Small Pokedex Enchancement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-0

(*′☉.̫☉)
I imagine that a lot of traffic is generated through people finding smogon's strategy dex. From what I have seen and discussed with a few members on Smogon that they first joined Smogon for the RMT forum.
With Smogon trying to attract more viewers through multiple outlets I can only imagine that the two areas of the site will only gain more traffic.(If the analytic data says otherwise I suppose you can just put less weight on the justification of my idea).

My idea is to add readable formats to the strategy dex(i.e PokemonShowdown imports). This could be implemented in multiple ways such though a text box on the strategy dex entry for every pokemon or it could just be plain text.

The benefits:
1. Makes team building marginally quicker for everyone since the sets used are standard for a reason.

2. Since my suspension is that most people view the stratergy dex before joining it will be good for the community as a whole to get new players more familiar with how the competitive players post/format sets.

3. If successful Mods and team raters can save time worrying about people not posting sets in the right format.

Also since these people look at the strategy dex to build teams direct links to the tutor forum and/or RMT forum would be very appropriate. Before or after the link you could say something like" Want to be a better trainer learn from the best at Battling 101 or Rate My Team subforums. I feel this will make the site feel more interconnected with only a marginal amount of work.

Let me know what you think.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi Player-0, this has been suggested multiple times in the past, but was never quite possible with the site's previous framework. chaos is currently working hard to revamp the entire site (especially the strategydex), and I'm sure he is aware of the utility this feature provides. Even if he didn't, he's tagged in this post and knows now! While I can't provide you with an exact ETA for Smogon's reworked site, I can say that it will be relatively soon. Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)