Smogon University PO Statistics — April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect coverage but it cant get past gliscor and Quagsire which i will use anyday just to beat many offensive threats other than Dory.

Off paper dory is nothing special lately. its kinda mediocre TBH. And if they dont have Ttar, yeah don will replace him LIKE WHAT WE DO BACK IN ROUND 1 WHERE SOME OF US ACTUALY THINK TTAR COULD BE UU. but i think it wont be same deal with tas. Tas is so easy to kill in comparison(outside of Evo stone yeah) and not as useful as don.

Rated BW Uber Usage Stats
| 18 | Chansey | 1614 | 7.2474 |
| 21 | Blissey | 1567 | 7.0364 |

How the heck did this happen?
Evolite. Chansey is actually better at taking hits than blissey now. The leftovers recovery makes blissey more bulky over several turns, but in Ubers Chansey's ability to survive ridiculously powerful attacks is more helpful. Additionally, Blissey's higher special attack isn't very useful in Ubers.

Yeah, it's funny really, how the pre-evo performs better than its evolution in a stronger metagame, yet worse in a weaker one.

A bit like in Gen IV, Porygon2 was widely considered better in OU, but Porygon-Z was considered better in UU.

More people should use Deoxys-S, I use a LO sweeper version and its always my MVP. People expect a supporter and always send in Pokemon that get destroyed by its great coverage.

More people should use Deoxys-S, I use a LO sweeper version and its always my MVP. People expect a supporter and always send in Pokemon that get destroyed by its great coverage.
I am always very careful of Deo for that exact reason. Having said that, it probably hasn't got much usage because frail pokemon are a lot less useful in gen 5.

| 30 | Chandelure | 3960 | 5.6764 |

I feel like I accomplished something :3

So many people saying Chandy sucked ass, and now look at this....take that! >:D

*waves arms*

And ttar, the second most used poke, punishes chandelure so badly it's not even funny. It not only can't really do anything, it dies if it tries to run.
I actually used Chandelure to KILL T-tars >.>
EVERYONE switched T-tar in as soon as they saw Chandelure, so I just 2HKO'd them with HP Fighting, ridding me of the Rock Dinosaur.

Btw, ShuffleMon + Paralyze + Specs Chandelure = Fun :P

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Rain and Sun don't cause residual damage compared to Sandstorm which is pretty ubiquitous in OU. Also, in Ubers, Chansey/Blissey serve as more of a Draco Meteor/Special sponge than actually stalling pokes out, so blubbering the hits is more important than recovering from them

Chansey's problem is that though she's bulky, she's more predictable than rainbow sprinkles at a gay bakesale, and with them being so common, I'm having a bit of a field day to be honest.
I always have more problems taking down a Blissey than her equally rotund daughter, because I approach Bliss much more tentatively - never quite sure what attack it'll be packing.
Wonder if both will be OU, or Chansey'll retreat back to UU in the long run.

Unrelated to my above musing, but it's on my mind - what threshold determines what becomes OU, again? The number I had on my mind was everything above or equal to 53 in usage - izzat right?

No, it's a percentage of usage (something like 3.35%). It's a pokemon that appears more often than not at least once on 20 teams.
Interestingly enough, the first Pokémon with over 3.35% usage IS 53rd on the list, so in this instance we're both right!
Cheers for clearing that up, though.

Chansey's problem is that though she's bulky, she's more predictable than rainbow sprinkles at a gay bakesale, and with them being so common, I'm having a bit of a field day to be honest.
I always have more problems taking down a Blissey than her equally rotund daughter, because I approach Bliss much more tentatively - never quite sure what attack it'll be packing.
Wonder if both will be OU, or Chansey'll retreat back to UU in the long run.

Unrelated to my above musing, but it's on my mind - what threshold determines what becomes OU, again? The number I had on my mind was everything above or equal to 53 in usage - izzat right?
I am so sigging that bolded part.

EDIT: Apparently I'm not. It says bb code quote is not allowed, even though my current sig contains TWO quotes. What's that about?

garchomp with even more usage
i guess sd+sub with the most usage?
Perhaps. I feel the urge to throw Garchomp onto every team I make, just because he's that good.

Anyways, this reminds me that we should/could be getting in-depth statistics for May's usage stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)