SM UU Type Cores (Week #8: Psychic, Fighting, Dark)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hs

Banned deucer.
reserving latias / cobalion / absol-mega

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast

I decided to put Latias+Cobalion to start the core, as Latias have a great synergy with Cobalion, once Cobalion is one of the best answers to Sharpedo-Mega and other Dark-types that can threaten Latias, and can deal with Fairies and specially deffensive walls that check Latias very well, such as Altaria-Mega and Blissey. Back, Latias can deal with most bulky Ground- and Water-types that Cobalion suffers to pass through. As the last mon, I chose Absol-Mega, as it can pursuit trap Ghost- and Psychic-types that causes issues for Latias and Cobalion, and Absol takes advantage of the fact that Latias can deal with annoying Fighting-types.

Last edited:

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Krookodile @ Steelium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Iron Tail

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Offensive Core using well-used and loved Mons. Easy Peesy Lemon Squeezy.

While I currently believe that Dragonium Z Latias is the best Lati Set right now, CM LO with HP Fire is the best way to put immediate pressure on Scizor, Gliscor, and Infernape. In fact, at +1, there are only 6 pokemon that are not 2HKOed, and only 3 (Bronzong, Empoleon, and Blissey) are guaranteed 3HKOs. With a good Speed tier and relevant Dragon Typing to boot, Latias puts immediate pressure on a majority of the tier.
Krook follows that up nicely, with access to Pursuit Trapping and Knock Off to put pressure on defensive and utility cores. Access to Corkscrew Crash also gives Krook the ability to lure and eliminate Sylveon, Florges, and Primarina, who otherwise have a field day with the core.
Heracross is the final nail, with Status "immunity" in Guts, alongside one of the hardest hitting STAB combos in the tier: effectively neutering Blissey, Celebi, Sceptile, and Empoleon.

The core itself works best with Wish or Healing Wish support, or on a bulky offensive team with Type redundancy to protect the trinity. Smash face and eliminate Fairy and Steel threats early to pave a path to victory!

Last edited:

Abyssal Ruins

I Cuddle wit the homies at night b4 going to Sleep
is a Tiering Contributor
Since I'm not that active when it comes to project threads, I figured I should post some more in preparation for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Here's a P/F/D core that I enjoy using.

- - -
- - -
Physically Defensive Cresselia + Nasty Plot Infernape + Assault Vest Muk-Alola
Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Toxic

Infernape @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Atk / 44 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

The main star of this core is Nasty Plot Infernape. What makes Nasty Plot Infernape a unique Pokemon to build around is its ability to handle bulkier teams. Most people expect a Choice Band or Choice Scarf Infernape because those are common sets for Infernape, but Nasty Plot can definitely mess with your opponent if they are unprepared for it.

Alolan Muk is a key partner for this particular Infernape set because Infernape needs Pokemon like Latias, Chandelure or Jellicent to be out of the match so that you can break through. A-Muk's typing combined with Assault Vest allows you to come in on those threats that are weak to Infernape and eliminate them. The moves and EVs are up to you.

Cresselia can be seen as an oddity to the core, but I feel like it suits my type of team building style because you have room to play in case you misplay or you're in the back seat. There could have been a Starmie or a Latias in this slot. I just love bulkier Pokemon due to their consistency. Cresselia, in particular, checks physically based attackers like Choice Band Zygarde-10%, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, Cobalion, and more. The speed EVs outspeed Crawdaunt, but you can adjust EVs and opt to run moves like Lunar Dance, Hidden Power Fire for Scizor, or Ice Beam for Gliscor depending on your preferences.

Great partners for this core include Pokemon that can set up hazards and get rid of hazards. Gliscor can be a good option, being able to set up Stealth Rock and U-turn. Scizor can provide good utility. Rotom-Wash can be a really good pivot to lure in Latias so that you can trap it with Alolan Muk and it also has good type synergy. Grounds can be useful as a response to Volt-turn. Because this core doesn't have a Mega slot, you can add one to your team. Clerics or ways of dealing with status can be appreciated.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
lol im bad im so sorry I thought I did this Monday but I didnt. Eeyore won, congratulations. At this point there's no point in starting a new week, as the new meta is being released next week. Thanks to the mods letting me host, and I apologize on how inconsistent I was with doing this project. I really did had a lot of fun though, and I hope everyone else did too!

tagging Hogg to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)