[OVERVIEW]

• Powerful revenge Killer
  • Naturally high Attack and Speed Stats
  • Fastest Fake Out + Extreme Speed user in the metagame
  • Can be a threatening late game sweeper
  • Good offensive options that solidify it's niche in the tier
  • Amazing versatility
  • Helps shape the metagame with an amazing scrappy Extreme Speed
  • Being one of the fastest pokemon in the metagame as well as having access to extreme speed allows it to check the vast majority of the metagame.
  • Perfect coverage with it's STABs alone thanks to scrappy.
  • Easily able to threaten most offensive teams
  • Low bulk, Flying and Fairy type weakness
  • Due to Mega Lopunny's usual lack of recovery, it suffers dying to residual damage such as high jump kick missing, abilities such as rough skin and iron barbs and the item called "rocky helmet"

[SET]
Name: Swords Dance
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: Extreme Speed
Move 3: High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
Move 4: Lovely Kiss / Ice Punch
Item: Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Nature: Jolly / Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Extreme Speed is used because with it's +2 Priority and decent 80 Base Power, as well as it's STAB boost allows mega lopunny to revenge weakened pokemon and check set up sweepers.
  • Swords Dance is used to boost Lopunny's Attack to new heights, allowing it to become a threatening late game cleaner.
  • High Jump Kick is Mega Lopunny's Fighting STAB and it's best way to KO the Steel and Rock Types that resist Extreme Speed, meaning that walls like ferrothorn and heatran, and threats like Tyranitar can be forced out, however the downside of losing 50% of your HP when you miss can be very risky. Drain Punch is an alternative to this, giving you pseudo recovery, however it leaves you without a move higher than 80 power.
  • The last slot for Mega Lopunny is a lot more flexible than the others, Lovely Kiss is used because access to semi-reliable sleep gives lopunny more opportunities to set upon offensive or defensive pokemon. Lovely Kiss can also be used to invalidate some of lopunny's checks and counters. Don't try and rely on the move though, 75% accuracy is terrible
  • Ice Punch allows it to deal massive amounts of damage to things like Offensive Flying Types, or bulky pokemon such as Garchomp or Landorus-Therian.
  • Lovely Kiss can be used as an option over fake out, with access to semi-reliable sleep giving lopunny more opportunities to set upon offensive or defensive pokemon. Don't try and rely on the move though, 75% accuracy is terrible.
  • Substitute is an option over Lovely Kiss and Ice Punch, allowing lopunny to dodge status moves such as Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave and Toxic, as well as making Lopunny harder to revenge kill.
  • Thunder Punch is also an option to use, because it allows Lopunny to hit bulky water types such as Gyarados and Slowbro which annoy it a lot.
Set Details
========
  • Maxing out Speed EVs allow Lopunny to outspeed many threats with it's naturally high Speed as well as having 252 EVs in Attack to hit as hard as possible with Lopunny's other rather high stat.
  • Jolly Nature is used to outspeed certain threats as usual, as well as outspeeding choice scarfed base 70's and below.
  • Limber Pre-Mega means that you have immunity to paralysis which can cripple Mega-Lopunny immensely.
  • Adamant Nature can be used to hit even harder than usual, as well as getting key 2hko's on pokemon such as Landorus-T, Quagsire and skarmory after stealth rocks.

Usage Tips
========
  • Send this in on weakened members, mega evolve and revenge kill with scrappy extreme speed.
  • Start using Swords Dance when you expect a King's Shield / Spiky Shield / Protect, or switch ins after you've forced something out.
  • Click Extreme Speed on pokemon that don't resist normal, and High Jump Kick on pokemon that do.
  • If you have it, use Ice Punch on Bulky flying Types, it can get huge chip damage on pokemon such as landorus-therian or gliscor.
  • Don't Send this in on attacks, make sure to get a slow U-turn/Volt switch in or send it in after a pokemon on your team faints.
  • Try to scout for moves that can burn/paralyse Lopunny, as they can cripple lopunny immensely by halving it's fire power and lowering it's speed.
  • If running Fake Out, mega evolve the first switchin you have, if not you're going to have to play this safely, only mega evolve against pokemon slower than you and try threaten it out with super effective moves.

Team Options
========

• Status Absorbers such as Rotom-Heat and Heatran are recommended for lopunny's defensive teammates thanks to their ability to absorb burns for both pokemon, paralysis for rotom-heat and toxic for heatran, statuses like those can harm lopunny'
  • Offensive Teammates like Kyurem-Black , Scizor, Porygon-Z, Sylveon, Terrakion and Thundurus make good partners for Lopunny-M
  • Appreciates teammates that can Lunar Dance it back to full health and PP, such as Latios, a pokemon with really nice offensive synergy with mega lopunny
  • Jirachi makes a nice teammate for it's ability to deal with all of mega lopunny's weaknesses.
  • Magnezone makes a good partner for it's ability to trap and KO skarmory
[SET]
name: Offensive Support
move 1: Fake Out
move 2: Extreme Speed
move 3: High Jump Kick
move 4: Rapid Spin / Encore / Heal Bell / Baton Pass
item: Lopunnite
ability: Limber
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Fake Out is used because of it's ability to give out free damage, as well as help revenge kill threats.
  • Extreme Speed is used as it's main STAB move due to it's +2 Priority and 80 base power making it a prime move for revenge killing.
  • High Jump Kick is used as a main secondary STAB option due to it's high 130 base power, allowing mega lopunny to wallbreak many pokemon, but has to be used with caution, as it deals 50% of Lopunny's HP when it misses, this is key to use over drain punch, because of it's high base power,
  • As said before, Mega Lopunny's last slot is extremely flexible, and due to this set's nature, it's usually a defensive / momentum bringing option such as Rapid Spin, which is used because of Lopunny's ability making it unblockable hazard removal..
  • Another option for the last moveslot is Heal Bell, which makes lopunny a fast cleric with the ability to get rid of crippling statuses.
  • The Final option is baton pass which allows lopunny to gain momentum and switch out to a check / counter for the opponents M-Lop check.
Set Details
========

- 252 Attacks EVs ensures that Lopunny gets more revenge kills that it would miss out on, while 252 Speed EVs ensures that lopunny stays the fastest Fake Out / Extreme Speed user in the metagame, 4 Defense EVs allow Mega lopunny to take a few more neutral hits better, but not by much.
- Adamant Nature allows Mega Lopunny to hit as hard as possible, while Jolly nature ensures it stays as the fastest extreme speed user in the tier.
- Limber Pre-mega allows lopunny to not be paralysed upon switchin, and can use paralysis moves as free switchin opportunities.

Usage Tips
========

- Reccomended to get a slow U-turn / Volt Switch / Baton pass in, usually on weakened pokemon so that lopunny can revenge kill / clear hazards off the field.
- Pre-Mega Lopunny can use paralysis as free switch-in opportunities and use fake out for a free mega evolution turn.
- Stay away from walls you can't 2HKO, as they can stall lopunny out, and lopunny can't break past them due to not having a boosting move.
- Play carefully with Mega Lopunny, as it can be a win condition in a lot of matches.

Team Options
========

- Wallbreakers such as Porygon-Z, Keldeo, Sylveon and ursaring are good teammates for Mega Lopunny as they can break past threats for Mega Lopunny to revenge kill.
- Steel Breakers such as Landorus-Therian, Magnezone and Keldeo are good options for lopunny for their ability to not be forced to play Mind games by King's shield.
- Walls such as slowbro, heatran and ferrothorn are good partners for their ability to handle offensive threats that would otherwise give lopunny a hard time.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

• Encore can be used because of it's ability to trap pokemon into status moves and thenn get an opportunity to set up and sweep.
  • Baton Pass can be used to safely switch out to other pokemon that can handle switch ins better. Also has high PP so it's good for PP stalling.
  • Lovely Kiss is great because it's a semi-reliable sleep move that annoys pokemon and gives lopunny good chances to set up on opponents.
  • Thunder Punch is useful because it allows you to hit pokemon such as slowbro or gyarados hard, getting an extreme amount of chip damage in.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Bulky Flying Types**: Bulky Flying Types such as Landorus-T and Gyarados are able to take a hit from Mega Lopunny and force a switch out by threatening with a STAB Brave Bird / Dragon Ascent

**Mega Scizor** Bulky Mega Scizor can take a high jump kick and threaten to OHKO with Gear Grind, Although it is scared of a +2 High Jump Kick, using bulky Mega Scizor can take a

**Faster pokemon Choice Scarved Pokemon** Pokemon like Choice Scarf Jirachi and Aerodactyl can threaten Lopunny because of their resistance to normal allowing them to take an extreme speed, and their good speed tier allowing them to threaten Lopunny out with Heart Stamp or Brave Bird respectively.

**Fairy Types** Pokemon such as Klefki, Sylveon and Clefable can usually tank an extreme speed and a high jump kick and can OHKO with Moonblast/Boomburst, or Cripple with Thunder Wave, most of them are scared of a +2 Lopunny-M however.

**Physical Walls** Defensive fighting resists such as Slowbro, Mega Venusaur, Celebi and mew are able to stall past Mega Lopunny

Last edited:

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OM room it's required that you use the formatting set out in this post

Also, your overview should be in bullet point form before you get your first two QC checks. Try checking out some other early-stage analyses to get a taste of what they look like!

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM room it's required that you use the formatting set out in this post

Also, your overview should be in bullet point form before you get your first two QC checks. Try checking out some other early-stage analyses to get a taste of what they look like!
Thanks! I'll Update this as soon as I get to a computer, Mobile editing is really finnicky for me.

I knew I did something wrong

EDIT: Implemented.

Last edited:

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lovely Kiss should be one of the first slashes for the last slot imo
See: Filler
lol let's just not in general post one-liners in analyses that are still wip; it clogs up the thread with unnecessary messages. if you have suggestions, you should do it when lopunny is in quality control. and btw 'filler' isn't acceptable in a moveslot; any extra moves not deserving of slashes should be mentioned under moves. thanks

oh yeah and put spaces before and after your moves, just like ev spreads :o

Overview:
  • This is really empty. You don't mention how Lopunny affects the metagame, just listed basic facts. Add things like how Scrappy Extreme Speed is awesome, it's incredibly fast and can set up, etc. There's a lot you leave out about Lopunny. Nothing is really wrong about your Overview now, but it just is so empty and needs to have metagame facts, not Pokemon facts. Also, remove the last bullet. Nobody uses base forme Lopunny, and its base forme isn't a bad base forme to have really, compared to things like Altaria.
Set:
  • Change name of the set to just "Revenge Killer".
  • I don't like this set so far. Make the set order Swords Dance / Fake Out / Extreme Speed / High Jump Kick. Ice Punch can go into Moves, but Drain Punch does not. It's too weak and was only really useful on the Belly Drum set.
  • Adamant is not viable, remove it.
Moves:
  • Remove the second half of the High Jump Kick statement. Something like "Strong, but the recoil if miss makes it sort of risky" is all it really needs.
  • Re-word the Lovely Kiss line. It seems really pessimistic, but it is a very viable option to use over Fake Out and it's also really nice to give a turn to use Swords Dance.
  • Don't mention Healing Wish at all, it's not viable. Use like Latios or something for that.
Set Details:
  • Set Details is pretty much okay, but beef it up a bit and remove the Adamant note.
Usage Tips:
  • It's kind of weirdly worded. Mention when to Mega, when to use Swords Dance, how Mega Lopunny forces things out, etc.
Team Options:
  • Really bare. It appreciates Latios for Lunar Dance and for good synergy and such. This needs a lot more, so please beef it up.
Other Options:
  • That is not how it works. Only mention viable options. Baton Pass, Encore, and Lovely Kiss are the only ones I want in this section. Do mention Thunder Punch to hit Slowbro / Gyarados, which is seeing much more usage.
C & C:
  • What Pokemon in the Fairy-type section? Sylveon, Clefable, etc.
  • Mention specific Pokemon in general.
Overall, this is a good start, OM room, and since it's your first analysis I'm cutting a bit of slack. This still has more work to it, so tag me after you have implemented my comments, and I'll review it again, fix tiny things, and give you the QC 1/3! Also, I'm going to be editing some weird grammar things you did. I assume it was an error, but don't capitalize in the middle of sentences.

unfixable
Lopunny outspeeds any relevant Steel/Rock types with Adamant besides Aerodactyl. Why Jolly?
I guess you could, but why would you want to? What does Adamant hit harder than Jolly? Jolly lets you outspeed some Scarvers (I forgot the number) for whatever that's worth. I guess Adamant / Jolly really doesn't matter, but I still prefer Jolly.

baconbagon

free stabmons
I guess you could, but why would you want to? What does Adamant hit harder than Jolly? Jolly lets you outspeed some Scarvers (I forgot the number) for whatever that's worth. I guess Adamant / Jolly really doesn't matter, but I still prefer Jolly.
Adamant hits so hard

252+ Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 324-384 (92 - 109%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 296-350 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 88-104 (27.5 - 32.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 195-229 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 177-208 (44.9 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 642-756 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 582-686 (90.6 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

I just prefer it for overall power, and find that access to Extreme Speed deals with Torn, Weavile, and whatever else you're missing out on

edit: OM room if you see this, please add [QC: x/3] to your thread title so we know when you're ready for checks. Thanks

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
Tagging unfixable to help fix things up and do the QC I guess.
Totally not because I can't make things longer for my life

baconbagon

free stabmons
Hi so I'm going to give this QC 2, but the team has decided that the analysis should be expanded to two sets.

name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 3: Drain Punch / High Jump Kick
move 4: Lovely Kiss / Ice Punch
nature: Adamant / Jolly

extra moves should contain Substitute, Thunder Punch, etc.

name: Offensive Support
move 1: Fake Out
move 3: High Jump Kick
move 4: Rapid Spin
nature: Jolly / Adamant

'support' being a blanket term for revenge killing, wallbreaking, hazard removal, and curing status. Slash other stuff like Toxic, Baton Pass, or Encore in the last slot; it's your choice.

I'm making this change because I feel a single set isn't enough to show Mega Lopunny's versatility in the meta. I also don't like running Fake Out and Swords Dance on the same set, as it makes it sorta cramped and awkward. So OM room sorry about the extra work, but you're going to have to expand the analysis before I can check it. Good luck!

baconbagon

free stabmons
In general, please try to follow the Spelling and Grammar Standards as closely as possible, which includes removing random capitals and using correct forme names. Also, please check the Analysis Formatting Guide again, because you've randomly added in capitals and excess spacing.
Overview
- Solidify this into positives and negatives
- Your ninth and eleventh points are exactly the same
- Mention how incredibly it performs versus offensive teams, as they have little for a +2 Extreme Speed
- Talk about how defensive Fighting resists can often stop it
- Mention how easily it's worn down through entry hazards, High Jump Kick failing, and Rough Skin, Rocky Helmet, or Iron Barbs damage

Set 1
Moves
- As mentioned above, please follow the Analysis Formatting Guide so you actually have the correct lines capitalised.
- Reorder the move details so they match the order on the set
- Separate High Jump Kick and Drain Punch into two bullet points, and mention their perfect coverage with Extreme Speed
- 'Pseudo-recovery' isn't very helpful. Mention that Drain Punch recovery allows Mega Lopunny to survive more uses of Fake Out or more priority from Rock- and Steel-types instead
- Lovely Kiss's accuracy is not terrible. Fake Out is also no longer on the set. Mention how Lovely Kiss gives opportunities for Mega Lopunny to use Swords Dance, its main use
- Don't say 'over Lovely Kiss and Ice Punch', just use 'in the last slot' instead
- Why does Substitute help with revenge killing? Mention dodging Fake Out flinches and Imposter Ditto
- Mention that Thunder Punch still doesn't do a lot of damage to Slowbro and Mega Slowbro

Set Details
- Do not mention the 4 Def EVs
- What specific Pokemon does Limber help against? Add them
- Add actual relevant Choice Scarf users, such as Tyranitar and Magnezone
- A 2HKO on Thundurus is really not a benchmark for Adamant vs Jolly Mega Lopunny. Change this to key 2HKOes on Quagsire and Skarmory with High Jump Kick, the latter requiring Stealth Rock damage

Usage Tips
- What's a weakened 'member'
- Using Ice Punch on bulky Flying-types is a given; could you actually specify when this is used? For example, Ice Punch heavily chips Landorus-T on the switch-in
- Do not mention Fake Out

Team Options
- This section in general is really unhelpful for a player and lacking in almost all detail. I'll reply to it line-by-line
Status Absorbers Such as Rotom-Heat and Heatran are recommended for lopunny's defensive teammates
Why? What statuses do they absorb? Mention taking on Flying-types too
Bulky pokemon like Heatran, Jirachi or Ferrothorn as they resist most of Lopunny's weaknesses.
Heatran and Ferrothorn are also weak to Fighting and don't even offer offensive synergy. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
Offensive Teammates like Kyurem-Black , Scizor, Porygon-Z, Sylveon, Terrakion and Thundurus make good partners for Lopunny-M
Aside from the fact that you've gotten your forme names wrong, this is also exceptionally vague. Why are they good partners? What threats to Mega Lopunny do they break past? Why do they share offensive synergy? Talk about Scizor and Terrakion chipping physical walls such as Landorus-T, Dragon Dance Kyurem-B beating bulky Ground-types and threatening opposing bulkier teams, and the special attackers KOing bulky physical walls easily.
Appreciates teammates that can Lunar Dance it back to full health and PP, such as Latios, a pokemon with really nice offensive synergy with mega lopunny
Jirachi makes a nice teammate for it's ability to deal with all of mega lopunny's weaknesses.
You could describe this as Latios and Jirachi offering Wish or Lunar Dance support to keep Mega Lopunny healthy, while dealing with Fighting-types.
Steel breakers such as Magnezone and Landorus-T are good partners for their ability to deal with king's shield users which annoy Mega Lopunny immensely, as well as being forced to play carefully lest you lose Lopunny to a technical high jump kick miss.
'Steel breakers'? Mention Magnezone trapping and KOing Skarmory. Ferrothorn and Heatran aren't even big threats to Mega Lopunny, as King's Shield can be played around.

Set 2
Moves
- Keep the last slot to three slashes. Rapid Spin / Heal Bell / Baton Pass should be enough, as defensive teams that dislike Encore aren't very common and aren't what this set should be aiming to take on
- Mention Fake Out + Extreme Speed actually working together to provide a virtual 120 Base Power priority attack as well as revenge killing Ghost-types thanks to Scrappy
- Mention High Jump Kick being essential over Drain Punch over this set, as it lacks power
- Encore also isn't great on a set without Substitute. Put it in Other Options instead

Set Details
- Once again, get rid of the 4 Defense EVs. There is absolutely no reason to mention them
- Mention the KOs that Mega Lopunny obtains with Adamant versus Jolly again, as well as what Adamant is outsped by (Jolly Aerodactyl, Tornadus-T)
- What Thunder Wave users does Limber allow Mega Lopunny to switch in on?

Usage Tips
- Please mention Fake Out + Extreme Speed revenge killing an extraordinary amount of Pokemon, this set's main draw
- This set is hardly a wincon compared to the Swords Dance set.
- Mention predicted uses of King's Shield being free turns for Mega Lopunny to use its utility move
- Mention using Baton Pass to switch out of counters and gain momentum on predicted switches
- Describe avoiding use of Fake Out when Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet, and Rough Skin users are switching in

Team Options
- Once again, I'd like you to sharply expand on this section so it actually becomes helpful during teambuilding
- Why does it pair well with strong wallbreakers? Mention luring in defensive Pokemon
- Why are these walls good? Mention the ability to take on opposing Choice Scarf users, and add Rotom-W for additional Volt Switch support
- This section is incredibly sparse. Mention many more teammates, such as the above Wish or Lunar Dance users.

Other Options
- As noted above, fix up the spacing here so it's prepared for upload
- Uh other than Baton Pass, all the moves here have been mentioned above. The whole idea of the Other Options section is to add what isn't on the above sets. Mention sets or moves like Swords Dance + Baton Pass, Toxic, or Substitute + Encore here instead.

Checks and Counters
- Skarmory under bulky Flying-types, mention actual Intimidate
- Bulky Mega Scizor can tank a +2 High Jump Kick
- Change the point title to 'Faster Pokemon and Choice Scarf users that resist Normal'. Choice Scarf Jirachi and Choice Scarf Terrakion should be here. Jolly Aerodactyl only beats Adamant Mega Lopunny. Sand Rush Excadrill can go here too.
- Expand Mega Slowbro and Slowbro to Physical Walls. Mostly, Fighting resists such as Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Mew, and Celebi can go here.
- Expand Heatran and Ferrothorn to residual damage. High Jump Kick recoil, Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, and Iron Barbs can go here.

I'm cutting you some slack; I'd reject this analysis under normal circumstances.

QC 1/3

edit: we'll like you more if you're patient with waiting for checks. we have busy irl lives too

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
In general, please try to follow the Spelling and Grammar Standards as closely as possible, which includes removing random capitals and using correct forme names. Also, please check the Analysis Formatting Guide again, because you've randomly added in capitals and excess spacing.
Overview
- Solidify this into positives and negatives
- Your ninth and eleventh points are exactly the same
- Mention how incredibly it performs versus offensive teams, as they have little for a +2 Extreme Speed
- Talk about how defensive Fighting resists can often stop it
- Mention how easily it's worn down through entry hazards, High Jump Kick failing, and Rough Skin, Rocky Helmet, or Iron Barbs damage

Set 1
Moves
- As mentioned above, please follow the Analysis Formatting Guide so you actually have the correct lines capitalised.
- Reorder the move details so they match the order on the set
- Separate High Jump Kick and Drain Punch into two bullet points, and mention their perfect coverage with Extreme Speed
- 'Pseudo-recovery' isn't very helpful. Mention that Drain Punch recovery allows Mega Lopunny to survive more uses of Fake Out or more priority from Rock- and Steel-types instead
- Lovely Kiss's accuracy is not terrible. Fake Out is also no longer on the set. Mention how Lovely Kiss gives opportunities for Mega Lopunny to use Swords Dance, its main use
- Don't say 'over Lovely Kiss and Ice Punch', just use 'in the last slot' instead
- Why does Substitute help with revenge killing? Mention dodging Fake Out flinches and Imposter Ditto
- Mention that Thunder Punch still doesn't do a lot of damage to Slowbro and Mega Slowbro

Set Details
- Do not mention the 4 Def EVs
- What specific Pokemon does Limber help against? Add them
- Add actual relevant Choice Scarf users, such as Tyranitar and Magnezone
- A 2HKO on Thundurus is really not a benchmark for Adamant vs Jolly Mega Lopunny. Change this to key 2HKOes on Quagsire and Skarmory with High Jump Kick, the latter requiring Stealth Rock damage

Usage Tips
- What's a weakened 'member'
- Using Ice Punch on bulky Flying-types is a given; could you actually specify when this is used? For example, Ice Punch heavily chips Landorus-T on the switch-in
- Do not mention Fake Out

Team Options
- This section in general is really unhelpful for a player and lacking in almost all detail. I'll reply to it line-by-line
Why? What statuses do they absorb? Mention taking on Flying-types too
Heatran and Ferrothorn are also weak to Fighting and don't even offer offensive synergy. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
Aside from the fact that you've gotten your forme names wrong, this is also exceptionally vague. Why are they good partners? What threats to Mega Lopunny do they break past? Why do they share offensive synergy? Talk about Scizor and Terrakion chipping physical walls such as Landorus-T, Dragon Dance Kyurem-B beating bulky Ground-types and threatening opposing bulkier teams, and the special attackers KOing bulky physical walls easily.
You could describe this as Latios and Jirachi offering Wish or Lunar Dance support to keep Mega Lopunny healthy, while dealing with Fighting-types.
'Steel breakers'? Mention Magnezone trapping and KOing Skarmory. Ferrothorn and Heatran aren't even big threats to Mega Lopunny, as King's Shield can be played around.

Set 2
Moves
- Keep the last slot to three slashes. Rapid Spin / Heal Bell / Baton Pass should be enough, as defensive teams that dislike Encore aren't very common and aren't what this set should be aiming to take on
- Mention Fake Out + Extreme Speed actually working together to provide a virtual 120 Base Power priority attack as well as revenge killing Ghost-types thanks to Scrappy
- Mention High Jump Kick being essential over Drain Punch over this set, as it lacks power
- Encore also isn't great on a set without Substitute. Put it in Other Options instead

Set Details
- Once again, get rid of the 4 Defense EVs. There is absolutely no reason to mention them
- Mention the KOs that Mega Lopunny obtains with Adamant versus Jolly again, as well as what Adamant is outsped by (Jolly Aerodactyl, Tornadus-T)
- What Thunder Wave users does Limber allow Mega Lopunny to switch in on?

Usage Tips
- Please mention Fake Out + Extreme Speed revenge killing an extraordinary amount of Pokemon, this set's main draw
- This set is hardly a wincon compared to the Swords Dance set.
- Mention predicted uses of King's Shield being free turns for Mega Lopunny to use its utility move
- Mention using Baton Pass to switch out of counters and gain momentum on predicted switches
- Describe avoiding use of Fake Out when Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet, and Rough Skin users are switching in

Team Options
- Once again, I'd like you to sharply expand on this section so it actually becomes helpful during teambuilding
- Why does it pair well with strong wallbreakers? Mention luring in defensive Pokemon
- Why are these walls good? Mention the ability to take on opposing Choice Scarf users, and add Rotom-W for additional Volt Switch support
- This section is incredibly sparse. Mention many more teammates, such as the above Wish or Lunar Dance users.

Other Options
- As noted above, fix up the spacing here so it's prepared for upload
- Uh other than Baton Pass, all the moves here have been mentioned above. The whole idea of the Other Options section is to add what isn't on the above sets. Mention sets or moves like Swords Dance + Baton Pass, Toxic, or Substitute + Encore here instead.

Checks and Counters
- Skarmory under bulky Flying-types, mention actual Intimidate
- Bulky Mega Scizor can tank a +2 High Jump Kick
- Change the point title to 'Faster Pokemon and Choice Scarf users that resist Normal'. Choice Scarf Jirachi and Choice Scarf Terrakion should be here. Jolly Aerodactyl only beats Adamant Mega Lopunny. Sand Rush Excadrill can go here too.
- Expand Mega Slowbro and Slowbro to Physical Walls. Mostly, Fighting resists such as Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Mew, and Celebi can go here.
- Expand Heatran and Ferrothorn to residual damage. High Jump Kick recoil, Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, and Iron Barbs can go here.

I'm cutting you some slack; I'd reject this analysis under normal circumstances.

QC 1/3
Finally something to do :s Will update the post once the check / complete fix up is implemented.

edit: sorry ;;

Last edited:
Let's wait until the suspect warnings are over, and see where to go from there. It'd be a shame to waste effort for an ultimately useless analysis. Thanks for understanding! :)

At the very least you should give healing wish a mention in oo, the move is absolutely insane and the best move in the game no question, if there is a viable pokemon that learns healing wish/lunar dance it should be mentioned somewhere on its analysis imo. Yes lopunny has better things to do but it still is a solid option. I also really really dislike having heal bell on such an offensive pokemon, like you lose so much momentum by heal belling on a pokemon's switch in to the point of which it isn't worth it. Mention a mixed set with blizzard that lures in lando t garchomp and gliscor really really really well like it only does that but it is so effective at doing that. I also feel like you're underselling how much this thing just destroys offensive teams even though it's not written up yet. Like this thing pretty much autowins vs offense it's that good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)