Smogon Premier League VIII - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
SM OU: reyscarface vs p2-only indians are allowed wit undefeated spl record
SM OU: KratosMana vs Steve Angello-both are equallly goodd
SM OU: Nedor vs Eternal Spirit-solid player in general+more exp than nedor i guss
SM Ubers: Hack vs Mazar-would give it to hack but mazar is lately playiin tooo good
SM LC: Kingler12345 vs OP-too hot to handle
SM DOU: Stax vs MajorBowman-lit name
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi-just overaalyy goooddd
BW OU: Jayde vs Tokyo Tom hes 9-0 in bw so must be god
DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome-magician
ADV OU: UD vs JabbaTheGriffin-tigers's homeboii
GSC OU: BKC vs McMeghan-both r winner!
RBY OU: Tobes vs Zebraiken-more lucky

SM OU: Posho vs TheThorn-poshoeee is just bttr
SM OU: Finchinator vs Tricking-more consistent but i think matchups will decide winnr
SM OU: Obliviate vs Welli0u- numberr 1 rookie
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Star-hes hav more exp in lc
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs Axel10-genesex7
BW OU: Ciele vs Jirachee-nice name buude
DPP OU: Mael vs Philip7086=0-3 philip won
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Ojama-monkeyboi got nice moves
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Crystal-_-:toast:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Ok then Predictions + Shotouts.

Predicts
[#1] Team Raiders (7) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (5)

SM OU: reyscarface vs p2
SM OU: KratosMana vs Steve Angello
SM OU: Nedor vs Eternal Spirit
SM Ubers: Hack vs Mazar
SM LC: Kingler12345 vs OP
SM DOU: Stax vs MajorBowman
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi
BW OU: Jayde vs Tokyo Tom
DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome
ADV OU: UD vs JabbaTheGriffin
GSC OU: BKC vs McMeghan
RBY OU: Tobes vs Zebraiken

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (4) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (8)

SM OU: Posho vs TheThorn
SM OU: Finchinator vs Tricking
SM OU: Obliviate vs Welli0u
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Gunner Rohan
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Star
SM DOU: DaAwesomeDude1 vs Biosci
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs Axel10
BW OU: Ciele vs Jirachee
DPP OU: Mael vs Philip7086
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Ojama
GSC OU: d0nut vs Mr.378
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Crystal_

I'd like to thank you Sharks for the amazing Season. I think we had one of the best teams in the whole competition and being out for a disconnection is sad af, but owell, life sucks. I would have liked to end with a better score (even tho I don't think it's that bad after all) and for sure my blind pheromosas didn't help at all. But overall what I can say is that I loved the time I spent with each one of you guys and I'd like to spend some individual word....

M Dragon As said when we talkd recently, I wasn't expecting you to buy me at all. Glad you drafted me. Thanks for giving me the chance to play most of the weeks. You are everything a manager has to be. I liked the way you helpd each one with their prep, showing knowledge about every fucking tier and metagame. One of the best managers in the whole tour.

undisputed You're not human man. Your ADV score is out of this world and as I told you in PM, I'm glad we were mate for this season. Hope we'll be mates in sum other competition in future. Hit me when you want to talk :]

I Am a Rookie When I saw your nickname for the fist time I was like "wtf is this". You're one of the best Doubles players i've ever seen and your linoones are doped for sure. You promised to teach me doubles. Still waiting . . .

Vubon luv yah man. We talked a lot about everything and all I can say is that you're a cool guy and you're a good player too. Hope to see you in other competitions 'cause you deserve it.

Lord Outrage Despite last match was sad af, I think you're a cool mate and a strong player :] I hope we'll have the chance to play in the same team for sum competition sooner or later.

Kevin Garret One of the most experienced players in the team. Thanks for cheerin my up all time. You clearly deserved to play more than you did :[

Trosko Out of respect for your building and playing skills. One of the best ORAS players, underrated af. Loved to prepare games with you :]

PDC Solid player. Last match was dumb but after a whole season playing well a lil mistake is understandable.

dragonuser Even tho your season wasn't that good, I still Think you're an amazing player and you will rule this new metagame in the next months. Hit me whenever you want, let's keep in contact, man :]

dice There isn't much to say about you. One of the best BW players of all the times.

Bomber. A well deserved midseason choice for sure :] I guess you hate typhlosion now...

Analytic a good support. I wanted you to have the chance to play but your support was priceless. Loved your original ideas :]

Conflict I'd dare to say you were a second manager for the team. Thanks for considering me and I hope I didn't disappoint your expectations.

Rooting for Scooters now!

[#1] Team Raiders (5) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (1)

SM OU: reyscarface vs p2 -
SM OU: KratosMana vs Steve Angello - ich hoffe du gewinnst, bring was verrücktes

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (7) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (2)

DPP OU: Mael vs Philip7086 - dein jahr ;)

Going to not bold anyone so you gotta infer who I am predicting by reading what I write.

DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome - roscoe seems to have a very strong grasp on current DPP and always seems to gain early advantages. He also has a great set of active teammates supporting his efforts. Tama is fairly predictable and doesn't wander too far from his comfort zone, plus his style is very well known since he plays DPP on smogtours literally every day. I sometimes feel like he brings the same game to tournaments as he does to friendlies despite the higher stakes. However, he's probably the most experienced DPP player here and has highly respectable records vs any top DPPer.

ADV OU: UD vs JabbaTheGriffin - UD has not really been showing up this SPL. He has potential but always seems to be behind. Jabba has been doing the same stuff for years in this tier and still pulls off W's, which just shows that he has really mastered the blunt aggression "wear down counter with first sweeper and sweep with the next" strategy as well as Zapdos BP pivoting. He hasn't pulled off as many W's this season as in past seasons but is clearly still capable despite the high level of competition.

GSC OU: BKC vs McMeghan - BKC has developed a lot as a GSC player this season and I am confident he has the greater level of experience in this tier matchup. He is also on a very impressive run this SPL. His early game advantage finding has been spot on in almost every game, and he has effectively converted those advantages into his present 6-1 GSC record. McMeghan loves to use quirky or innovative strategies wherever he plays, but in GSC there tends to be a clear trade-off whenever that kind of strategy is sought. McMeghan is highly talented in all aspects of the game though, so even if he potentially lacks the snap knowledge of as many scenarios as an experienced GSC veteran, he should be able to effectively navigate the battle as he goes.

RBY OU: Tobes vs Zebraiken - Tobes has an absolute ton of SPL RBY experience compared to Zebraiken, who I haven't seen much of. Perhaps Zebraiken has been beating Golden Gyarados in testing. Zebraiken arguably may be able to take greater advantage of Tobes's well-documented playing style, but otherwise it looks like a clear advantage to the Raiders RBY.

DPP OU: Mael vs Philip7086 - mael is quite good at effectively innovating in DPP and has great instincts when preparing to face particular opponents, which makes him a very solid tournament player. He is also very well versed in the modern DPP metagame. Phil's style has never fallen out of favour in DPP though, and his recent spins on particular themes have succeeded in overwhelming opponent after opponent. Despite the degree of variety in his team compositions, his teams have consistently performed well enough for him to be able to achieve his present 6-3 record. There's no doubt a lot of this will come down to who comes up with the team that has the upper hand.

ADV OU: dekzeh vs Ojama - dekzeh has consistently performed in RSE for as long as I can recall. He is certainly a contender for best RSE player of all time. He knows how to innovate but also has a superb grasp on how to play standard, making him very difficult to prepare against. Ojama has certainly proven his proficiency in RSE too, however, and is never too far behind dekzeh in the standings. He knows how to play relentlessly aggressively and never brings a dud team, leaving the outcome of his battles to his play (and the RNG) rather than risking too much of a team disadvantage for only prospective gain.

GSC OU: d0nut vs Mr.378 - d0nut has played a variety of styles this SPL and shown that he is capable of playing various matchups proficiently. Mr.378 is typically known for playing a single style but has shown remarkable consistency this season, especially in the first half. d0nut has prepared well for most of his games and his record shows it. GSC is a metagame with team advantages like any other, but the degree of advantage is typically narrower, so even a team prepared with another archetype in mind can be outmanoeuvred. However, the advantage is inarguably present and I expect d0nut's wider pool of strategies to play to his advantage.

RBY OU: Alexander. vs Crystal_ - Alexander. is very good with mindgames but seems to be a little short of the consistency of the top performers this season. He occasionally goes with risky hit-or-miss aggressive teams and play. A while back it was looking like he was a candidate for best on PP, but he has seemingly slowed down as of late. Crystal_ was once one of my most feared RBY opponents, however this season it seems as though he is still getting his footing in the new meta and has had varying degrees of success when bucking some of the recent meta trends. However, there's no doubt he deserves a lot of respect as a RBY player - no-one understands the various quirks and mechanics better than him, and his mindgaming is also solid.

DPP OU: mael vs Philip7086

SM OU: reyscarface vs p2—p2's mastery over brilliant innovations such as Toxic Mega Scizor and Latios lacking Draco Meteor is clearly going to be too much for rey. I predict a Specs Fini or a STAB-less Pheromosa to take the Raiders down a peg.

Last edited:

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
[#1] Team Raiders (8) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (3)

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (7)

thanks to my managers for picking me up and my homies for testing games w/ me. also special shoutouts to Mizuhime and CALLOUS.

SIKE thumbs down to both of u. mizuhime for always predicting against me and rigging the first classic bracket and callous for not uploading any of my spl games even though i won w/ a chansey on my team at one point. pce

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

y'all sleepin on my boy

also shoutouts to the wolfpack, my first spl was a fantastic one thanks to you guys despite not really getting a record im overly proud of. looking forward to winning it all the next time around

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Team Raiders (8) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (4)

Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs Indie Scooters (7)

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
GEAUX TIGERS

I actually don't give a shit who wins (except somebody stop that madman gayscrubface) cuz I'm not in it anyway but come on people do it right

BKC still a punk for dodging me in best metagame GBC

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Feels good to be in POs, ahhh... didn't expect it when I signed up, but jayde slaying my riolu reinvigorated me and all the tigers as a result. By the way, it's no coincidence that the Tigers' return to POs coincide with tennis' genius idea to pick me.. Take a washed up admin to pick up a washed up #
lol.

With that being said, some thoughts on these semi-finals and other spl things.

Scooters has a lot of friends, and the same can be said about BIGs, who was my previous team in the past two editions of the tour. Hard to take a side here. Ciele/slick and dek/ojami are my favorite match-ups by far. Impressive spl for d0nut too. Glad you've been doing well bro and predicting you to win your game. I'd also give the upperhand to Finch, L56, Biosci, Axel and Philip in their respective matchups, but it's obviously anyone's game at this point.

Back to tennisace real quick. With my veteran experience on this website, I can say with certidude that this man is the #
manager without any hesitation. Haters be saying he's never around or doesn't support his team, but y'all would have never bought such a perfect mix of retired goons, conflict's offsprings and sogeking's puppets and assembled them in a playoff reaching entity.

By the way, you've noticed by now that, despite our OU core getting the last spot in the Power Rankings™, we've finished with the second best SM OU record. Our managers see past names and recognize the true potential of Smogon's players. And make no mistakes, this was all planned lol. Also, when's the last time you saw someone immediately drop his important activity only to test with a paraspamming brazilian? That's right. To all the haters, that's what I'll end my tirade with:

Tennisace isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a manager with such a draft plan and scouting for his SPL franchise? Tennis puts the Tigers in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a manager with his dedication and passion for the game again. Sharks break the rules. Raiders break the records. Tigers break the dreams. You can keep your trashtalk. I prefer the playoffs.

#
ace #mahlzeit

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Can whoever is doing it please stop messing with the scheduling spreadsheet and inputting times that have never been agreed to? It's playoffs and people legitimately want to see these games; editing in fake times for the sake of some bad joke is doing nobody any good. Having a spreadsheet like this is a luxury and Nails or whoever maintained it has been doing the community a favor all season, so let's not misuse it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)