Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

1. Windows 10
2. Opera (44.0.2510.857)
3. Haven't tested on other browsers
4. Today
5. chartung17
6. I was disconnected from the server in the middle of a game, and once I reconnected, it showed me the game as if I were a spectator. I could still post in the chat, but I couldn't see my moves/Pokémon to select one. I tried reloading the page multiple times and it didn't help. This game was the second time today that same error happened. Also, Opera is still crashing whenever I try to open Teambuilder.

Edit: The third time it happened, I copied the URL and successfully opened it in Chrome and selected my move, so it appears to be another problem with Opera.
Having the similar situation happen. Really hoping this issue is going to be fixed soon.

Saifari
Safiari
Can't only device
This morning
Themagicgnome
Cloudfire says badgateway host error its a 502

it said this
If you're the owner of this website:
Contact your hosting provider letting them know your web server is not completing requests. An Error 522 means that the request was able to connect to your web server, but that the request didn't finish. The most likely cause is that something on your server is hogging resources.

Last edited:
  1. ChromeOS
  2. Chrome
  3. Every other fails.
  4. Hours ago.
  5. Malachq
  6. Error 522. Website alerts "offline" but feed works. I have a feeling that the school blocked it.

Last edited:
1. Windows 8.
2. Chrome.
3. I tried to use Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Also Internet Explorer, Same thing happens.
4. Hours ago.
5. UnnamedNoob
6. Everytime i try to connect , it says "Couldn't connect to Server!". I have a fine internet connection, I've been using showdown for a long time with this computer/browser.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. I've tried Safari on my phone and the problem persists.
4. I've been gone for a while, but it's been bugging for the past week.
5. Adaam
6. I cannot connect to smogtours. I've tried multiple machines and my phone, yet none of them can connect to smogtours. It just says "loading" for everything. I can connect to main server just fine, though, and can watch battles when linked on smogtours.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. I've tried Safari on my phone and the problem persists.
4. I've been gone for a while, but it's been bugging for the past week.
5. Adaam
6. I cannot connect to smogtours. I've tried multiple machines and my phone, yet none of them can connect to smogtours. It just says "loading" for everything. I can connect to main server just fine, though, and can watch battles when linked on smogtours.
make sure you connect to it with http:// and not https://

1. OS X El Capitan
2. Chrome, most recent version, I updated it today (although the reason I updated was to try and make it work, and it didn't)
3. I'm having the same problem on Safari and the Downloadable version. However, it works just fine on other devices.
4. Today
5. BARABOY
6. When I open pokemon showdown, it gives me the "couldn't connect to server!" error message. I've checked with other people, and it's working just fine for them.

1. On my sony Xperia Z3 mobile phone
2Chrome
3. Same problem on Adblock webrowser
4. Today
5. Mickakun
6. I'm always disconnected. After Every action I have to reconnect to the server. It's impossible To send à message and almost impossible To play. 1 turn = 1 or 2 or 3 reconnection. I never had this problem with the same device

1. Windows 8.1
  2. Firefox
  3. IE and Chrome for windows, and Firefox and Chrome for Android
  4. A few days ago.
  5. Letters
  6. This is actually for everything Smogon, theforums, analyses, showdown, but surprisingly the calculator works. Everytime I try to log into the forums it says problem loading page as if I had no connection. When I log onto showdown (both through the app and website) I get a red "couldn't connect to the server message". It seems as if the problem is with my Wi-Fi and showdown cause it's working with data on my phone. Unsure as to why this is happening, but any info would be nice. I've had no problems with my connection and Smogon before and I've been on the same network (campus Wi-Fi) since February.

1. Windows
2. Google Chrome
3. Microsoft Edge, still doesn't work
4. When I first tried it (Today)
5. Not needed, but it's BennbuildVGC
6. This is actually not on PS! but on the damage calculator. When I try to use the One vs All option and choose the Pokémon and format, I press the "Honkalculate" button but it doesn't do anything. I went into the Chrome console and found this error

HTML:
Uncaught TypeError: pokeInfo.find is not a function
    at new Pokemon (shared_controls.js:408)
    at calculate (honkalculate_controls.js:76)
    at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (honkalculate_controls.js:231)
    at HTMLButtonElement.dispatch (jquery-1.9.1.min.js:3)
    at HTMLButtonElement.v.handle (jquery-1.9.1.min.js:3)

1. Windows 10
  2. Firefox 54.0.1
  3. Chrome, same results
  4. A couple of minutes ago (10:30pm 8/7/17)
  5. chocolate6423
  6. Every time I load the main page, it throws the "Couldn't connect to server!" message at me. When I try to go on a third-party server (i.e. Dragon Heaven, ROM), the page doesn't even load, giving me a "server not found" error instead. This has happened consistently so far, and there hasn't been any sort of announcement or alert about maintenance, planned or otherwise. Pls hlep

1. Windows 10
  2. Firefox 54.0.1
  3. Chrome, same results
  5. chocolate6423
  6. Every time I load the main page, it throws the "Couldn't connect to server!" message at me. When I try to go on a third-party server (i.e. Dragon Heaven, ROM), the page doesn't even load, giving me a "server not found" error instead. This has happened consistently so far, and there hasn't been any sort of announcement or alert about maintenance, planned or otherwise. Pls hlep
I'm experiencing the same issue, seems to me the domain psim.us is giving issues, since i can connect fine using a bot to the server, but smogtours.psim.us and the main website immediatly fail / ask for reconnect respectively.

1. Windows 10
  2. Firefox 54.0.1
  3. Chrome, same results
  5. chocolate6423
I'm getting the same issue. Can't log in to the site or the downloaded client with any computer. Any ideas on when it's gonna be fixed?

1. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
2. Chrome
3. None
4. Since yesterday evening
5. bluesaberlaser
6. "PS is under heavy load and cannot accommodate your connection right now." is displayed when opening PS in my desktop browser, PS windows program, my android phone when connected to WiFi, and the PS app when connected to WiFi. However, PS works on my phone with chrome and with the PS app when I am using data.

I can't connect to pokemon showdown, I'm using regular chrome/google, and I'm using a samsung chromebook. Anyway, the azure server and the regular pokemon showdown site does not work on my chromebook anymore. The sites say "loading" on the choose name part, and when I tried to login, it wont let me login. The password option doesn't even open for me. My friend used my account, he could login to it without any issues. I could change my password with my tablet, so I know I didn't get hacked. I restarted my computer, (didn't factory reset) I cleared my cache and cookies, tried it using http:// on both sites, I have good WIFI, but I STILL have the same problem on BOTH servers. (the azure server is down rn, but I had the problem even before that) I heard that the server was having trouble, which might explain it? Idk. I just need advice.

Last edited:
  1. Operating system Windows 8.1
  2. Google Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90
  3. No
  4. This morning
  5. Sam Crowe same as my smogon alt

hey good morning, I have been trying to log on to pokemon showdown but im unable to do so. I can see the chat as it happens live but the section where im supposed to enter my alt, all its says is loading. I have been refreshing for at least the last 3 hours and still no progress. Can you help me please. https://prnt.sc/g7xnhi <---- that is what im seeing currently

1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. Yes; Internet Explorer, but I still have the same issue.
4. The beginning of August.
5. aschwen
6. Whenever I go to PS, I get a message that says "You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted." Clicking reconnect doesn't fix the issue either.

1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. I have attempted this on Internet explorer and the problem doesn't seem to persist there. EDIT: Problem does actually exist on Internet Explorer but isn't as common as it is on Chrome
4. Started this afternoon
5. Argus Nidra and Big Five Gansley
6. Whenever I try to log in I get the same message over and over: "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted." Even on the few occasions where I was able to log in successfully, attempting to chat or find a battle instantly disconnects me from the server and repeats the cycle again.

Last edited:
1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. I have attempted this on Internet explorer and the problem doesn't seem to persist there. EDIT: Problem does actually exist on Internet Explorer but isn't as common as it is on Chrome
4. Started this afternoon
5. Argus Nidra and Big Five Gansley
6. Whenever I try to log in I get the same message over and over: "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted." Even on the few occasions where I was able to log in successfully, attempting to chat or find a battle instantly disconnects me from the server and repeats the cycle again.
I have the exact same issue, so if you're able to find a solution, please let me know what it is. I'll do the same for you if someone helps me out first!

I have the exact same issue, so if you're able to find a solution, please let me know what it is. I'll do the same for you if someone helps me out first!
I have made an attempt to use Firefox and so far that seems to be the best method for using Showdown without it crashing. Aside from that idk what's going on with other browsers; I even tried installing Showdown onto Desktop and got even worse results than what I did with Chrome. So for now, I'm probably gonna stick to Firefox when it comes to using PS.

Hi, for the past month or so i hop on showdown and i keep getting disconnected. "You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted." is what pops up every time i try to reconnect. I can only play on my laptop, when ever i try to play on my main pc i just get the disconnect message. I've confirmed that it isn't because of my firewall or internet connection. I've also reinstalled it several times with no luck.

I use chrome mainly but I've also tried IE9.
Started about a month ago.
PS username : A00ni

1. Windows 7
2. Google Chrome
3. I've tried Internet Explorer, but it doesn't work on there.
4.It started 3 months ago.
5.blizzardblaze174
6.PS always says the following-You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)