Smeargle's Laptop General Sprite and Banner Thread

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to request a few sprite banners. Should be as simple as cutting a single sprite (or animated 3DS model if they're easy... lel) and laying it over a banner like Regime's signature. PM me for more information if you're bored and/or want some cart Pokémon for your services!

Hey everyone! Looking to get my trade thread going again after a five year hiatus from the forum and Pokemon in general. I don't know if I'm even in the right sub-forum (hopefully?), but I'm looking to have some brand new banners as the meta has shifted quite a bit since Gen IV. Specifically, I'm looking to have a banner for each region. The only real thing I can offer are credits to anything I have in my upcoming trade thread (each Pokemon is worth 1 credit a piece, so 6 banners = 6 credits). Appreciate any and all help! VM me if you're interested.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to request a Klinklang or Klang gen 5 sprite
or
recolored/edited to match the time gate from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
It'll be greatly appreciated!

wuhoodude

Goodbye Bewear
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi can i request a banner to be made for my very first rmt that I plan on making for a mono normal team that features:
Mega-Lopunny
Swellow
Smeargle
Diggersby
Bewear
Staraptor

I would like the banner to be modeled after the ghostbusters movie poster with either Mega-Sableye or Marshadow (most likely m-sab because marshadow might get banned eventually) inside the red prohibit sign.

upload_2017-7-8_21-40-5.jpeg

It is really easy actually, this is all based on cutting which is the easy part. You will only need Paint for this.

1 - You have to modify the pokemon sprite on Paint, select the whole pokemon sprite and copy / cut it.

2 - You have to modify the trainer sprite on Paint, then you use the selection and you paste the pokemon sprite, make sure to use a large space on paint, you could reduce it after you've realized the fusion.

3 - You got now your trainer, and your pokemon on the same Paint page, you will have to select the pokemon or the Trainer, it will depend if you would like to see the pokemon in front or behind the trainer.

4 - After selecting the pokemon / trainer, you will have to activate the transparent selection option that is available on the selection part.

5 - After that you just move the sprite as you want, and make sure that the colors do not overlap (The colors often overlap above the white)

Here's a little tutorial with pictures, i'm sorry my Paint is in french but it's really easy to understand:

1 - Make sure to modify the two sprites on paint, it's always easier to work like that:

2 - You have to select the trainer or the pokemon sprite with the part which is in red in the first picture, i choosed to select the Hitmonlee in this example:

3 - After that you will have to paste the Hitmonlee sprite on the Trainer sprite, so make sure to take a large place that you can work without any problems:

4 - Now you have to make a fusion, so you will have to activate the transparent selection which is represented in red:

5 - And now you can move the Trainer / Pokemon sprite where you want, be careful to the overlap, if you can't do your sprite without any overlap, you will have to work it on his pixels, you can even rotate the sprite if you want:

+
=

This is basic cutting sprite, pixel art is a little bit more difficult and longer.
and if you use what I use (aseprite) for pixel art, just put what you want in the back on the sprite first, then build your way up until you land at the front! (ok before you say anything, I realized the day that it was posted in 2015. I know. and I feel dumb for it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)