Other Team Analysis Project - Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I love this thread, and am really bummed that it sort of died, as it really is a great idea for a thread, and I feel that it has helped me understand teambuilding, as I have always had trouble building successful teams.
But anyways,

• Win Condition: As far as I can tell, CrashinBoomBang's team has no singular win condition, as all of his team except skarmory is very capable of dealing damage, but if I had to pick something, I would say a late-game clean with Terrakion or Greninja would be the easiest to achieve.
  • Strategy: Try to keep your team as healthy as possible while using powerful attacks to slowly break down your opponents team, using Mega-Venu, Skarm, and Dragonite as pivots when they are needed.
  • Counterplay: Greninja and Scarf Terrakion make life hard for opposing offense teams, and Terrakion also helps you not get swept by Char-X, Mega Tyranitar, Mega Gyarados, or Mega Pinsir. Kyu-B is great against opposing stall and slower teams, and is great at ripping apart cores with Teravolt and fantastic mixed offenses. Skarmory also provides great hazard control, as rocks can make life hard for this team, chipping away even more at Kyu-B and Greninja, and breaking Dragonite's multiscale.
  • Synergy: Skarmory's phazing and Terrakion's speed ensures that this team will never get swept easily. Greninja and Kyurem work very well together, dismantling basically any core. M-Venu and Dragonite make a surprisingly solid core that can still deal damage.
  • Intricacies: Skarmory really is the glue to this team, helping keep hazards off your side of the field, and on the opponents, wearing the other team down. Venusaur's sp atk ev's make it a lot of fun to not mega evolve against opposing teams that use sun/Char-Y.

Well lets see:

The team has no specific win con, like many balanced teams. Skarm aside, everything on the team can dish out decent amounts of damage and take just as much. It wins by wearing down the opponents team with its superior bulk or make beneficial trades mon for mon.

Dragonite/Venu/Skarm make the defensive core of the team covering each others weaknesses very well. Things like Pinsir/Talon/Latis/Lando that threaten Venu are dealt with by Skarm or Dragonite. For things that the defensive core cant handle Terrakion is there to revengekill boosted sweepers like Charizard-X or Mega TTar. With reliable switchins to most common offensive threats the team can easily wear down offensive teams.

Kyub and Greninja are the main damage sources of the team. Against stall the team relies alot on Kyub to punch wholes into the opposing team allowing the rest of the team, especially Terra and Greninja to break through. Greninja forgoes Darkpulse for HP fire probably to lure in Ferrothorn who otherwise walls both Greninja and Kyub and with Dragonite on the team there is a perfect answer to Aegislash and even if Dragonite fails, there is still Venu who can beat it as well so there is no need for Dark Pulse, HP Fire on Venu hits lots of things that would otherwise wall it and is arguably the best coverage move for it, Skarm, Scizor, Aegi, Ferro, Bisharp are all nailed by it. Skarm obviously deals with hazards and can rack up SR damage with Whirlwind.

In terms of weaknesses there are two things that stand out for me. One is that there is no way of handling Zard X aside from Terra who has trouble switching in multiple times, however that is largely compensated by the fact that Zard cant set up on anything on the team, Skarm can phase him out and everything else can do massive damage to it or outright kill it so it will have a hard time setting up even once. This requires the team to take the risk of losing a mon though as Skarm, Kyub and Dragonite are all threatened by Zard X.

The other problem is status especially burn. There is nothing on the team that likes getting burned, Terra, Dragonite, Kyub and Venu are all severely crippled by it and Greninja and Skarm dont like it either. Venu can take toxic but many common toxic users like bulky waters or heatran can burn it so thats not the best solution either. Especially Heatran deserves a mention as Venu cant do anything to it and nothing on the team likes switching into it, best switch is Greninja and he will be worn down fast.

• Win Condition:There isn't really a solid wincon. There are 3 possible wincons: dragonite ESpeed cleanup, Greninja cleanup, and Terrakion cleanup. Against stall, Kyurem-B is a solid wincon
  • Strategy: Wear down the opposing team, and choose the wincon as they see fit. Against a more offensive team, Greninja and DNite are solid wincons, as is Terrakion. Kyurem-B seems to be the wincon against stall/defense teams.
  • Couterplay: The careful balance(kek) of bulk, power, and speed is key to this. If you see an hyper offense team, take a conservative approach and ultimately try to allow a wincon that succeeds vs more offensive teams to clean. If you see defensive teams, apply some pressure but avoid getting pressure applied to yourself. Kyu-B is the perfect tool for this.
  • Intricacies: The different wincons allow it to succeed vs multiple types of teams.
  • Weaknesses: The speed. Extremely HO teams can take advantage of this because of their typically fast members and strong attackers. Greninja alleviates this problem somewhat, but the pressure that can be applied by these kinds of hazard stacking teams may just be enough for this team to give way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)