Smogon Premier League VII - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
_______/\_____________________
____________/\________________
________________/\____\o/________
___________________/\_\o/________
_______________________/\________
_________SHARK ATTACK!!!__________

won gg

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-142428

5-5 for 4k isn't bad, oh well. Better than 1-3 for 16k... Maybe I can do better next year :D

I still have no idea which tier I'd like to play in any official tournament but oh well

thanks to Nails and Pearl for upbidding me and then being stuck with me
thanks to shakeitup's internet

jk for real tho love u all and go classiest :D

and mostly shoutouts to Finchinator for being the biggest tryhard on our team when he wasn't even on our team

_______/\_____________\o/________
____________/\________\o/________
_________SHARK ATTACK!!!__________

Good games Wolfpack!

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Big thanks to bro fist and bkc for buying me this year, I am sorry I had my shit part of this season on your team. Scooters were nice guys, sorry you guys couldn't make it, I was part of the problem. Fuck the bigs, I am no cheap whore. Thanks to the wolfpack for the nice time and kind words when I won games. It sucks that we couldn't take it all the way, there is no point for me in blowing off each other, I'm sure you guys know what I think about you, you are all wonderful people and all that gay stuff. At the end of the day I had some nice matches and feel like I performed well, rby playerbase was nice as always.
Special thanks to Isa for being my mentor in the first couple of weeks. I don't think anyone else in this game has taught me as much as you have. It's ironic that I did alot better without you helping me every week, but if it wasn't for me recycling the teams we made and taking important experience out of our matches I think I would've underperformed this season.
I wish there was a way to let the sharks without cased win. Best team but who would want to give cased another outlet for his ego..
Shoutout to cpg, they tried to bury us but we are seeds :pirate:

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Won, gg

e: I'm not gonna shout out everyone on the team since you guys should know how I feel about the team, but it was really great to be on the wolfpack this year. SPL is an incredibly fun and enlightening experience for a first-timer like myself, and i'd like thank Nails for putting faith in me early on. If you didn't put that trust in me I don't think I would be close to where I am now, and this whole experience has helped me grow so much as a player. Of course, I really enjoyed the company of the whole wolfpack. The feeling of building and playing and talking with so many people all united with a common interest is an empowering feeling, and i'm sad that its over now (you guys better stay active in that chat, and bouff better come back someday >_>). Although we were definitely strong enough to win this whole thing, we made some mistakes and the rng wasn't always on our side, contrary to popular belief. Since week 1 we just got better and better, but the feeling of losing so close to the end goal is undoubtedly bitter. The best we can do now is reflect on our mistakes and work hard to prevent them from happening again. I'm hoping to get another season with you guys, and next time we're gonna win it.

Through the nights in the rain
Through the time and the pain
We’ll stand, we’ll never fall

And then at the end of it all
We will win, we will chant
It’s not over till its over

Last edited:

Cased

Banned deucer.
good series and everything etc etc was fun and shit like that but

Goodbye Bouff I know you changed your smogon password to random gibberish and you uninstalled Skype to finally stop playing but it was always fun playing with and against you, you went from a huge choker to a solid player and won Grand Slam, I remember how happy you were when you won NU Open to prove people wrong and I'm glad you did. Even though you won't play anymore, it's something to be proud of. For my tribute to you, allow me to... guhguhghgugghggugughhgghguguhguhuh

ik he wont read this but ;_; im emotional

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
Thanks Nails and Pearl for picking me up and for being great people / friends as well as managers. I learned a lot this season even if it was only a handful of games. I'm content with the way I capped things off, even if the W/L result doesn't end up showing it as well as I'd wish it would have. It wasn't exactly the easiest time for me this year because of IRL stuff throughout the season, but you guys stuck with me and helped me when I needed it and I'm really grateful for that, moreso on a personal level than a competitive one (shoutout to Stath here too.) I'd love to be back with the Wolfpack next year if it would work out.

As for teammates, I wasn't heavily involved with the team but when we were messin' in the channel it was a blast. Y'all were a great group and probably the best bunch I've played with in a team tour. As much as losing in semis is not what we all had in mind, it was a worthwhile experience regardless and I hope everyone else walks away feeling the same way.

Good luck in finals Sharks, was a fun series and you guys (except rajan who is lame af >:c) were the better team.

Last edited:

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Im proud of y'all guys, you made an amazing run!
Even if you lost, i think you won!
Gettin the trophy is really important, oh well..
i think you are an amazing group, you worked like a team, you lost like a team, you won like a team, this is what wolfpack is.
The trophy is important, but the effort you put into it, its better.
You are a solid a team, you have an amazing Captain and y' all re the winners, for me even if you dont have the trophy.
Its has been funny singing for you, supporting you..you guys are wonderful people, amazing battlers with important valors. I always thought that being a person with valors its better than being a champ without valors..coz without sense of friendship, respect etc..you are no one.
I had the pleasure to know a great part of you, and you'all are fantastic.
It happens to lose. This is the other side of medal, it could happens for few reasons..hax, not enough focused, the opp is better etc..few reasons we have to accept.
This is a game; sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes it rains..and even if on our run its raining, you always are the sun who will shine through that rain..coz

You are THE players,
You are THE BEST,
You fuckin are WOLFPACK!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Not going to get too personal or make anything long because that'd look lame after losing like this. Just want to let you guys know that it's been a pleasure interacting with all of you throughout the season and I'm very glad I was given the chance to (co-)manage an SPL team, even though my last attempt at managing something on smogon(dot)com was a complete disaster (not like anyone cares about RUPL anyway, amirite?). I'd like to thank Nails for taking me under his wing even though neither of us was all that confident that we'd be able to draft a competent squad and Texas Cloverleaf for considering me as his assistant manager too and for being my main role model as an SPL manager.

As for players, big shout-outs to PDC, aim, and Lavos Spawn for accepting getting retained by us. The former two are easily among the most passionate Pokemon players on this site and I've learned a lot from them. As for the latter, don't let your run bring you down and don't think that we're going to chop your head off just because you lost a Pokemon match. You're still one of the users who amuses me the most with your LoL insight and twitch chat memes. Everyone else: you're the best and I'm truly glad you stuck around with us and didn't lose hope even with all the shit the community gave us. Honorable mentions to Shake's shitty internet for letting us get our hands on an inhuman being for 4K auction credits, FV's innocence and inability to handle my RU memes, Bouff for going from a choker to the best NU player in SPL (please don't leave us ;_;), Bedschi"1K"baer and RU god Zach.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank everyone who wasn't on the team but still dropped by to help. Corporal Levi, not drafting you was easily my biggest regret from this SPL season, and no one else doing it was the biggest travesty. I would also like to thank The Ever Grande Wolfpack squad, TDK, BKC, Gavin and rest of the VGC squad, Scythe, Hellpowna and HUGO.

Wolfpack, out.

~ AWOOOOOOO ~

_______/\_____________\o/________
____________/\________\o/________
__________FAP ATTACK!!!___________

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
thanks for everything, my awoos. this season was a blast and i learned a ton about managing and playing this game. wasn't sure exactly how i'd feel about it considering i wasn't the biggest fan of spl before this (all of the teams i'd been on were pretty bad, except for 2nd half scooters in spl 5) but i'm definitely a fan of this tour after seeing how much fun it was.

keeping this short because we didn't win. shoutouts to Pearl for making me do this and being a hero and carrying my ass, Esteemed User Ginku for getting his spot stolen (i thought he deserved it more), everyone on the team for being great (i love you all), and the bigs for helping us for half the tour. i learned a bunch from managing this year, hope next year is as good whether i play or manage (contact if you're interested in assmannery).

ggs sharks

go ruiners or classiest

time for the best tour on smogon, wcop :D

and lastly, THANKS ZEBRAIKEN

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Damn really sucks that a nice comeback was cut short by a timeout nice try Ruiners

:pirate:

ggs Ruiners. another luck-filled series that comes down to the wire. how fun. sucks it had to end on a timeout but thats how the game goes sometimes i suppose.
shoutouts to my LORD SQUAD for achieving when it mattered. proud of u niggas. down 0-2, rallied back, and then clutched when it was 5-5. gj friends 1 more week to go WE GOT THIS #SHOUTOUTSFRANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)