Smogon Premier League VII - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

> SPREADSHEET <
> SCHEDULE <

ONLY ANOTHER MONTH OF ENSLAVEMENT

As the host, the biggest thing you guys can do for me is just get your matches done on time and keep drama to a minimum. While this tournament is known for high levels of drama and excitement, just keep it between you and the other teams. If there is a problem, take it up with me privately on IRC or through private message and I will do my best to resolve the issue.

As a reminder:

On... Sportsmanship
Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this SPL, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in #spl / #pokemon / any of the semiofficial tier channels, or in opposing SPL team channels (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own SPL team channel unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a Masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On... Scheduling Matches
I'm sure plenty of you have come across activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end.

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that week's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown/Smogon Tournament Server, or PO if you're playing an old gen. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the week's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's VM wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response VM). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential no contest or substitution. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to no contest, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your VM wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take irc or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the VM messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue no contest or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Week 1 thread is posted June 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Its deadline is June 14, 2013 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his VM wall on June 7, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On... Disconnecting and timing out drama
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour-a-move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Zebraiken and Oglemi, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

~ Aldaron
Basically: use VMs to communicate and schedule your matches, don't be a drama llama (being an ATOMIC llama is fine), submit your teams, and we'll get along perfect.

---

Alpha Ruiners (7) vs Cryonicles (5)

ORAS OU #1: TheEnder vs GeeMick
ORAS OU #2: ABR vs Seeme
ORAS UU: Hogg vs teal6
ORAS RU: Luigi. vs Scythe.
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh
ORAS LC: mad0ka vs Star.
ORAS Doubles: deoxys speed vs Lohgock
BW OU: SoulWind vs Shoka
DPP OU: dEnIsSsS vs Sweepage
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Porengan
GSC OU: idiotfrommars vs Colchonero
RBY OU: Tiba vs Alexander.

Congregation of the Classiest (7) vs Indie Scooters (5)

ORAS OU #1: blunder vs xray
ORAS OU #2: IAmGingy vs cosine180
ORAS UU: Ice Tea vs xMarth
ORAS RU: New Breed vs Windsong
ORAS NU: soulgazer vs Realistic Waters
ORAS LC: Heysup vs Tricking
ORAS Doubles: Arcticblast vs Biosci
BW OU: Aeroblacktyl vs Jirachee
DPP OU: panamaxis vs Go10
ADV OU: Ojama vs Danilo
GSC OU: giara vs liberty32
RBY OU: Agammemnon vs marcoasd

Firebot Falcons (6) vs Team Raiders (6)

ORAS OU #1: Tesung vs CrashinBoomBang
ORAS OU #2: Ary vs TDK
ORAS UU: Christo. vs kokoloko
ORAS RU: reyscarface vs Esteemed User Ginku
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo
ORAS LC: ZoroarkForever vs Kingler12345
ORAS Doubles: KyleCole vs BLOOD TOTEM
BW OU: Leftiez vs Philip7086
DPP OU: Tamahome vs Marshall.Law
ADV OU: Triangles vs Veteran In Love
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Picollo
RBY OU: dice vs Tobes

Wi-Fi Wolfpack (4) vs Stark Sharks (8)

ORAS OU #1: Laurel vs CTC (activity)
ORAS OU #2: PDC vs reiku
ORAS UU: aim vs Hikari
ORAS RU: FlamingVictini vs Meru
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased
ORAS LC: Mambo vs blarajan
ORAS Doubles: Braverius vs TheFourthChaser
BW OU: sugarhigh vs GOD MARTH
DPP OU: Stathakis vs Smurf
ADV OU: undisputed vs Golden Sun
GSC OU: Omfuga vs Conflict
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs The_Chaser

Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (7)

ORAS OU #1: boudouche vs Escavalier
ORAS OU #2: Improbable vs ben gay
ORAS UU: HANTSUKI vs dodmen
ORAS RU: SilentVerse vs atomicllamas
ORAS NU: rozes vs Blast
ORAS LC: ZoroDark vs OP
ORAS Doubles: BLINGAS vs qsns
BW OU: Finchinator vs Thatsjustpeachy
DPP OU: Malekith vs Honor
ADV OU: McMeghan vs JabbaTheGriffin
GSC OU: d0nut vs Earthworm
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs Golden Gyarados

Deadline is Sunday, February 21st, at 11:59 PM EST.

If I made a mistake with any matchups or names, please contact me immediately. Also, post all of your replays / logs kthnx. I also flipped LC + Doubles, so hopefully there will be no more issues with me misplacing them. Thanks to the managers who actively kept them in the order that they were listed in. n_n

Oh and thanks TDK for fixing the link to the Scooters logo for me n_n

60/60 matches completed

Last edited:

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
GSC OU: idiotfrommars vs Colchonero - hodor is still strong.
GSC OU: giara vs liberty32 - Interesting putting him here but Giara has definite talent.
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Picollo - Two old players here. Should be good but I feel like Picollo is making a comeback.
GSC OU: Omfuga vs Conflict - HL of the week as Omfuga takes his real test.
GSC OU: d0nut vs Earthworm - It's Earthworm

Alpha Ruiners (0) vs Cryonicles (0)

ORAS OU #1: TheEnder vs GeeMick
ORAS UU: Hogg vs teal6- Hogg :P
ORAS RU: Luigi. vs Scythe.- the battle of stupid names with periods at the end -_-
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh- freed
ORAS LC: mad0ka vs Star.
ORAS Doubles: deoxys speed vs kamikaze17
BW OU: SoulWind vs Shoka- the 2 best BWers known to MAN
DPP OU: dEnIsSsS vs Sweepage- fuckin love deniss tho
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Fakes- this guy's ok I guess lol.
GSC OU: idiotfrommars vs Colchonero
RBY OU: Tiba vs Lutra

Congregation of the Classiest (0) vs Indie Scooters (0)

ORAS OU #1: blunder vs xray
ORAS OU #2: IAmGingy vs cosine180
ORAS UU: Calloflochie vs xMarth
ORAS RU: New Breed vs Windsong
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters- sorry sg ur no bouffalant lol.
BW OU: Evuelf vs Jirachee
ADV OU: Ojama vs Danilo
GSC OU: giara vs liberty32- lol
RBY OU: Agammemnon vs marcoasd- THE KING RETURNS.

Firebot Falcons (0) vs Team Raiders (0)

ORAS OU #1: Tesung vs CrashinBoomBang- i believe in u tesung :P
ORAS RU: 49 vs Esteemed User Ginku- return..
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo- sorry can-eh I keep predicting u to lose D:
BW OU: Leftiez vs Philip7086- stopping leftiez? Yeah right lol.
DPP OU: Tamahome vs Marshall.Law
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Picollo- idk who to predict but BD clef is my favorite mon in GSC :D
RBY OU: dice vs Tobes

Ever Grande BIGS (0) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (0)

ORAS OU #1: boudouche vs Escavalier
ORAS OU #2: Improbable vs ben gay
ORAS UU: bugzinator vs dodmen- Bugz was shaky last week, but idk this is a tough one. 2 of the strongest in SPL imo
ORAS RU: SilentVerse vs atomicllamas
ORAS LC: ZoroDark vs OP- STOPPIN THIS GUY? HAHA.
BW OU: Finchinator vs Thatsjustpeachy- lol repeat
DPP OU: Malekith vs Honor- love this guy
ADV OU: McMeghan vs JabbaTheGriffin- believe in u brother meghan..

Alpha Ruiners (9) vs Cryonicles (3)

ORAS OU #1: TheEnder vs GeeMick - both have been great but geemick really impresses me
ORAS UU: Hogg vs teal6 - hogg is a cool guy, he seems very solid
ORAS RU: Luigi. vs Scythe. - love get backer
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh - i want to see new guys winning
ORAS LC: mad0ka vs Star. - better player
ORAS Doubles: deoxys speed vs kamikaze17 - this guy is actually really good
BW OU: SoulWind vs Shoka - soulwind finally not having terrible luck
DPP OU: dEnIsSsS vs Sweepage
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Fakes - hype
GSC OU: idiotfrommars vs Colchonero - this dude has like 30 spl wins
RBY OU: Tiba vs Lutra

Congregation of the Classiest (8) vs Indie Scooters (4)

ORAS OU #1: blunder vs xray - hype #2
ORAS OU #2: IAmGingy vs cosine180 - very good and underrated. cosine seems to not be in his groove
ORAS UU: Calloflochie vs xMarth
ORAS RU: New Breed vs Windsong - hype #3
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters - 4-1 vs 4-1 going to be really good, going with the new guy though. also hype #4
BW OU: Evuelf vs Jirachee - evuelf plays some of the most skilled bw games i've seen
ADV OU: Ojama vs Danilo - ojama has been ridiculously controlled throughout this spl, playing perfectly, cant pick against him

Wi-Fi Wolfpack (2) vs Stark Sharks (10)

ORAS OU #1: Laurel vs CTC - pls show up basedlord
ORAS OU #2: PDC vs reiku - always liked this dude
ORAS UU: aim vs Hikari
ORAS RU: FlamingVictini vs Meru
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased - way better than record shows
ORAS LC: Mambo vs blarajan
ORAS Doubles: Braverius vs TheFourthChaser
BW OU: sugarhigh vs GOD MARTH - marth seems to be using mostly the same stuff and sugarhigh is someone to seriously take advantage of that
DPP OU: Stathakis vs Smurf - it's really funny when smurf's angry
ADV OU: undisputed vs Golden Sun
GSC OU: Omfuga vs Conflict - it's conflict
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs The_Chaser - the king of rby

go sharks

Ever Grande BIGS (8) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (4)

ORAS OU #1: boudouche vs Escavalier - i didn't even notice this wtff you are really good and i hope you win
ORAS OU #2: Improbable vs ben gay - improbable got outplayed last week only to have a set which had no chance of losing. ben uses fucking mawile
ORAS UU: bugzinator vs dodmen
ORAS RU: SilentVerse vs atomicllamas - sorry llamas this dude is op
ORAS LC: ZoroDark vs OP - actually this dude is op but zorodark is bouncing back
BW OU: Finchinator vs Thatsjustpeachy - go finch :D
DPP OU: Malekith vs Honor - despite the atrocity that was last week's game, think malekith's a better player

go falcons! i approve of you guys lucking the shit of people still in playoff contention

Alpha Ruiners (6) vs Cryonicles (6)

ORAS OU #1: TheEnder vs GeeMick I think Ender is really good and he's doing well
ORAS OU #2: ABR vs Seeme same here, ABR is top-3 oras ou for me rn so yeah
ORAS UU: Hogg vs teal6 idk about uu but this guy is unstoppable
ORAS RU: Luigi. vs Scythe. ^
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh I like Teddeh's team and hes a good player so good luck friend
ORAS LC: mad0ka vs Star. girls cannot lose ?_?
ORAS Doubles: deoxys speed vs kamikaze17 both nicknames are strange af
BW OU: SoulWind vs Shoka my boy is not gonna lose
DPP OU: dEnIsSsS vs Sweepage not a big fan of mc at dpp but hes still better than his opp for sure
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Fakes dek <3
GSC OU: idiotfrommars vs Colchonero mayb he can win this time if ifm doesnt get a freeze on lax
RBY OU: Tiba vs Lutra tiba's a rby god

Congregation of the Classiest (7) vs Indie Scooters (4)

ORAS OU #1: blunder vs xray uh oh good game here for sure, blunder's a god but xray is on a winning streak, wanna watch this one
ORAS OU #2: IAmGingy vs cosine180 gingy played well last week and cosine's not playing his best this spl
ORAS UU: Calloflochie vs xMarth -
ORAS RU: New Breed vs Windsong nb is still top2 ru tho
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters I like how's rw playing this spl but soulgazer is just amazing
ORAS LC: Heysup vs Tricking spl 5 frog :]
ORAS Doubles: Arcticblast vs Biosci -
BW OU: Evuelf vs Jirachee rachee is playing solid and evuelf didnt look good last week
ADV OU: Ojama vs Danilo ojama's top player in every gen so yeah

Firebot Falcons (2) vs Team Raiders (10)

ORAS OU #1: Tesung vs CrashinBoomBang I like cbb a lot as a player prob top-3 atm
ORAS RU: 49 vs Esteemed User Ginku
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo
BW OU: Leftiez vs Philip7086
DPP OU: Tamahome vs Marshall.Law I love tama a lot, sadly hes not in a better team i guess
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Picollo
RBY OU: dice vs Tobes hes lucky af for what i've seen

Ever Grande BIGS (8) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (4)

ORAS OU #1: boudouche vs Escavalier boud is good and idk the other guy
ORAS OU #2: Improbable vs ben gay weird teams cant always win i guess..
ORAS UU: bugzinator vs dodmen
ORAS RU: SilentVerse vs atomicllamas llamas *_*
ORAS NU: rozes vs Blast this guy is a beast
ORAS LC: ZoroDark vs OP
ORAS Doubles: BLINGAS vs qsns hes like challenger at league, how can he loses
BW OU: Finchinator vs Thatsjustpeachy tryhard guy gonna get a win this week
DPP OU: Malekith vs Honor hes gonna use some random set and win like always

good luck wolfpack :]

Last edited:
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh - expecting another beast late season run from teddeh, tough opener for shane
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters - sgs bringin some retard shit that he's gonna hype up to me 2 days before the match and its gonna put in work
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased - GUH
ORAS NU: rozes vs Blast - whoever gets luckier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)