1. The moderators of this forum are The Immortal, Chloe., and E4 Flint.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

SylveMons (Submission Phase)

Discussion in 'Pet Mods' started by Reviloja753, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Dilasc

Dilasc

I think Tclap would work well as coverage on a bunch of nonelectric types who could probably stomp loudly such as Ponyta, Rhyhorn, Tauros, Kingler, kangaskhan, Geodude (both), Meganium, Azumarill, Girafarig, Phanpy, Tyranitar, Marshtomp, Hariyama...

I think I made my point, so you all get the idea. Give it TM style distribution for great coverage on say, Klingklang, Glalie, Beartic, Barbaracle, Golisopod, Samurott and so on.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 11:50 AM
    Samtendo09 and Sereg like this.
  2. AquaticPanic

AquaticPanic

In the term of Forecast, I'd give it to one of the Tornaduses. Probably Incanate.

Time Warp for Celebi and Dialga for sure. I don't remember anyone else who has a relation to time.

Knight's Blade for the Sword Of Justice, Samurott's line (HA), and Mega Gallade. I'd say Aegislash but you can't really remove it's ability.

Corrosion should probably stay for Sala line only. I can't think of anything else to get it. At the max, Garbodor.

Teleport for Mew and Mewtwo for teleporting in the movies. Edit: Actually they already have it. Oh, btw, for whatever reason Arcanine has Teleport in vanilla

For Slipstream, give it to the Route Birds, Fearow, Crobat, the Legendary Birds, Skarmory, Pelipper, Altaria, Tropius, Rauquaza, Honchkrow, Chatot, Swanna, Emolga, Braviary, Madibuzz, Hawlucha, maybe Garchomp, Lati@s, Reshiram and Lunala

For Plume Cannon, anything with plumes, really.

List of mons I counted that have plumes (open)

Pidgey line, Spearow line, Farfetch'd, Dodrio line, Articuno, Noctowl Line, Togectic/Togekiss, Natu line, Murkrow line, Delibird, (Do Skarmory's blades count as Plumes?), Ho-Oh, Swollow line, Wingull Line, Starly line, Chatot, Pidove line, Sigilyph, Archen line, Ducklett Line, Rufflet line, Vullaby line, Therian Tornadus, Fletchling Line, Hawlucha, Rowlet line, Toucannon, Oricorio, Blaziken Line, White Kyurem, Reshiram, Piplup Line (We're having a case of Iron Tail Primeape here since it loses it's plumes when it evolves but still has the move from the pre-evo), Hydreigon, Mega Absol (Hard to tell what to do since the base doesn't have plumes), Drampa, Dunsparce

Thunder Clap for Electivire, Koko, Eelektross, Zebstrika, Rapidash, Mudsdale, the Swords of Justice, Zapdos, Raikou, Hariyama, *maybe* Kyogre

Haunting Scream for Gengar line, Mismagius, Gardevoir, Exploud, Chatot, Hoopas, Giratinas
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 2:22 PM
    Sereg likes this.
  3. S. Court

S. Court formerly Victor S. Court

I'll give some ideas based in dex description, more incoming!

Corrosion

Dragalge (Omega Ruby) "Their poison is strong enough to eat through the hull of a tanker, and they spit it indiscriminately at anything that enters their territory."

Muk (DPP) "A toxic fluid seeps from its body. The fluid instantly kills plants and trees on contact." That reminds me acid rain, which is corrosive.

Swalot (HG/SS) "It gulps anything that fits in its mouth. Its special enzymes can dissolve anything."

Victreebel (X) "Once ingested into this Pokémon's body, even the hardest object will melt into nothing."

Haunting scream

Gourgeist (not that it can be too helpful for it, but it fits) (Pokemon X) "Singing in eerie voices, they wander town streets on the night of the new moon. Anyone who hears their song is cursed."
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 1:23 PM
    Sereg, AquaticPanic and Exploudit like this.
  4. Dilasc

Dilasc

If Corrosion was regular Muk only, that'd give it a leg to stand on compared to its Alolan form, which shot up many tiers because of a better typing.
    AquaticPanic and Sereg like this.
  5. Pika Xreme

Pika Xreme

Thunderclap candidates (open)

Electric:
    Pikachu line
    Geodude-Alola line
    Electabuzz line
    Shinx line
    Blitzle line
    Eelektrik + Eelektross
    Zekrom
    Togedemaru
    (no Koko b/c that'd be broke)

Literally everything that gets Boomburst:
    Tailow line
    Exploud
    Vibrava + Flygon
    Chatot
    Pikipek line

Other:
    Klingklang
    (also basically what everyone has suggested)
    Sereg likes this.
  6. CoolMan6001

CoolMan6001

TBH I don't think the Boomburst mons should get it except Exploud. And I can't see how the Pikachu line and Togedemaru could even use it. I'm fine with everything else though.
  7. Yahooboo

Yahooboo

Sandstorms, which Flygon is heavily linked to, can actually form lightning, so I think Thunderclap makes sense on it.
  8. Yoshiblaze

Yoshiblaze

Knight's Blade: I stick by everything I suggested (Mega Gallade (regular can have it, too, but giving it to Mega Gallade is OU relevant), Absol (Mega?), Honedge and Doublade, Farfetch'd, Escavalier, Pawniard line, Kabutops, Oshawott line, Fomantis line). I also like the idea of giving it to the Swords of Justice.

Forecast: Castform (duh) and Maractus, and idk what else tbh.

Time Warp: Celebi, Dialga, maybe Beheeyem for viability's sake

Haunting Scream: Gourgeist makes perfect sense. Othe Ghost that could have it include Gengar, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Cofagrigus, Banette, and Froslass. Also, maybe Primarina and Chatot as it could be a sad or scary song?

Teleport: Everything that gets it before (including from Gen 1, so yay Teleport Magmortar), Reuniclus maybe
    Gojiratar and Sereg like this.
  9. S. Court

S. Court formerly Victor S. Court

More descriptions to justify the abilities!

Time Warp

Gardevoir (Alpha Saphire) "Gardevoir has the psychokinetic power to distort the dimensions and create a small black hole. This Pokémon will try to protect its Trainer even at the risk of its own life." being able to create a black hole means it's able to distort time and space, so I guess Time Warp is kind of fitting.

Xatu could be kind of related due to its strong relation with the ability to be able to see past and future and same time according to Pokemon X description "They say that it stays still and quiet because it is seeing both the past and future at the same time." but it probably would be kind of forced, you decide.

I like Yoshiblaze's idea of putting it to Beheeyem for competitive reasons, that'd make it a great late-game sweeper or a "fast" wallbreaker

Haunting Scream

Mismagius (Alpha Saphire) "Its cries sound like incantations to torment the foe. It appears where you least expect it."

Not dex related, but if Meloetta gets Haunting Scream, it'd bet a powerful niche, 60% of chance to put Perish Soung counter would be actually powerful for a specially defensive set.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 12:24 AM
    Sereg likes this.
  10. Sereg

Sereg

Hariyama could get Thuderclap because of high strength and huge hands.
  11. Gojiratar

Gojiratar

Could we just give Haunting scream to everything that gets perish Song?
  12. Exploudit

Exploudit

I don't think that's a smart idea, Politoed for example for sure shouldn't learn it
    Sereg and Gojiratar like this.
  13. Gojiratar

Gojiratar

True, that wouldn't make sense at all :'[
    Sereg and Exploudit like this.
  14. Yveltal for PU

Yveltal for PU

Lapras used Haunting Scream!
    Origin0, Gojiratar and Exploudit like this.
  15. Gojiratar

Gojiratar

Altaria used Haunting Scream !
    Origin0 and Exploudit like this.
  16. Ludicrousity

Ludicrousity

Azumarill used Haunting Scream!!?
  17. Origin0

Origin0

Kricketune used Haunting Scream! It was super effective!

But seriously, what exactly is Thunderclap supposed to be? Is it just the booming sound of thunder used as an attack or any loud noise that sounds like thunder?

Edit: Also, I just searched up “Pokemon associated with time” and found a Bulbapedia page on time travel in the anime: There was an ADV-era episode where a Baltoy used time travel to rescue its past self and an XY-era episode where a Rotom sent Ash and the gang back into the past to change the past. So maybe Baltoy/Claydol and Rotom should also get the Time Warp ability?
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 12:12 PM
    Sereg likes this.
  18. Yahooboo

Yahooboo

the noise thunder makes
    Sereg and Origin0 like this.
  19. AquaticPanic

AquaticPanic

Igglybuff used Haunting Scream!
    Ludicrousity, Origin0 and Exploudit like this.
  20. Ludicrousity

Ludicrousity

[​IMG]
    You use Haunting Scream!

And you use Haunting Scream!!!

EVERYONE USE HAUNTING SCREAM!!!
  21. Dilasc

Dilasc

A lot of amorphous mons look like they'd be screamers. Like Eelektross, that mouth looks like its screams would give nightmares and Spiritomb and Palossand.. Also Zu/Golbat looks like a screamer.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 4:39 PM
  22. Sharpest

Sharpest

Give any flying types that ride the wind slipstream, emolga, jumpluff, and whimsicott all come to mind.
    Sereg likes this.
  23. Sharpest

Sharpest

Maybe golurk could work with thunder clap? When i hear thunder clap i think of a shock wave of sorts, so pokemon capable of causing earthquakes could work. Also golurk has some sort of energy sealed within itself. Maybe that energy is some sort of electrical charge?
    Sereg likes this.
  24. Ludicrousity

Ludicrousity

I believe it's supposed to be the sound of lightning when it hits the ground, which would work for storm based pokemon and stuff. sooo
  25. Sharpest

Sharpest

Kind of makes sense for golurk then. It can also learn thunder punch and thunderbolt.
    Ludicrousity and Sereg like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)