Smogon Premier League VIII - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
I wasnt originally gonna reply cause its not really worth my time as I dont care about this game or community nearly as much as you do to gather replays in order to shit talk others or wathever else you do with your free time, but theres no way this is going without a propper answer. Fist of all I didnt insult you on my predictions or directly, all I said was a small response to your massive shit talking to me and my friends (wich was posted by Genesis) last EPL, so you have no reason to call me out or anythig. Secondly ive been playing for 1 year so its to be expected that i dont get on teams right away, on the other hand uve been on Smogon for 8 fucking years and had to wait like 5 to get on SPL, and you would think a player with a 8 year expirience would a least be mature and accept losses right? Nah dude still complains every game about hax. Finally, if u think ur so important that im "riding on ur nuts" (eww lol) just letting you know that you are not: most people see you as nothing but a salty avarage player who talks shit to everyone so he can feel superior when hes clearly not; grow up, seriously. Also yea i do hide my rooms cause its literally a smarter version of your stupid emojis that you put on ur name so people cant scout replays.
My post was literally about you and you only, not your friends. You can bring up the old "I've been here for x amount of years" or "you'll always be a salty tryhard," but the fact of the matter is that I've heard it all already and it barely phazes me anymore. What is just sad is that you claim u don't care about this game yet do what tour players do which is to hide replays for scout prevention... but yet no one is ever gonna scout you cuz you don't play in any important tours. As for EPL, that was more directed toward some idiot that was trying to provoke me after I lost a game due to hax and it developed with me having to end half of the BR players careers with a single post. I think it's more of the fact that I've actually spoken the truth in that post and it has pissed all u BRs off. Well shit, why don't u retards do something about it and start trying to play in tours like this one instead talking shit? If you want to see me as some old salty player, then fine be my guess, the point is don't you fucking dare try calling me out on my own shit when you developed more flaws than any other player on the site. Lmao talking about maturity and this man is upset cuz of a post I made like 6 months ago... whatever kid, stick to making predictions in tours u won't play in.

Lusa

is the Smogon Tour Season 31 Champion
World Defender
If uve heard it already that means its the truth so you should do something about it, cause being a good user is way better than being a good player (wich your not either funnily enough). Also keep talking shit about my low tour experience cause I couldnt care less, ive accomplished in 1 year something you will never even come close to understanding: respect. This ends here, peace.

My post was literally about you and you only, not your friends. You can bring up the old "I've been here for x amount of years" or "you'll always be a salty tryhard," but the fact of the matter is that I've heard it all already and it barely phazes me anymore. What is just sad is that you claim u don't care about this game yet do what tour players do which is to hide replays for scout prevention... but yet no one is ever gonna scout you cuz you don't play in any important tours. As for EPL, that was more directed toward some idiot that was trying to provoke me after I lost a game due to hax and it developed with me having to end half of the BR players careers with a single post. I think it's more of the fact that I've actually spoken the truth in that post and it has pissed all u BRs off. Well shit, why don't u retards do something about it and start trying to play in tours like this one instead talking shit? If you want to see me as some old salty player, then fine be my guess, the point is don't you fucking dare try calling me out on my own shit when you developed more flaws than any other player on the site. Lmao talking about maturity and this man is upset cuz of a post I made like 6 months ago... whatever kid, stick to making predictions in tours u won't play in.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-259457

after that brazilian buttfuck pdc suffered it would be really unfair to not recreate outrages match.

It sucks to go out thanks to bad luck and bad internet, both of which are not the players fault, after spending over then 9 weeks on this tour this would be really disappointing, i hope the TD's make this decision in fair conscience.

after that brazilian buttfuck pdc suffered it would be really unfair to not recreate outrages match.

It sucks to go out thanks to bad luck and bad internet, both of which are not the players fault, after spending over then 9 weeks on this tour this would be really disappointing, i hope the TD's make this decision in fair conscience.
mhm...objectively, you were luckier in this series but ok.
regardless, no one knows who you are or cares about your meaningless opinion so.

In what position are you to call yourself a good player lol you've been benched the whole season because you're utter trash and the only time you've been released was vs someone you couldn't realistically beat in 20 years and proceeded to rob the win by playing like a retard and haxing on top of that, just accept the defeat and move on things don't always go your way.

Deleting your post doesn't make u look less of a retard Vubon

if u knew about good players who are little known then perhaps the classiest would've picked up a win.
Yeah, you must be a really good player. That must be why your team only played you for one week during the season, and why you had to hax my friend ice tea to even get one measly win. That also explains why the Ruiners didn't trade their back-up Ubers player to acquire you at midseason, choosing instead to merely scoff at your pitiful offer as you groveled on the floor like a dog. I also hear that sending tryhard pms detailing your extensive Pokemon resume, which includes playing in the illustrious POWC, is a mark of a good player. Maybe one day, you'll be good enough to achieve a fraction of what I've accomplished on this site, but until then, don't even try to act like you're remotely relevant outside of your remarkable ability to make seemingly the entire LC community despise you. Oh, and we may not have picked up a win, but my team still managed to be good enough to end your season :)

In what position are you to call yourself a good player lol you've been benched the whole season because you're utter trash and the only time you've been released was vs someone you couldn't realistically beat in 20 years and proceeded to rob the win by playing like a retard and haxing on top of that, just accept the defeat and move on things don't always go your way.

Deleting your post doesn't make u look less of a retard Vubon
i tried to edit in something but tapped on delete, ah yes this does look retarded :/

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

The main argument here is: what is different enough in week 9 to grant a change in policy, policy that was applied for 8 weeks? Why should a disconnection in week 9 be worse than week 5, since both weeks have the same value in term of reaching the playoffs?

The answer is: there is no real difference. It might feel worse since people kept believing for longer, but there is literally no objective reason to recreate on the ground of "it's week 9 so it is different"

The main argument here is: what is different enough in week 9 to grant a change in policy, policy that was applied for 8 weeks? Why should a disconnection in week 9 be worse than week 5, since both weeks have the same value in term of reaching the playoffs?

The answer is: there is no real difference. It might feel worse since people kept believing for longer, but there is literally no objective reason to recreate on the ground of "it's week 9 so it is different"
Week 5 or 9, a replay should happen. I live in a third world country where good internet is not for granted like the western world.
I did tell faji I had very bad connection on smogtours and I disconnected multiple times during previous spl games I played.

I beleive tds will make the fair and right decision.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What I meant is that's not the point. I understand your reasoning and it makes sense, but changing a policy such as this one does not happen in the middle of the tournament.

If you strongly believe it needs to change, I'd advise you to directly contact the TD team, resume the limitations of the current stance and explain why your suggestion would be better.

Either way, the current policy should stand here, especially since we had a timeout defeat earlier in the tournament.

This isn't entirely accurate though . There is a difference between Week 5 and Week 9 . While the math might tell you they have "equal impact" on a team's chances in playoffs , a loss in week 5 means you get the chance to win in the consecutive weeks . Week 9 is the end of the line . And that matters even moreso this season when many teams had equal chances to make playoffs if they won . The stakes are higher when the finish line is in sight, the players are more motivated .
The answer is : There cannot be a purely objective or a broad policy enforcing a course of action when there are far too many factors involved especially since this is the Internet and this should really be done on a case by case basis . Hopefully a fair decision is passed . This is not an attack , just pointing out what I thought was logically inconsistent.

I think a simple solution for future tournaments would be to change the timer on smogtours so it doesn't abruptly go to like 30 seconds (or whatever it is) if someone DCs. Give people the full 300 seconds per turn regardless of whether they DC or not.

I really don't think DCing for 30 seconds should be disqualifying. I have crappy internet and DC all the time and I live in the mid-west US! And there are a lot of people in the world with a lot worse internet than me.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
I think a simple solution for future tournaments would be to change the timer on smogtours so it doesn't abruptly go to like 30 seconds (or whatever it is) if someone DCs. Give people the full 300 seconds per turn regardless of whether they DC or not.

I really don't think DCing for 30 seconds should be disqualifying. I have crappy internet and DC all the time and I live in the mid-west US! And there are a lot of people in the world with a lot worse internet than me.
The smogtours timer literally doesn't jump at all. You get the full 300 seconds regardless of whether u dc. Smogtours isn't main and this post doesn't make sense

The smogtours timer literally doesn't jump at all. You get the full 300 seconds regardless of whether u dc. Smogtours isn't main and this post doesn't make sense
Wait, what? I was watchin' Outrage fight yesterday and the last few turns before he DCed were pretty fast and he was disqualified very quickly after he DCed. Did I miss something?

as the shark least invested in spl and as someone who learned who lord outrage was yesterday even though we are on the same spl team, i will just say this: during one of his disconnects, he lost like ~200 seconds or something

+Analytic: Hey man
Oglemi: hi
+Analytic: I had a q
Oglemi: shoot
+Analytic: How does timer go from 210 to 30 after a dc of merely like 20 seconds
Oglemi: don't know, apparently it's a new problem
Oglemi: zarel was messing with things the other day
Oglemi: no control over that

:3

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
This isn't entirely accurate though . There is a difference between Week 5 and Week 9 . While the math might tell you they have "equal impact" on a team's chances in playoffs , a loss in week 5 means you get the chance to win in the consecutive weeks . Week 9 is the end of the line . And that matters even moreso this season when many teams had equal chances to make playoffs if they won . The stakes are higher when the finish line is in sight, the players are more motivated .
You're expected to play at your best regardless of the week. If you don't because "there are other weeks anyway", then get cheesed out of playoffs due to week 9 circumstances, you're the one to blame.

But if you play at your best all weeks, it gets back to what I was saying, ie they all have the same weight

Also no worries, I didn't take it as an attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)