Smogon Classic IX

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

Thanks again to MiniArchitect for the logo!​

Welcome to the ninth Smogon Classic! This tournament celebrates Smogon's and Pokemon's history throughout the years. Players will compete in separate tournaments for the RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP, and BW generations, culminating in a play-off stage where the contestants must play all generations with this amazing trophy on the line:

The format is the same as previous editions and consists of five separate tournaments: The BW Cup, The DPP Cup, The ADV Cup, The GSC Cup, and The RBY Cup. Each tournament is single elimination, best of three. Depending on your performance in a Cup, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Tour (see this for further explanation). When all the Cups have been finished, the sixteen players with the most points will advance to the play-offs. There they will battle in a best of five series until there is one undisputed Smogon Classic champion.

Signups for each Cup will be posted a week after the signups for the previous Cup. Here is the list of the five Cups with the names of the hosts and the dates each signup thread will be posted:

• The BW Cup - Hosted by Lady Salamence - June 19th
  • The DPP Cup - Hosted by Vertigo - June 26th
  • The ADV Cup - Hosted by Kris - July 3rd
  • The GSC Cup - Hosted by susciety - July 10th
  • The RBY Cup - Hosted by false - July 17th
If there are any questions, then you can post in this thread or message me on Discord (merritty). Please do not use this thread as a venue to complain about the format.

Tiering changes to the metagames in this tournament might not immediately affect this tournament the round after they happen.

Please note that replays will be required starting in Round 2 of every Classic Cup.

Have fun and good luck to everyone competing!

Last edited:
Bruh some advanced notice would have been nice… i asked like 2 months ago when this bitch was gonna start to a response of radio silence…

then u post the Cup schedule the same day as bw cup signups???

luckily i saw the sign ups in the thread list today… Smh!!!!

happy classic to all my fellow competitors. I wish u the worst Luck… may all ur focus blasts miss and your mons get crit in the last 5 turns.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Bruh some advanced notice would have been nice… i asked like 2 months ago when this bitch was gonna start to a response of radio silence…

happy classic to all my fellow competitors. I wish u the worst Luck… may all ur focus blasts miss and your mons get crit in the last 5 turns.
My guy the schedule's been up for over 6 months.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/official-tournament-schedule-2023.3712246/

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion

They hate to see a bitch from New jersey WINNING!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)