Project SV OU Teambuilding Competition (Indigo Disk Edition) Cycle 11: Volcarona!

congrats to Conflux123 on winning! next up
:Sv/gouging-fire:
A threatening setup sweeper, gouging fire can absolutely dismantle teams if it gets the opportunity. However, It's not free of flaws, as it has a hard time against plenty of foes such as Dondozo, defensive Ground-types (assuming no tera), faster Pokemon, etc. How would you build a team that brings out its full potential?

You have a week to build!

https://pokepast.es/5e66946544107c85
This is a sun team I built around abusing Banded Gouging, one of the most nuclear wallbreakers I've ever seen.
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume

Just the normal set for setting sun, nothing spectacular

Gouging Fire @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 88 HP / 168 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Outrage
With this EV spread Gouging is doing massive damage while also outspeeding the entire unboosted metagame since its speed gets boosted by protosynthesis, not Attack. It has good natural bulk and is extremely hard to switch into with its fantastic STAB combination that is basically unresisted. This means that it will provide insane offensive pressure and tera fire makes its STAB sun-boosted flare blitzes insanely powerful.

Hatterene @ Eject Button
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nuzzle
- Psychic
This Hatterene set is mostly for pivoting and absorbing knock off. With magic bounce it's a great way to keep gouging healthy by keeping rocks off of the field, and with eject buton it can pivot in anything you like once. This can bring in a strong breaker and helps out a lot. Healing Wish also heals Gouging, so once your opponent thinks that its finally gone, you can sack hatt to bring it in for free and let it wreak havoc once again.

Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flip Turn
- Hydro Steam
- Flamethrower
This mon is literally impossible to switch into. Seriously. Name one switch-in. Okay. Yes. Blissey does wall it. But it forces Blissey to use soft-boiled after getting hit by a specs draco meteor or hydro steam, which means that this set can even break past Blissey once it runs out of soft-boiled pp. This set is getting a speed boost from protosynthesis, so it becomes extremely fast and powerful. It has literally no switch-ins other than blissey and it can even gain momentum with flip turn. It's very good for wearing down the opposing team and will cause massive headaches for the opposing team.

Roaring Moon @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 32 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn

This set is a set that shares checks with Gouging, so it's very good for wearing down its shared checks. With U-turn it can gain momentum and outrage is hard to switch into. Gouging also appreciates it wearing down shared checks and knock-off is literally guaranteed progress early-game, as well as being key to breaking stall (although gouging and wake already create massive headaches for any stall player.)
And finally...

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flyinf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Probably the most consistent wincon in OU history. This guy is basically THE wincon for any archetype and that holds true for Sun. Here I'm running black glasses with tera flying to try and get a SD off and sweep. Gouging Fire and Roaring Moon wear down shared checks with Kingambit, while Wake just nukes all of Kingambit's checks. Kingambit really appreciates Gouging Fire wearing down checks over time, and overall I feel the team is pretty solid.

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm gonna leave this here as a supplement to the team of the week and as a little bit of a last hurrah before I take a break from this site and, consequently, this project until my graduation from college in May.

:gouging-fire::gholdengo::rillaboom::zamazenta::landorus-therian::dragapult:

This is the team I brought to OUPL finals against HYper. It uses some pretty niche techs including a great Gouging Fire set that I was really excited about from a previous, failed Grassy Terrain team. I decided I wanted to use it in combination with Grassy Seed Gholdengo with a spread I stole from hellom who stole it from councilmember and goat xavgb.

:sv/gouging-fire:
Gouging Fire @ Grassy Seed
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Breaking Swipe
- Morning Sun
- Dragon Dance

:sv/gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 8 SpA / 100 SpD / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Recover

These two take advantage of heavily invested special bulk and boosted bulk from Grassy Seed :grassy-seed: to set up on offensive teams, including pokemon that should be checks such as Great Tusk :Great-Tusk: and Kingambit :kingambit:. Gouging Fire also runs Breaking Swipe and Morning Sun to PP stall Dondozo :dondozo: and grant set up opportunities on Great Tusk among others. The Gholdengo spread, to my understanding is to hit 230 speed to outspeed many bulky Gliscors :gliscor:, SpA investment to OHKO Dragapult :dragapult: most of the time, and avoid certain important 2HKOs.

:sv/rillaboom:
Rillaboom (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 32 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- U-turn

Next was the necessary Terrain setter, who hold an Assault Vest to act as an emergency Shadow Ball switch-in. She uses a Fire tera to avoid burns from Dragapult, resist Kyurem Ice STAB, and check Volcarona. Low Kick is used to hit Kyurem :kyurem: and Archaludon :archaludon: on switchin. Spread is for the Jolly Kingambit :kingambit: outspeed and I believe a Specs Pult :dragapult: calc.

:sv/zamazenta:
Zamazenta @ Mirror Herb
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 40 HP / 120 Atk / 180 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam
- Crunch
- Iron Defense

The best tech on this team, but not one created by me. I honestly was just dead set on using this set against my opponent because I expected some random speed boosting sweeper, and to be fair I could have greedily swapped it into BD Azumarill and won the game right there, but it didn't end up working. Except for when I ran into my opponent on ladder a few days before. (He said he didn't recognize the team even after this.) The set beats teams with Dragon Dance sweepers like Roaring Moon :roaring-moon:, Great Tusk :great-tusk: with BU or Rapid Spin, and it can break through ID Skarm :skarmory: with barely any prior chip. Goat set. I chose it over something like Hawlucha but honestly Encore Hawlucha might be better in this slot. The one advantage this definitely has over its faster counterpart is its ability to break for the team with Atk invested coverage.

:sv/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 240 HP / 36 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn

:sv/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 18 HP
- Dragon Darts
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Finally, these two round out the team with speed control, utility, and needed resistances/immunities. I find myself slapping these exact two sets on so many HOs to make my matchup against Rain and other offense much more playable. BTW Pult's IVs are not a mistake. They let you regain Focus Sash after SR damage in 2 turns rather than 3.

Thanks for having me and thank you zastra for hosting with me. I'll be back before we know it.

:sv/kyurem::sv/dragonite::sv/hatterene::sv/enamorus::sv/great tusk::sv/gouging fire:
So, Mr My-Name-Is-Hard-To-Spell-So-Small-Sprites-Are-A-Pain-To-Get Kyruem. I went for the :loaded dice: set, to make it a strong physical attacker. This is a mon who takes 25% from rocks. Let's put on some removal! Tusk and Hatterene make sure no hazards get through. Soo, the niche pick. The hidden gem. The hazard reliant mon, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and everyone else not included in those groups, give it up for :weakness policy::dragonite:!
Am I crazy? Yes! Fairy and Dragon are two common attacking types, and Tera Normal can be used to get +2 on fighting moves too! Without the burden of Stealth Rocks, it can use an item and not worry that its multiscale might be broken. Enamorus was added next, a fast rocks weak mon who could serve as an alternate tera wincon with scarfed stellar tera blast. Finally came Gouging Fire, another rocks-weak mon but this one utilised :heavy-duty boots: to make sure that it would not be an autoloss if rocks snuck past our removal. All sets, aside from Dragonite's (obviously), are standard.
can I please use this again? If not, I'll try something else.

Imma take zastra 's like as a yes, so... just look at that post.

Last edited:
sorry for the break, but we are back! thanks leng for your service, and welcome ToastedBunzzz02 to the hosting team! oh, and congratulations to leng loi on winning Cycle 5!

Cycle 6: Hex Spam

Yep, this time, we won't give you a Pokemon to build around with. Instead, you can build with whatever you want! As long as it's related to the topic of course. Hex users (like :gholdengo: :dragapult:), status users, etc.-- use your creativity to build an effective team!

You have one week of building time. Voting will start just after a week's period is over and end 2-3 days after. Have fun!​

:sv/toxapex::sv/glimmora::sv/gholdengo::sv/gliscor::sv/iron moth::sv/great tusk:
So, this is actually an old idea from Ye Olde Times of the 21st of April (okay it feels old, there have been 80 pages of discussion since), when I was inspired by a message in OU discussion from Heatranator (shoutout, thanks for the ideas)
Okay, so I was testing another gimmick team (I have 8 on my alt account, and I've revealed two so far, I swear I will reveal more at some point), and let me just say, merciless stockpile toxapex wasn't actually bad.
I thought going into it I would have to choose regenerator eventually but it has actually saved me a lot of times against setup sweepers. You can get up a few stockpiles to stop setup sweepers doing too much damage to you, and in the meantime you can toxic them. Now, that toxic damage may be nice, but they can outboost you and toxapex has crummy damage output right? That's where merciless comes in. Since you do guarenteed critical hits when an opposing mon is poisoned, which you would have done with toxic, you can increase your damage output by 1.5x, especially if you have hex like I did. Combine that with crits ignoring stat changes, and that means something like volc can be stonewalled because they are taking consistent damage from your moves and not decreasing your damage output.
IDK guys, this was a kinda fire set.
And I thought back to my days of playing LC and merciless :mareanie:. I had this idea.
So, the idea is Venoshock :toxaPex: with :Glimmora: and :Gliscor: as status spreaders, :Gholdengo: to stop :Glimmora:'s Toxic Spikes from being spun and an extra strong sweeper who could utilise it, venoshock :Iron Moth:. Now, I added a physical wincon who could ideally setup but also be immediately strong-:booster energy::Great Tusk: went on the team. I can't remember how many teams I fooled with headlong rush into a :Gholdengo: switching in. There was the team!

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/0bfc2e5a376fcc7c

:Darkrai:
Darkrai @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse

Always wanted to experiment with this set, Darkrai and Gho share around the same switch ins so this aims to weaken them with knock and set up for hex with wisp and lucky sludge poisons. The team is kinda weak tp prim so this chips it down quite a bit.

:Ogerpon-Wellspring:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Ivy Cudgel
- Superpower
- U-turn

If we're knocking things off then we might as well spike, nice typing and nice speed, superpower is to lure in kyurem and chip Arch a little and u turn for momentum.

:Gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

The Hex guy, just physdef with enough speed for uninvested Gliscor and Ghost/Fighting covers about everything.

:Heatran:
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 60 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt / Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp

Kind of a glue, checks a lot of things and can get some lucky burns with flame body. Speed for adamant dnite. Use Sunny Day to not get 6-0ed by rain.

:Great-Tusk:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Headlong Rush
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

might be the actual glue mon, rocks, spinner, knocker #2, raging bolt check you know the deal.

:Iron-Boulder:
Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Mighty Cleave
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Just a back up in case set up mons goes too crazy.

Hello everyone! I'll be co-hosting this project along with the wonderful zastra now. A hearty congratulations to NotDaProGamer for winning cycle 6!

Cycle 7 : Garganacl

:sv/Garganacl:

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Tera Type: Water/ Fairy
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Earthquake
[NOTE: It is NOT mandatory to use this set only. Feel free to customize]

An excellent wall with great defensive stats and ability that can also act as a potential sweeper with Curse/ Iron Defence or set up Stealth Rock. However its claim to OU is with its signature move Salt Cure making it very hard to switch around it and requiring active preparation in the builder. However it is not without flaws, its typing (without terastallizing) hinders it and is generally passive without salt cure's secondary effect which can be taken advantage with techs like substitute, covert cloak and Magic Guard.

How would you build a team that lets Garganacl rise to its full potential? You have 1 week to build!

Hazard Stack

:sv/weavile: :sv/samurott-Hisui: :sv/gholdengo: :sv/ogerpon wellspring: :sv/slowking Galar: :sv/garganacl:

https://pokepast.es/ff0a5fec9914de28

:Weavile:
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Removes boots and pressures Gliscor. Easily sweeps with hazards up. Boots because steeping on rocks and spikes is painful.

:samurott-hisui:
Samurott-Hisui @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Aqua Cutter
- Flip Turn
- Aqua Jet

Lays down hazards with Ceaseless Edge, is speed control with Scarf, and revenge killer with Aqua Jet.

:Gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Keeps hazards up. Checks Fairies that threaten Weavile. Creates holes through Make It Rain. Gholdengo also holds the important job of wrecking Magic Guard Clefable who would otherwise live on against hazards and pressure Weavile.

:Ogerpon wellspring:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech

Exerts an enormous amount of offensive pressure in this Meta. Breaks down stall and checks Rain.

:slowking galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Future Sight
- Sludge Wave
- Chilly Reception

Pairs extremely well with Garganacl, especially after Garganacl is Tera Water. Lays more hazards down and forces swaps with Future Sight + Sludge Wave. Tera Water is good into Weather.

:Garganacl:
Garganacl @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Iron Defense
- Earthquake
- Recover

This Mon is absolutely brutal on hazard stack, forces many swaps with Salt Cure. Garganacl and Slowking-G can continually swap to wall the opponent’s sweepers and wear them down with Salt Cure + Future Sight + hazards. Iron Defense over Curse since it allows Garganacl to wall faster and this team holds plenty of potential sweepers.

This is an hstack team that is built to defensively force switches to wear down the opposing team, then break through with our three setup sweepers. This team is fully immune to hazards except for gambit, so we can get away with not having a form of hazard control.
:sv/Skarmory:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
Classic mon on hstack. It walls a lot of physical threats in the tier, can be a potent win condition late game and it finds so many opportunities to find setup. The threat of it setting up for free also forces a lot of switches. Tera fighting makes it a great kingambit check.

:sv/Slowking-Galar:
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Thunder Wave
Best specially defensive pivot in OU. Period. It has insane special bulk, letting it eat even super effective moves, and it can chip down the opposing team with fsight and gain momentum with chilly reception. It can also cripple switch ins with twave and anything it walls, it HARD walls so of course it will force even more switches to rack up residual damage. Snow even has synergy with Weavile to let Weavile tank hits better. Tera fairy so we don’t get run over by kyurem.

:sv/Gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
Everyone’s favourite cheese stick. This set blocks spins as well as being decent at doing a bit of chip with shadow ball. It also forces out checks to gambit like fighting types with dazzling gleam.

:sv/Garganacl:
Garganacl @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Iron Defense
HDB to minimize chip for hazards since you have recover anyway. This set is not for sweeping and more for like stonewalling setup sweepers and forcing them to switch, getting hazard damage and salt cure being the cherry on top. Bluffing a body press set is also very fun.

:sv/Weavile:
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
A strong knock off user that is good offensively. I chose it over meow on this team since it threatens gliscor, which can be annoying as it can come in on Garganacl for free, and it is speed control with ice shard. Knock off is standard for hstack with the added benefit of possibly knocking any covert cloaks for Garg.

:sv/Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
Best win condition in the game. It is so deadly since we can just save it until the opposing team is chipped enough. Secondary speed control with sucker.

Last edited:

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I rarely ever actually post these, but here’s my submission.

Roarcune + Garg Tspikes
IMG_3184.png
IMG_2467.png
IMG_5478.png
IMG_8870.png
IMG_5481.png
IMG_4647.png

https://pokepast.es/b3e7b0f8387d79f8

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Substitute
- Roar

CM Cune is an underrated wincon. My reasoning for using it over Prim is because of its better speed and physical bulk along with Roar. Great for phazing to rack up hazard damage or halt premature sweeps in the early game and cleaning up with Sub-CM. Roar also stops Ting-Lu from phazing you out and Stored Power’s mons from attempting to 1v1 you. 76 Def Bold so its Sub can eat a Gliscor EQ, and 180 Sped to outrun Modest Raging Bolt.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Swords Dance

SD + Tspikes is a bizzare set but one that works surprisingly well. Since Gliscor threatens the number 1 Tspike absorber, Gliscor becomes affective at keeping Toxic Spikes up, and Swords Dance + Knock Off punishes Hatt. Tera Ghost to spinblock Tusk in a pinch and play around Ironpress Zama.

EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower.

The basic Slowking-G set but with Flamethrower to hit Gambit/Ghold, and Tera Steel Zama behind a Sub. It serves as this team’s main pivot and special wall. Tera Water for Walking Wake obviously.

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Salt Cure
- Protect
- Recover

The main star. It clicks rocks and racks up passive damage with Salt Cure. It is also the team’s main check to Kyurem. Tera Grass punishes Rillaboom and Ogerpon while letting me shed its Steel weakness for Ghold. You will probably be Terastilizing Garg often.

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Offensive Tusk provides the team with a strong offensive force and Rapid Spinner. Tera Fire reverses its Fairy weakness while blocking Wisp from Pult in case Garganacl dies.

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 208 HP / 176 SpA / 124 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

This spread seems funky but it serves a purpose. 124 Sped puts me above Zama’s lowering their speed to creep Weavile and 208 Speed allows Pult to live a +2 Play Rough from Ogerpon after being burnt and eat 2 Tera boosted Ivy Cudguls from a burnt Oger after a SD.

There might be matchups where you have to play carefully like Kingambit and Gholdengo, but if you play your cards right, it’ll make your opponent question their sanity.

Setup Spammers
https://pokepast.es/795065c8ea355915

:sv/garganacl:
Garganacl @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Earthquake/Body Press

The needed guy. Setup set inspired me to make this whole team, with it slowly wearing away at opponents with Salt Cure and making them have to switch more to get free turns.

:sv/manaphy:
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Take Heart
- Acid Armor
- Scald
- Stored Power

Hey, isn't that a coincidence? My first two mons are both BL. Anyway, the mon who was contentious for a ban and finds itself in RUBL is being used as a strong double dancer and also an answer into the rare status spam team, and also using rain against it.

:Sv/ninetales:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast

TaleNiners, with the classic hail and weather-disrupting service, is here. My main support for the rest of my team.

:sv/rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower

Grassy Glide recovery+Leftovers=eazy +6 attack. That's literally it.

:sv/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Tera Blast

Matchup Moth! It's here as our fire in the fire-grass-water core which I just noticed I had, resident HDB mon and SNOWBALLER.

:sv/weavile:
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

I tried to be stubborn and keep my ground, but it finally failed. I wanted a full setup team, but people all told me 'it's too MU dependent'. Well, I worked for a while with Cress, but finally, I backed down. Here we are. Triple Kicks itself.

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
:garganacl::slowking-galar::great-tusk::ogerpon-wellspring::latios::kingambit:

:maranga-berry::maranga-berry::maranga-berry::maranga-berry::maranga-berry::maranga-berry:

This is a bit of a meme one. I wanted to make Maranga Berry Garganacl work because a friend suggested it. To me, this felt like it needed to be a faster paced build that only really had Garg come in once or twice to make use of the berry > leftovers. I also felt that this Garg set was pretty solid into most offense due to reduced encore usage on high ladder, but something that could be a big problem was Bulk Up Great Tusk. To remedy this weakness, I wanted to pair Garg with Tspikes, and chose Glowking as I felt it would better fit an offensive team style with Chilly Reception. From here, I knew I would eventually need to slot tusk with Garganacl and no-boots Glowking, This Tusk is defensive bc the team otherwise lacks repeatable answers to physically offensive pivots. I needed water and ground resists, as well as speed control, so I went with 1 broken and 1 extremely shaky mon, as is my style. Mostly, Ogerpon and Latios serve to patch defensive holes while bullying fat teams with SD and Trick respectively. Finally, I thought I was too weak to Gambit, especially tera'd, so I went with my own Jolly Gambit to handle it, especially Fairyblast.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)