Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

How to beat Stallbreakers that destroyed Stall?
I have seen always much information that destroy STALL, and in OU is difficult to use because of the number of Stallbreakers and Wallbreakers. Could soneone post a thread about stallbreakers and the way to lead with them? or just paste from another place, because i dont find it anywhere. Thanks for the help :) :)

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
How to beat Stallbreakers that destroyed Stall?
I have seen always much information that destroy STALL, and in OU is difficult to use because of the number of Stallbreakers and Wallbreakers. Could soneone post a thread about stallbreakers and the way to lead with them? or just paste from another place, because i dont find it anywhere. Thanks for the help :) :)
I can't answer your question but you're best off asking in the OU SQSA thread here.

wheres the place to post if u peak without using a specific team so it doesnt fit in rmt or does it stay unnoticed. lol doing rly good on an account rn seeing if i can get higher and i wanna know where to share it

I wanted to point out an inconsistency in the Strategy Dex on the Smogon site, which may confuse new players.

In the section Play Restrictions under OU under Formats it says
Players cannot use Pokémon from the Uber tier.
[...]
Players cannot use the following items:
However, in the Play Restrictions of UU, RU and NU it simply says
Players cannot use Pokémon designated Uber, OU, BL, UU, BL2,RU, or BL3 (this one is from NU obviously)

So the inconsistency is that in OU the banned mega stones are mentioned explicitly, while in UU, RU and NU they are not (PU still uses the gen 6 format and looks different on multiple levels). Since Mega Gengar and co. are Uber, them not being allowed is already captured in the sentence "Players cannot use Pokémon from the Uber tier.", so there is no need to mention them separately. And if you want to do it, because people might not understand that a mega evolution can be tiered differently, then you should do it in all formats.

BTW, this problem is also present on the gen 6 part of the strategy dex to a much worse degree (for example on the UU section there is an arbitrary subset of the mega stones you are not allowed to use, since for example Mawilite is missing, while in the NU section Mawilite is mentioned), so maybe that should be fixed as well.

When I searched up "Smogon" because I have heard of it before, I clicked on the link to Smogon and it said that it was a "university" yet you allow 13 year old and older. Is this really a university? Do I need a scholarship to be here? If this in not a university, why do you call it that?
Its not a university in the vernacular sense, but it is in the definitional sense: "an educational institution designed for instruction, examination, or both, of students in many branches of advanced learning." Specifically, it is a pokemon battling university. You dont need a scholarship, the website has paid ads. Its called a university becaus eit technically is one and the name sounds good.

Idk where to post this, so here goes

In game, there is no difference between male and female scythers wing colors, but on the showdown sprites, the females have blue wings and the males have the regular color. Is that intentional?
Also, did the hide tag thing change from show/hide to open/close?

Last edited:

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Idk where to post this, so here goes

In game, there is no difference between male and female scythers wing colors, but on the showdown sprites, the females have blue wings and the males have the regular color. Is that intentional?
It's not intentional. See-through parts like Scyther's wings can make model translation to sprites quite difficult, like you can see on the Female Scyther's wings that it's the color of the background of the Pokedex in X/Y/OR/AS/S/M, while the Male Scyther's model was most likely translated at an earlier point where the model translation process was different.

It's more clear to see that the Pokedex background is somewhat visible in the see-through part of Pheromosa's sprite, for example.

Hide tags with names will show as Open/Close, while hide tags without names will show as Show/Hide.

I can't change my avatar for some reason. My "avatar" option isn't on the dropdown menu and if I try to change it directly from my profile page I get a permission error. See here and here. I'm guessing this has something do to with the name change I've had recently, but I can't be sure.
Anyways, who should I pm to get this fixed?

I can't change my avatar for some reason. My "avatar" option isn't on the dropdown menu and if I try to change it directly from my profile page I get a permission error. See here and here. I'm guessing this has something do to with the name change I've had recently, but I can't be sure.
Anyways, who should I pm to get this fixed?
Youre profile gets locked so that the Custom Title can't be removed. Any super mod can fix it, but I'd avise contacting the one that made your namechange; since you arent a badgeholder and cant change your ct, it shouldnt matter. Otherwise, just wait until you can get the "formerly corrin" removed and get it unlocked then.

Youre profile gets locked so that the Custom Title can't be removed. Any super mod can fix it, but I'd avise contacting the one that made your namechange; since you arent a badgeholder and cant change your ct, it shouldnt matter. Otherwise, just wait until you can get the "formerly corrin" removed and get it unlocked then.
Ahh, makes sense. I'll just wait it out then, thanks!

question about formats:
The battles on wifi are 6v6, all mons above are downscaled to lvl 50. Is there a format like this? What is the closest?
I tried OU, but it doesnt downscale, so it doesnt allow me to use final evos that evolve after 50, if I set the levels to 50.
Possibly wrong place to ask this, but the closest I found.

In OU you can use evos that evolve after lv 50 cause ou is at lv 100. The closest things i know of to wifi are OU, which is 6v6, but has some differecns, such as being lv100, and battle spot singles, which is also on wifi, but is only 3v3

In which case, why isnt the "main" wifi battling format, 6v6 downscaled to lvl50, available on showdown, I dare ask.

I don't know why Smogon doesn't have it, but if I'm not mistaken Game Freak considers Battle Spot Singles, battle spot doubles, and VGC to be official, and mainly just ignore 6v6 wifi. Since battle spot and vgc are considered officialy by game freak, they are included. Cant offer much more of an answer than that

That is still the most detailed answer I have heard, and I thank you for it.
Can we hope for them to implement it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)