Smogon Premier League VI - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
ima just bank this one in aint about to get especially intimate neither. i really wasn't that invested in the games so mayb this is uncalled for but i talked more than usual so here it is.

ye i was wary at first ngl. we seemed kinda volatile and french. little did i know tho go10 would turn out to be the mvp commandeering some admiral level swag. whether it was converting from the field, swabbin the ghost chat, or whipping niggas into shape over preparation... this motherfucker was on a swivel. i feel like he coulda just manhandled dice if he had half a mind to and str8 up staged mutiny, then snatched jaja's tour trophy and bopped him on the head with it. that jovial tea sipping png from french forums don't quite do you justice bro. jaja and reym impressed me with their teamwork and determination to "just use 6 pokemons". meridian also got hella appetite for the game to say the least and giara a frosted fuckin solider finna march on russia for some redemption. das the legion for you. all chill dudes. it been real.

kev, i'd rate your overall playing and contribs as prob the highest despite go10's place in the hierarchy. mayb it was how you would just intermittently pop off from the mobile or blow up the forums convo out of nowhere with pastes or motivational shit but i felt like you were all up in everything. love how you're just genuinely stoked about innovating too. the man has a google doc. you probably even had a hand in my maturation as a player. i probably would still be suckling at the xerx counter bliss to this day if it weren't for that vivid sequence of double switch mindgames between you and a character by the name of fayne ("because he's my fucking boy and he predicted that so"). shame we couldn't deliver for ya. would have liked to pokemon with ya more if i still had a soul.

king uu. yea thats a sentence in its fucking self at this point. the real rey of this godamn operation capable of slayin bri in some incestuous fit at any given time. and we did get somewhat intimate. you were my pillar of support in an unknown frontier. you were my tacked on Offensive Wallbreaking Pivot Choice Banded Ape in a team full of passive mons with cleric support. there was some kinda fuckin frodo-golum dynamic tho where it's like we're journeying together and you're leading the way like really enthusiastically, i give you a nibble of my barley bread and you're really grateful and submissive to an almost ridiculous degree, and then you're ferociously gnawing clean through my neck cartilage while i'm asleep. plot twist doe, i jumped headlong into the inferno of my own accord. don't question the hooded one.

dice ;] and zambo (lmao these nicks been completely off top cuz it just sounds more teamish) i really owe you more but i'm petering out. need some vitriol to fuel me, send me an idmemer. i'll say that these two dudes were closest to my wavelength tho. shit me and dice even got intimate to a certain extent with some private convos but i heard the dude gets around so.

o yea pinepe. guess i should say something considering we been through years of team tournies and smogoning together. we changed a lot ha and i like how we both attained dgaf nirvana despite our past competitive drives. looking forward to penetrating po with you under the banner of my people. sounds like some fucking serenity now that their memers are all here.

guess i wasn't too cool for this even when we not contenders but brrr. finna be subzero eternal in death. out

Last edited:

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
a challenger walk up to the strongest man alive,and he say "boy i will defeat you". he dedicates his life to winning the impossible fight against the age old nemesis, he climb mountains, he form a spiritual bond with his pokemons. the match with the goliath starts....

...and he is struck down almost instantly.

won vs gorg, GG.

time for my own shout outs fuck yeah!!!

first of all I'd like to apologize for my atrocious 4-5 record, there is no excuse for that sort of dismal performance coming from the second most expensive player in the tour (I mean jesus christ, I'm flattered and all but going for more than SPL 3 Earthworm just fucking baffles me), especially after a 4-0 start, and frankly it's embarrassing as well as a wound to my ego. luck wasn't on my side but I should've stepped up and played at a level someone who went 33.5K should play at. I'll find solace in the fact that hopefully I helped out in other ways because no one's ever said that Kevin Crocune is a bad teammate and no one ever fuckin will.

at first I was really upset that I wasn't on the scooters but I'm glad I got to know the cryos, you guys (with some exceptions but you can't win em all) rock and once we got past our initial rough patches it was smooth sailing aside from the occasional bump. by the end of the season we had an atmosphere comparative to the ones found on great works of music such as the 90s burzum albums. also brrrrrrr is a great rally/battle/victory cry. brrrrzum....

had it been another day things might have rolled our way and I would be writing this post 2 weeks later but we fought our asses off to the very end and can figuratively walk off the figurative field with our figurative heads held high. literally.

reyscarface: thanks for having so much faith in me that you spent a comically absurd amount of cash to get me on your team. you weren't the most absurdly active manager (how dare you have a life am I right boys??) but when you were around to make suggestions befitting the all-time great you are. wow that looks gay and pretentious in writing but backspacing on phone is a fucking nightmare. anyway you were always willin to help out and put an overall good team together so thanks man it was an ice time (haaaaaaa) marred by what we can only call "pokemon"

dice: oh quincy. you remember sam, the ex I spent many nights crying to you about during our tour 16 frenzy? never again, btw. anyway you and I have the same relationship. one day we're best buds and the next we're at each other's throats. I still remember in february 2012 when I was near the top of the ladder, which so captivated princess brii aka lejla from bosnia, that "she" just had to find out more info about this enthralling "art of ruin" character. we both agreed volturn was cancer and something had to be done about it amg! anyway princess it was awesome being with you again, from complaining about your reasoning during teambuilding to grossing you out with metal lyrics/sex talk. love u fdicep :3

ojama: been a while since we used to fight on ladder in 2011... I was honestly not looking forward to being on your team after the spl 4 scooters fiasco and we didn't start off too great (most notably: no, @ cloyster, which is hilarious looking back at it). however you made an incredible turnaround in like no time at all and became an excellent teammate. my favorite part was when you defied everyone's expectations about you being linear in adv and made that fucking beautiful moltres team (and zam but the people unfortunately never got to see that one hue) which was only stopped by extraordinarily lame turns of events. it was good to see you prove you just had an off season last year, happens to the best (don't think anyone can contest that you are one of them...) and of course you created fdicep. awesome work brother it's a shame luck bit you in the ass in the later weeks.

living so zambian: karpman honus vn where do I begin. I am so glad you caved in to quincy and signed up for spl because over the years you have displayed the qualities of the ideal teammate (and a lack of douchebaggery which is valuable beyond words in this day and age). the mix of being a great player (your lack of confidence is the only thing holding you back) who's always willing to test while also being a great guy to talk to with an incredible sense of humor is a manager's dream. it has been a pleasure watching you grow from bw1 rain stall enthusiast to one of the most hard working, humble top ou players in spl. don't lose that virtue, it's a beacon of light among the narcissistic braggarts that plague us today. however you should learn that it's ok to acknowledge that you're good at something which you fuckin are (everyone raves about your artwork for a reason I might add). I put the hippowdon in a sarcophagus

badabing: I would love to write a fuckin essay on how much I love this dude's wit but I don't have dice's thesaurus on me rn and thus I'm left without words that can sufficiently describe how phenomenal it is. you putting limitless in his place for being a disrespectful little bitch was undeniably a highlight of the season and sparked the rally cry vamos. learning uu in a pinch without hesitation showed how much of a team player you were and you stayed thuggin on skype keeping us all in good spirits, your back and forths with kink were very entertaining. don't slip me that grass knot though! I talked to fayne recently btw. he could've been a smogon great if he tried...

Reymedy: I never want to see you in any tier that isn't bw, ever. you are a fucking terror at it. that game against evuelf (if you're reading this ily btw) was absolutely gorgeous. the preparation you put in makes me feel like a chump in comparison and I liked to think I went in pretty hard myself. when you do play oras keep bringing the innovation, I love seeing it. would retain the fuck out of/10

Go10: I remember when you used to kick my shit in during spl 3, I was not very prepared for cb terrak... but I dodged all the stone edges so hue. it was great seeing you dump on everyone smirking at your record, and there were two games you should've won but didn't because pokemon is amazing. I've always liked your style and approach to the game and it was satisfying seeing you get some deserved results. keep bringing the heat brother

picollo: monstrous gscer and great teammate, always keeping things positive. we made some pretty sick teams this year! marowak + drumlax GOAT. come to worlds yn

49: the first time I heard of you I had just played sugarhigh in dpp and he used the team august and I built during wcop, rose/zong/gar/tran/milo/kou. I mentioned this and he said "no col49 built it" which infuriated me; who did this chimpact-dickriding RU player who probably didn't know the first thing about dpp think he was, claiming a team like that? however when we were desperate for ru I'd seen some of your forum posts and thought hey this guy knows his stuff and you didn't disappoint. it also greatly helped when we learned you were actually trolling the chimpster. you're also forever in my debt for building the team you used in your first win. sr rindo rhyperior, double spikes qwilfish, sd doublade, jolly lo hitmonlee, lo tangrowth, scarf moltres... god that is sexy. anyway keep doin big things, you comma enthusiast

kingofmars: you didn't talk all that much but when you did you were awesome. don't get bad matchups at worlds this year!

sweep: Fairfield county represent ayyyyyy. monstrous uber player whose record doesn't do him justice, all three losses had incredible lameness in them. keep putting in work

giara: nice work man you did great this year. giaramvp for sure.

lutra: you weren't around much but you're a hell of a rbyer despite the incredibly retarded shit that the tier contains.

meridian: your only issue is a lack of confidence. your creativity is through the roof and you've got some nice bw skills. keep it up.

dunk: back from the dead, you weren't as active as we'd have liked but it's just in your blood to be a great uu player. vamos

king uu: your uu knowledge is unparalleled. be patient and your time will come.

malefic: you've got potential, just slow down and think things through a few turns ahead, you'll be fine. believe in yourself.

mack bus: you weren't on much but when you were you were cool and gave the ou guys some nice tests so thanks

psychotic: shame you quit, you have great taste in rap. would've been nice to see how you did but unfortunately nas dragged you down with him like mr. jones' career did post-illmatic

donkey: you were cool, man. I'll see you at uconn sometime

spirit: everyone else has torn into you but I feel it needs to be reiterated that you have a lot of fucking nerve to pull the shit you did and then make such an incredibly rich self-pitying post. to act like you were at all a victim when we had to fucking beg you to even speak to us in the first place requires audacity of the highest level. taking the easy way out and shit talking us behind our backs despite dice's numerous attempts to reach out to you shows what kind of person you are.

Ciele: not a cryo but my favorite person ever. stay brutal

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

go scooters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
crit took away my chance to bring cune back in or stall out last 2 sludge bomb with pressure but can't say i got haxed since he was attacking quite a lot anyway, bound to get one here or there
gg was fun

time to shape up for playoffs lgi falcons kacaw

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
aight, I got jeudy's skype and msg'd him in case he shows up, BUT

unless wolves can provide a sub before I go to sleep, or jeudy shows up, I do believe I am 100% in the right to take the activity win, not a double sub. The main scheduling jeudy and I had over forums here were that he was only available to play saturday or sunday. Yesterday I was on from about 2pm - 8pm his time (GMT-4) and multiple times I asked people to contact him; today I've also been on since 2pm his time up until now. He doesn't go on irc, and none of the wolfpack managers are online atm, so this is really the last option for me to be heard lol

Last edited:

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Lost to Conflict in a special battle for me; the SPL4 & SPL5 sharks tribute battle and almost sure my last battle as a player in a SPL. it was fun friend, gg :)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-41359

About this season... All I wanted when I signed up in mid season was not being bought by Raiders ( 1 tie 3 losses ) but I knew I was gonna be, so after being bought by them I tried to do my best and I met some really good and nice people and really good players, now I can say that even not having done the 5/5 wins I am proud of having been with you guys. I really like every of you but I have to mention Steve Angello and e7e, you guys both were really active, motivated and willing to help every of us at any time so you deserve the most these highlights.

Also a special mention to my old team sharks, I was really sad for not being with you this season guys, this tournament hasn't been the same without you. You were like my pokemon family. It sucked that I couldn't sign up in December :/
The nicks were the 4 historical managers and the 2 veterans who were with me those 2 past seasons :] I wish we were together again in other SPLs! but who knows, its difficult.
I leave this knowing that my last battle this season and who knows in the future is a WIN for THE STARK SHARKS. I don't feel disappointed at all.

GL the remaining teams in play-offs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)