Songs that make you cry...

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Come on guys, I know I'm not the only one here who has heard a song that made them crack. I've been listening to Christmas music all month, and there was one song I heard that really touched me deep inside (this sounds so gay...but seriously, I'm not kidding) and I just couldn't control myself. The song is called "The Christmas Shoes". If you'd like to listen to it, I posted the link below. So, what about you guys??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpkI7GW2V34

On a more positive note, here's another song about shoes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA

Alice in Chains - Down in a Hole

When I have been really down, this song just gets to me. Honorable mention goes to another Alice in Chains song that is called Nutshell.

i dont think a song has ever made me cry, but the few that have made me come close
Devin Gundry's 'armed'
David Bowie's 'space oddity'

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
The only song that has ever made me cry was 'The Letter' from Billy Elliot. In it, you get Billy singing the words of the letter written by his dead mother, only to be joined by her singing at the end, in a duet. I lost my mother at a similar age, and it really gets me.

Once in my life, one song.

Marco Borsato - Opa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMS5Ulj7vT0

The song is from 1992.

Marco Borsato is a Dutch-Italian singer, very popular in the Netherlands. He sings a lot of emotional, "cry-able" songs. For example "Afscheid nemen bestaat niet", which makes a lot of people cry. It is often used for burials. "Afscheid nemen bestaat" niet was #1 in the Dutch Top 40 for 8 weeks. Borsato also holds the record, "Dromen zijn bedrog", for 12 weeks #1. Marco Borsato also does volunteer work for War Child. In 2008, he had the lead role in a movie about child soldiers, all money made went to War Child.

The singer sings about his grandfather, and things he remembered from his youth, together with his grandpa.

When I heard the song on the radio, which was three years ago, my grandfather was in hospital, two days later my grandfather would have a dangerous surgery. I was afraid and 99% sure he'd die. Then this song made me cry harder (from the day I knew my grandpa would get the surgery, I cried all day, I even got punished at school for crying all day).

On that day, the phone ranged and I was crying, expecting a phone about the surgery going wrong. But it was my grandma, calling the surgery succeeded. He's still alive now, and he's very healthy. He's 78 years old now.

No songs have ever managed to make me cry, although plenty of them have given me shivers before, mainly:

Anathema - One Last Goodbye
dedicated to Helen Cavanagh (1949-1998), mother of the Cavanagh brothers from the band...
haven't heard this much emotion in any other song before. the last chorus and the guitar solo after it is just unbelievable. it must be really painful for them to play this song live

Dream Theater - The Spirit Carries On (Score version)
their best performance of the song. the atmosphere, and the guitar solo at the end... (although I no longer even really listen to DT at all anymore)

Blackfield - Some Day (there's no vid with the album version)
from "no one cares about that fucking pretty face you have, it means nothing much this life, so find the highest cliff and dive" onwards, especially the guitar solo after the last chorus. the album version is much better but oh well. pretty much most Blackfield songs can give me shivers for that matter, as most of them are as melancholic as they can get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)