Stufful, Bewear Discussion

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
The best EV spread is probably 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe, since it outspeeds uninvested base 60s. Sure it outspeeds bulky Tyranitar with 12 Spe, but Tyranitar isn't doing much to Bewear anyways. I can see both Assault Vest and Choice Band sets being very good.

You guys aren't using enough imagination on how bulky this thing is...

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 168-200 (74 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 168-200 (37.8 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Bewear: 342-404 (89.7 - 106%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Slap Bulk up on this thing and let nothing stop you ever again.
Good lord, that's bulky.

I decided to run some calcs for Bulk Up. Here's what I found:

252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewaer: 224-266 (50.4 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Mega Mewtwo X Zen Headbutt vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 152-182 (34.2 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Mega Mewtwo X Focus Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 288-342 (64.8 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Deoxys-A Superpower vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 222-262 (50 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 312-368 (70.2 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 248-296 (55.8 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 222-264 (50 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Giga Impact vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 320-378 (72 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 332-392 (74.7 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Minior Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 264-312 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Focus Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 360-426 (81 - 95.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

"Good lord, that's bulky."
-DrPumpkinz, 2016

I'm convenced this Pokemon is going to be OU. It stone walls majority of physical attackers, and it dishes out good damage. My Lord this Pokemon.

Roosevelt (Bewear) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Attk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up/ Swords Dance
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Substitute/ Ice Punch
This is gonna be my jam

I'm convenced this Pokemon is going to be OU. It stone walls majority of physical attackers, and it dishes out good damage. My Lord this Pokemon.

Impish Nature
- Bulk Up/ Swords Dance
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Substitute/ Ice Punch
This is gonna be my jam
Firstly, that nickname is amazing. Secondly, if Bewear uses Substitute, won't it be a teddy bear hiding behind another teddy bear?

Can we briefly discuss how great this thing is going to be along side a specially defense clefable cleric? Any of this bear's sets is really well complimented by a heal bell/ wish passer that can eat focus blasts that will destroy Bewear and eat a fair amount of the other special attacks coming its way. There's probably another wall that can compliment these two well to make a proper core, but that's work for a better team builder/ theorist than I.

Impish Nature
- Bulk Up/ Swords Dance
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Substitute/ Ice Punch
This is gonna be my jam
Maybe eventually, but being weak to Psychic and Fairy is going to be a big minus this generation, with Tapu Lele running around etc.

Can we briefly discuss how great this thing is going to be along side a specially defense clefable cleric? Any of this bear's sets is really well complimented by a heal bell/ wish passer that can eat focus blasts that will destroy Bewear and eat a fair amount of the other special attacks coming its way. There's probably another wall that can compliment these two well to make a proper core, but that's work for a better team builder/ theorist than I.
I've been racking my brain on the best partners for this guy. Water/Psychic is a pretty good pairing covering all, but fairy, of Bewears weaknesses, and Bewear can cover their dark/bug weakness easily.

I've been racking my brain on the best partners for this guy. Water/Psychic is a pretty good pairing covering all, but fairy, of Bewears weaknesses, and Bewear can cover their dark/bug weakness easily.
If hug lord is lower like people seem to be assuming then slowking would be a good boosum buddy.

If hug lord is lower like people seem to be assuming then slowking would be a good boosum buddy.
BU/CB Bewear + CM Slowking is a fantastic team. If you add in Grassy or Misty Terrain and you are set. You do need something to check powerful electric terrain so maybe Tapu Grass or Dugtrio?

I can see this thing dropping to UU for shiny new toys in UB. Long term thought it can definitely rise to top threat.

Still one of my favorite mons this gen though I am excited to try out.

I feel like this teddy bear is going to be the dark horse of this gen. Seems largely overlooked compared to all the other new Pokemon this gen, but it really looks like it can put in a ton of work. I'm pretty sure it'll be a tier or two apart from Alolan Persian, but I've been thinking about building a team around them, especially with the Parting Shot buff from Z-Moves. Send in Persian, chip Fake Out damage, parting shot, and now you have a weakened foe for Bewear to take down. If they switch, then they're going to get hit hard by Bewear. Then when it gets low on health, find an opportunity to get Persian in again and fully heal Bewear with Z-Parting Shot.

A-Persian sits at a 115 speed tier, meaning it'll probably get parting shot off on most things not running a scarf. The only downside is that Persian and Bewear share pretty much the same weaknesses, but with 4 other teammates I think it could be a fun team to build around. Definitely going to try to run with this idea once the meta settles a bit after release.

The only physical moves this thing fears are Sky Attack from Hawlucha, and Psycho Cut that no one uses (maybe Gallade), since those will not make contact. Not a fan of strong Gunk Shots either, and really hates Breloom with Spore and Bullet Seed.
And of course, Sacred Fire Entei sends this poke to oblivion, unfortunately (with the added fire weakness and Sacred Fire making no contact).

Otherwise, this thing is really difficult to take out, and i like that.

The only physical moves this thing fears are Sky Attack from Hawlucha, and Psycho Cut that no one uses (maybe Gallade), since those will not make contact. Not a fan of strong Gunk Shots either, and really hates Breloom with Spore and Bullet Seed.
And of course, Sacred Fire Entei sends this poke to oblivion, unfortunately (with the added fire weakness and Sacred Fire making no contact).

Otherwise, this thing is really difficult to take out, and i like that.
don't forget strong close combat users. It is part normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)