Smogon Premier League VIII - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Tough ending Cryos, y'all deserved better. Just wanna give a quick shoutout to njnp, I know a lot of people laughed at his price tag but if you saw the amount of work he put in I guarantee almost all of you would shut the hell up real quick. Rootin for the cooters as always, gl in the playoffs boys.

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Was a rough break for us, but i wanna thank Valentine and Teal for trusting me enough to not only buy me but also to start me. It was very honorable of you to let me prove myself even though I haven't had much playing time in Smogon Team Tours, that alone meant a lot to me whether we made playoffs or not. I also wanna tell each of my teammates that I cannot thank you all enough for your hard work in terms of prep and trying to win your games. It's a shame that some RNGs won't allow us to prove ourselves in playoffs but it is what it is unfortunately. I really did feel like we were a powerful team, doing the unthinkable like "juggling" our line-ups, having naysayers jump ship from hating us to liking us, and even kicking out our own fucking manager off his own team... Damn this team was fucking wild. I loved every moment of it.

I'll get straight to the point, it was a good season for me. It showed me my strengths and my weaknesses when I was able to start for the first time and played the entire regular season. 5-4 isn't an awful record, but I do not mind ending with a positive one. To all the cryos, I am incredibly happy that I came back after "quitting" and was able to develop and grow with a group of people that I call family. One of the many reasons why I enjoy being in SPL, not just for the competition, but also for the people that I consider my friends. What a way to spend it while playing your favorite game in one of the most prestigious team tours on the site. I hope my service as a teammate benefited you all, and if they did, I am grateful and I couldn't ask for anything else. Love you all...

...but yeah I'm not gonna end it there, I wanna call out this user Vai Lusa who apparently enjoys running his mouth due to dumbshit like

SM OU: Steve Angello vs Zamrock - going for zam is against the law in brazil
SM OU: Zamrock vs reiku - ''fala que o Zamrock eh bom de novo e te quebro na porrada''
I usually dont give a shit about predictions but I've been wanting to speak up about this. I don't know what is it I've done that made you want to bring out these "disses," but with someone who has literally accomplished nothing on this site, you would think the best option for you was to just post your predictions and keep your mouth shut afterwards. You're a fucking copy cat nobody BR ladder player who does nothing but steal teams (and uses them terribly) and then hides room in legit every single game that you've played for like 3 years and yet you still can't get a spot on in a team tour despite all your tryhard affects. Would you like proof? How about I show you a replay where I obliterated you on an alt after you stole omfugas ladder team. Maybe you should work more on your skill level and stop trying to insult players that can actually make an SPL team. Continue riding my nuts nerd.

Thank you for the swell season cryos. Fortune really does favor the brave... Hope we get a solid playoff series.

Last edited:

Lusa

is the Smogon Tour Season 31 Champion
World Defender
Was a rough break for us, but i wanna thank Valentine and Teal for trusting me enough to not only buy me but also to start me. It was very honorable of you to let me prove myself has I haven't had much playing time in Smogon Team Tours, that alone meant a lot to me whether we made playoffs or not. I also wanna tell each of my teammates that I cannot thank you all enough for your hard work in terms of prep and trying to win your games. It's a shame that some RNGs won't allow us to prove ourselves in playoffs but it is what it is unfortunately. I really did feel like we were a powerful team, doing the unthinkable like "juggling" our line-ups, having naysayers jump ship from hating us to liking us, and even kicking out our own fucking manager off his own team... Damn this team was fucking wild. I loved every moment of it.

I'll get straight to the point, it was a good season for me. It showed me my strengths and my weaknesses when I was able to start for the first time and played the entire regular season. 5-4 isn't an awful record, but I do not mind ending with a positive one. To all the cryos, I am incredibly happy that I came back after "quitting" and was able to develop and grow with a group of people that I call family. One of the many reasons why I enjoy being in SPL, not just for the competition, but also for the people that I consider my friends. What a way to spend it while playing your favorite game in one of the most prestigious team tours on the site. I hope my service as a teammate benefited you all, and if they did, I am grateful and I couldn't ask for anything else. Love you all...

...but yeah I'm not gonna end it there, I wanna call out this user Vai Lusa who apparently enjoys running his mouth due to dumbshit like

I usually dont give a shit about predictions but I've been wanting to speak up about this. I don't know what is it I've done that made you want to bring out these "disses," but with someone who has literally accomplished nothing on this site, you would think the best option for you was to just post your predictions and keep your mouth shut afterwards. You're a fucking copy cat nobody BR ladder player who does nothing but steal teams (and uses them terribly) and then hides room in legit every single game that you've played for like 3 years and yet you still can't get a spot on in a team tour despite all your tryhard affects. Would you like proof? How about I show you a replay where I obliterated you on an alt after you stole omfugas ladder team. Maybe you should work more on your skill level and stop trying to insult players that can actually make an SPL team. Continue riding my nuts nerd.

Thank you for the swell season cryos. Fortune really does favor the brave... Hope we get a solid playoff series.
ata kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Was a rough break for us, but i wanna thank Valentine and Teal for trusting me enough to not only buy me but also to start me. It was very honorable of you to let me prove myself has I haven't had much playing time in Smogon Team Tours, that alone meant a lot to me whether we made playoffs or not. I also wanna tell each of my teammates that I cannot thank you all enough for your hard work in terms of prep and trying to win your games. It's a shame that some RNGs won't allow us to prove ourselves in playoffs but it is what it is unfortunately. I really did feel like we were a powerful team, doing the unthinkable like "juggling" our line-ups, having naysayers jump ship from hating us to liking us, and even kicking out our own fucking manager off his own team... Damn this team was fucking wild. I loved every moment of it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-259457

very tough ending to the season for us after we came back from a 0-2 start to go 6 weeks undefeated. all of you did an amazing job though, after being written off early as a bottom 2 team and suffering some big early losses, no one else would have thought we'd come so close to the playoffs, but we kept the belief throughout.

i'd like to thank my managers Pearl and rozes for not only drafting me, but putting me in the starting line initially. from a competitive standpoint it wasn't a very good season for me. one of the unfortunate things about making my spl debut after having been playing mons for so long is that i have neither the (spl) experience of the well-known vets nor the motivation of a newer player. and of course, i don't have as much free time to really enjoy the experience like i did when i was a teenager. that's definitely no excuse for my performance though, the last 2 games i played were particularly shocking for someone who's played this game as long as i have, 'spl experience' or not. once we got to midseason i felt like i had gotten my choking out and was ready to bounce back (like kyle zamrock), but unfortunately my managers didn't share in that belief (for good reason after i pretty much gifted a couple games in a row). in the end, i was simply left hoping my teammates would carry me to the trophy so i'd have something to show for this season at least, but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

i picked up dpp again about 2 years ago after not having played it since 2010 or so, and it's been truly amazing to play a generation that holds so many fond memories for me, but in the end i'm left thinking this probably isn't the right tier for me. i feel like my foresight in non-preview tiers isn't anywhere near as good as the big name vets, and my teambuilding isn't what it used to be when i played on shoddy battle, possibly due to the fact that the metagame is quite different now than what it used to be. maybe i'll try to get into the new generation a bit more, or perhaps play more bw as that was another generation that i played through, or even finally quit this game for good. i don't really know right now, i'll just see how it goes i suppose.

despite all of this, i still had a lot of fun on this team due to having fantastic teammates, and that's what really matters i guess. i won't do any individual shoutouts because there's nothing i really want to say here that i can't say in private, but just know that you guys are the best. despite the fact that we missed playoffs in the end, i wouldn't have wanted to be on any other team. hope that we can all stay in contact long after this conclusion of this spl.

Last edited:
Damn, this was probably the most action-packed Sunday of SPL history. So many teams still in the running with high stakes games on the line. Sorry to those who didn't make it; I know it's rough to come so close and fall just shy. Looking forward to a strong playoffs.

not to basically double post but thx to people of classiest playing under my failure of management (and shake's utter lack of management ofc) and still trying ur best to the end,,

as for pwn's teams thanks pohjis, level 56, tony, and fireburn for help tweaking stuff

excited to play again next season. In hindsight that would've been the better choice this year :p. Shakeitup I hope you still love me at least half as much as kyou..

not to basically double post but thx to people of classiest playing under my failure of management (and shake's utter lack of management ofc) and still trying ur best to the end,,

as for pwn's teams thanks pohjis, level 56, tony, and fireburn for help tweaking stuff

excited to play again next season. In hindsight that would've been the better choice this year :p. Shakeitup I hope you still love me at least half as much as kyou..
sylvie*

Tamahome

startling sign
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
So, after all the fuss I have to come and post a lame Activity Win Request. I know people will say i missed the schedule, but Colchonero and I talked on Saturday, and he told me he'd be active until 1 am his time, which is like 4 hours from deadline i think. At 7:30 pm today we talked a bit more and he said he'd be fine playing later, perhaps even after the sharks x classiest series was over. I waited over 5 hours until make this post, as I realize he pm'd this on discord:

[23:53] Colchonero: im sorry man, but i agreed on playing you later / giving you the win because u told me it was going to matter, but it finally doesnt matter for the playoffs stuff according to what my team told me, and im kinda busy so cant play a good match under these circumstances

[23:53] Colchonero: i hope your team get playoffs instead of the sharks, and also wish you best of luck in playoffs since i think/know ure better player than the other 3 dppers, but this game is meaningless and im done for today

[23:54] Colchonero: gn

So i take that as a forfeit, and i'm very tired as well, so I'm sorry if this sounds like bullshit, but over 5 hours waiting plus the fact i have to wake up early to work and classes is making me do this.

Tagging Colchonero in order to let everyone know that he was very nice about it, and wish him and the rest of cryos the best of luck in future endeavors.

Last edited:

Lusa

is the Smogon Tour Season 31 Champion
World Defender

I wasnt originally gonna reply cause its not really worth my time as I dont care about this game or community nearly as much as you do to gather replays in order to shit talk others or wathever else you do with your free time, but theres no way this is going without a propper answer. Fist of all I didnt insult you on my predictions or directly, all I said was a small response to your massive shit talking to me and my friends (wich was posted by Genesis) last EPL, so you have no reason to call me out or anythig. Secondly ive been playing for 1 year so its to be expected that i dont get on teams right away, on the other hand uve been on Smogon for 8 fucking years and had to wait like 5 to get on SPL, and you would think a player with a 8 year expirience would a least be mature and accept losses right? Nah dude still complains every game about hax. Finally, if u think ur so important that im "riding on ur nuts" (eww lol) just letting you know that you are not: most people see you as nothing but a salty avarage player who talks shit to everyone so he can feel superior when hes clearly not; grow up, seriously. Also yea i do hide my rooms cause its literally a smarter version of your stupid emojis that you put on ur name so people cant scout replays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)