Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Hi so I'm dumb and forgot my password for my suspect alt and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I have proof that its mine in case you need it. The account is "Gogat Cart Rider" Thanks!

Ok so I've found an analysis that's a little out of date that I want to bring to the attention of whoever runs that, but I want to know where I do that and if I have the proper authority (do I need to have a high enough COIL rating of whatever).

Recently, I have seen many people have animated pictures of pokemon (Gifs) in their threads and i was wondering how to insert them into my own posts. I tried clicking on the image button and then typing (http://dex/media/sprites/xy/darkrai.gif) this into the pop-up box which asks for the image address. However, whilst checking 'Preview' it kept showing up as a Document type thing and . I had hoped it would be fixed when I posted it at the end, but I had no such luck and it remained the same.

Could anyone one tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks and much appreciated,
DanBeta55.

Recently, I have seen many people have animated pictures of pokemon (Gifs) in their threads and i was wondering how to insert them into my own posts. I tried clicking on the image button and then typing (http://dex/media/sprites/xy/darkrai.gif) this into the pop-up box which asks for the image address. However, whilst checking 'Preview' it kept showing up as a Document type thing and . I had hoped it would be fixed when I posted it at the end, but I had no such luck and it remained the same.

DanBeta55.
use
[IMG ]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/[ /IMG]
But without the spaces in the tag, and with the Pokemon name after the slash. You can usually just cp the pic in as well. This image tag works for sites other that xyani, but that's the most used one.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

DanBeta55.
I'm pretty sure you're just typing the url wrong, you need the www.smogon.com bit at the start:

ie [IMG]http://www.smogon.com/dex/media/sprites/xy/darkrai.gif[/IMG]
will show as

e: Ninja'd

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Do I have to type the IMG manually or do I just click on the Image Button?
You can copy and paste the image, you can insert the image by clicking on the image button and then inputting the image link, or you could use bbcode to insert it. The first way is probably the most easiest way.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How do i put a sig in my posts?
  1. Hover your mouse over your username in the top right corner of the page (next to inbox and alerts).
  2. Click on "Signature", right under "Personal details".
  3. Fill in the information that you want to want to share with the community and proceed to click "Save changes" once you're satisfied with your result.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
22:59<Bummer> what's the limit of our signatures again? I have difficulties finding that info
23:04<Bummer> guuuyyyyyssss

someone requested a banner for everyone to use, and it's hard to design one since I need to know which dimensions I need to stick within.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Greetings fellow Smogon users,

Since my university semester recently ended and since I have much more time on my hands again, I figured I might as well use my free time to contribute to the site.
I'm however not sure yet where exactly I should post this, let alone if there is any use for this.
I'm a language student that currently speaks 5 languages, Luxemburgish, German, French, English and I'm currently also learning Spanish.
I was wondering if maybe the Smogon writers could need the help of a translator of some sort. I could for example help users from different languages overcome language barriers.
Furthermore, while I am able to work independently, I am also able to work together with a team.
I'm not really sure where to apply for this or who might be the right person to contact about this, but if anyone could point me towards the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Edit: I'm now a member of the French translations team. Thank you.

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
22:59<Bummer> what's the limit of our signatures again? I have difficulties finding that info
23:04<Bummer> guuuyyyyyssss

someone requested a banner for everyone to use, and it's hard to design one since I need to know which dimensions I need to stick within.
I make quite a few banners for various events and I make them no bigger than 110px in height and maybe around 600px in width. The width has more to do with the size of an individual's browser window than the limitations of smogon, so you could probably go as big as 900px in width if you really want to (900px fits into my browser pretty well, but idk about other browsers or computers). I think the forums cut off signatures any larger than 110px in height, so definitely don't go any taller than that. I typically aim for 90px or less so they can fit some text above or below the banner as well.

EDIT: The post below this one corrected the height I mentioned. It cuts off at 120px in height.

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Is there a way to post pictures that are from your device's camera? I can only seem to be able to post a picture from a url.
You can do that by clicking the "Upload a File" button. It should be next to the "Post Reply" button underneath the box where you type the text of a post.

I have a question about game mechanics. How exactly does Prankster react with Mega Evolution? I Mega-Evolve my Sableye and use Will-O-Wisp on the same turn against a faster Pokemon, but Sableye's Will-O-Wisp foes first even its ability is supposedly Magic Bounce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)