Smogon Doubles Strategies and Teambuilding Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
assisted by KyleCole

Hey everyone, and welcome to the Smogon Doubles Strategies and Teambuilding Thread!

What is the purpose of this thread?

• To share interesting and effective strategies you have used in Smogon Doubles to your fellow Doubles players!
  • To provide tips for newer players who are making their way to the Doubles scene and provide insight for teambuilding.
  • Have fun! It's really cool to see amazing, unique strategies we haven't seen before. Be creative!
Rules:

• When posting a strategy, be sure to provide at least two replays of you using that specific strategy.
  • Include at least two Pokemon (EV's, nature, movesets, item provided) utilized in your strategy.
  • If you have multiple strategies you would like to share, please do not spam this thread with posts one after another. If you have already posted something, let others have an opportunity to share their own strategy first before posting another.
How does this benefit the Smogon Doubles community?

It creates an environment in which beginner to veteran Doubles players have the freedom to show off their intriguing strategies and play-style! It's really amazing to see the creativity incorporated in various Doubles tactics. This thread can also be gateway for new players who are "kicking the tires" of the Smogon Doubles metagame, so that they may get involved and the Doubles community may grow!

EXAMPLE
To kick off this thread, I would like to share a simple strategy that some of you may be familiar with: Safeguard + Swagger. The main purpose of this strategy is to set up Safeguard the first turn, and then use Swagger the second turn on your own physical attacking Pokemon (preferably your sweeper) for a free doubled attack boost without the confusion!

The main Pokemon I use for this strategy are:

Meowstic (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Psychic
- Safeguard
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy ----> Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Note: Sorry, couldn't find Mega-Kangaskhan sprite, lol.

So basically I lead with Meowstic-M and Mega-Kangaskhan, I usually Fake Out a potential threat (such as a Taunt user) with Kang so that Meowstic can set up Safeguard the first turn. The second turn, Meowstic uses Swagger on MegaMom to give it that doubled attack boost and proceed to decimate the opponent's team. :)

By the way, another benefit for setting up priority Safeguard is that Will-O-Wisp's or T-Wave's usually targeted at Mega-Kang will be ineffective. No annoying status moves, how about that? And while Mega-Kangaskhan is sweeping away, Meowstic can either use to T-Wave to cripple faster Pokes that may out-speed some members of my team. STAB Psychic speaks for itself.

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-87910969 (in this replay I used Rock Tomb on Kang, lol. But just focus on the strategy at hand. xD)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-87915784

In conclusion, I hope the doubles community continues to grow here at Smogon. And I hope this thread will be able to contribute to that common goal we all have. :D

Stratos

Banned deucer.
This thread is a clone of laga's thread "cores in doubles." Feel free to repost this core there (though klefki basically 100% outclasses meowstick at safeswag). In the future, check for appropriate threads before creating your own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)