Research Sun & Moon TM Location Guide [COMPLETE]

Couldn't find an answer to this, sorry if this is the wrong place but are TMs still infinite use or are they single use again?

In Pokémon Sun, completing the history line and the post-game couldn't find the Oranguru that gives you TM Number: 21 (Frustration) and TM Number: 27 (Return) in the day.
I went to the site at night, and the Oranguru was there. Can someone confirm it? Maybe I did something to unlock him.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In Pokémon Sun, completing the history line and the post-game couldn't find the Oranguru that gives you TM Number: 21 (Frustration) and TM Number: 27 (Return) in the day.
I went to the site at night, and the Oranguru was there. Can someone confirm it? Maybe I did something to unlock him.
My screenshot says that I was there at night too. Updated list to reflect this, thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for compiling the list, guys! However, I have one detail that should be included in the OP:

The TM for Round's only available at night. The Grimer isn't there to initiate that whole "pick up Pokemon Trash" quest during the day.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Thanks for compiling the list, guys! However, I have one detail that should be included in the OP:

The TM for Round's only available at night. The Grimer isn't there to initiate that whole "pick up Pokemon Trash" quest during the day.
Done. Thanks!

Is there a hidden requirement for getting the Return and Frustration TMs? I have Moon and I've checked the Malasada Shop in Malie City both at night and daytime and there's never an Oranguru in there. Or is the night cycle split into certain times and I have to check by a certain point in time?

If it helps I usually wake up past noon.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Is there a hidden requirement for getting the Return and Frustration TMs? I have Moon and I've checked the Malasada Shop in Malie City both at night and daytime and there's never an Oranguru in there. Or is the night cycle split into certain times and I have to check by a certain point in time?

If it helps I usually wake up past noon.
We're not 100% sure on the triggers yet. Have you finished the main story yet?

We're not 100% sure on the triggers yet. Have you finished the main story yet?
Hmm not yet, maybe that's why. Only just finished the 3rd island. I'll try waking up early tomorrow to check again because the image shown on the OP looks darker than my game past noon. Thanks!

I'm at the spot where you get TM94/Surf and the 2 swimmers aren't there. For what it's worth I am not in post-game; if the time of day affects their appearance it's 4pm in Moon in my game right now. Is there some trigger for them to appear?

Also, couldn't find any Oranguru in the Malie City Pokemon Centre (checked around 12pm? in my game). Does night mean in-game night or 3DS clock night?

I'm at the spot where you get TM94/Surf and the 2 swimmers aren't there. For what it's worth I am not in post-game; if the time of day affects their appearance it's 4pm in Moon in my game right now. Is there some trigger for them to appear?

Also, couldn't find any Oranguru in the Malie City Pokemon Centre (checked around 12pm? in my game). Does night mean in-game night or 3DS clock night?
Oranguru for Return/Frustration should be in Malie City Masalada Shop, not the Pokemon Centre. And time refers to in-game time.

I checked again today at the same time, the Oranguru was there! The only thing that changed was I finished the Aether Island part of the story. Maybe finishing that/the 3rd island is a requirement for the Oranguru to show up?

I checked again today at the same time, the Oranguru was there! The only thing that changed was I finished the Aether Island part of the story. Maybe finishing that/the 3rd island is a requirement for the Oranguru to show up?
This would make sense. All the other islands have stuff open up only after completing other objectives. Beating Hala is the trigger for the battle buffet and technically Ten Karat Hill, along with a few other odds and ends, for example. The third island gets lead onto the aether plotline, so that might be the kahuna-esque trigger for it.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a small correction: Bulk Up, Venoshock, and the other TMs listed as found at the Konikoni Pokemon Center are actually in a TM Shop outside the Pokemon Center (the linked picture is accurate for the location of that shop though).

It's the Eastern exit from Ula'ula Meadow iirc?
That's next to the Lake of the Sunne/Moone, not the Altar, where you catch Solgaleo/Lunala. Maybe that's the problem with the Psyshock listing, that it's actually at the lake (I don't remember, but I don't think anything's at the altar).

Edit: Yeah, but it's listed correctly in the OP.

Regarding the four TMs that require it to be night time to obtain.

TM Number: 21
Move Name: Frustration
General Location: Ula'ula Island, Malie City (talk to the Oranguru in the Malasada shop at Night)

TM Number: 27
Move Name: Return
General Location: Ula'ula Island, Malie City (talk to the Oranguru in the Malasada shop at night)

TM Number: 48
Move Name: Round
General Location: Melemele Island, Hau'oli Cith Shopping District (Night only)

TM Number: 56
Move Name: Fling
General Location: Melemele Island, Received as gift from the Woman riding a Machamp in Hau'oli Cemetery
It must be night time in your game and not in real life since Pokemon Moon is set 12 Hours different from Pokemon Sun. So essentially Pokemon Moon players have to get these TMs in the day [real time].

Edit!
Suns Day - 6:00 AM - 5:59 PM
Suns Night - 6:00 PM - 5:59 AM
Moons Day - 6:00 PM - 5:59 AM
Moons Night - 6:00 AM - 5:59 PM

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)