Metagame SM Ubers Sets Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
@ Marshadow discussers

Spectral Thief steals boosts, so it destroys all SD Arceus forms without wow. I think I'll be using CC/spectral thief/shadow sneak/HP ice with life orb. Can't wait to try it out!

The Great Pokémon Master's Heavenly Sun-Eating Lion

SolgaLeomon (Solgaleo) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Sunsteel Strike
- Wild Charge

To make a statement of fairness, Solgaleo is overall an extremely underwhelming Pokémon in my opinion. However, I do believe that its Choice Scarf set has a very small niche in specific stall teams, due to its possession of the following qualities:

1. It can revenge-kill Mega Lucario, a Pokémon which completely decimates almost any stall team without Zygarde-Complete, Will-O-Wisp Giratina or Arceus-Ground, the last of which being extremely hard to justify using in a stall team, since such teams almost always need Arceus-Dark in order to handle Lunala.
2. It prevents a stall team from being swept by a Geomancy + Rest Xerneas if it is the opponent's last Pokémon.
3. It outruns Mega Gengar, which is always nice for a stall team. Since not many people expect Solgaleo, especially one used in a stall team to hold a Choice Scarf, it can even surprise-kill the opponent's Mega Gengar early on in a battle, as can be seen in this replay. This gives the stall team a much easier time for the rest of the battle, as its user can freely utilize their Clefable and other Pokémon which are otherwise easily trapped and eliminated by the Shadow Pokémon.
4. It can knock out Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre with Wild Charge after they have taken some damage, which can be nice as these two Pokémon threaten stall somewhat.
5. It can revenge-kill fast Pokémon which normally give stall trouble, such as Deoxys-A and weakened Mewtwo, which is great especially if they have Taunt.
OK, so I just tweaked your Solgaleo a bit to where it can switch in on a Shadow Ball from Mega Gengar with Stealth Rocks and 2 Layers of Spikes(No one really manages to get up three layers) up on the field. Then after it can out speed(With Scarf of course) and 1HKO M-Gar with either Sunsteel Strike or Earthquake.

The Solgaleo Set:

Solgaleo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz / Crunch (For Lunala)
- Sunsteel Strike
- Wild Charge

Calcs vs Gengar:

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Solgaleo: 288-342 (65 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 2 layers of Spikes
252+ Atk Solgaleo Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gengar: 282-332 (108 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Solgaleo Sunsteel Strike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gengar: 280-331 (107.2 - 126.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That's What I have thus far. I also agree, it does help out in Stall Teams as the Pokemon you have mentioned are a bit troublesome. Also the Crunch on this Solgaleo is for Lunala, if you were to have Stealth Rocks on the opposing side of the field. I also feel as if Scarf Solgaleo could be a decent Revenge Killer in general, but as you did mention, it is VERY underwhelming.

Just a friendly reminder to all those saying there is no point in Will - o - wisp on Marshadow (sorry for bringing it back up, it's annoying reading these comments): Swords Dance Arceus formes are not the only physical attackers in the tier. I KNOW Spectral Thief steals boosts, but suppose they can OHKO you UNBOOSTED and take any hit from you? Pokemon that spring to my mind are Solgaleo, Mega Mewtwo X (if we ever see the poor bastard again), Mega Salamence (watch for Facade), and allows you to do something meaningful to scarf Lando T if you get it on the switch. SD Arceus formes do so much to Marshadow unboosted anyway, and can put it in range of fainting by life orb recoil after one hit, playing around spectral thief. Will - o - wisp forces your opponent's SD arceus to switch or be crippled and deal a measly amount of damage, whereas merely clicking Spectral thief will get you EQd, for example, if they have no boosts. Bare in mind Spectral thief STILL STEALS ATTACK BOOSTS OF A BURNED Pokemon, and it means they have to either run refresh or swords dance more agressively in future (once burned) to get any meaningful play from the sweeper, which can be taken advantage of by Marshadow if he is still alive. A small side note: banded Ray's dragon ascent still kills when burned, I think.

I am aware this is more of a rant than a reasonable argument, but I feel people missed the point in will - o - wisp.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Just a friendly reminder to all those saying there is no point in Will - o - wisp on Marshadow (sorry for bringing it back up, it's annoying reading these comments): Swords Dance Arceus formes are not the only physical attackers in the tier. I KNOW Spectral Thief steals boosts, but suppose they can OHKO you UNBOOSTED and take any hit from you? Pokemon that spring to my mind are Solgaleo, Mega Mewtwo X (if we ever see the poor bastard again), Mega Salamence (watch for Facade), and allows you to do something meaningful to scarf Lando T if you get it on the switch. SD Arceus formes do so much to Marshadow unboosted anyway, and can put it in range of fainting by life orb recoil after one hit, playing around spectral thief. Will - o - wisp forces your opponent's SD arceus to switch or be crippled and deal a measly amount of damage, whereas merely clicking Spectral thief will get you EQd, for example, if they have no boosts. Bare in mind Spectral thief STILL STEALS ATTACK BOOSTS OF A BURNED Pokemon, and it means they have to either run refresh or swords dance more agressively in future (once burned) to get any meaningful play from the sweeper, which can be taken advantage of by Marshadow if he is still alive. A small side note: banded Ray's dragon ascent still kills when burned, I think.

I am aware this is more of a rant than a reasonable argument, but I feel people missed the point in will - o - wisp.
Solgaleo - The only mon where I think you have a case because Spectral doesn't OHKO from full unless it's boosted it's Atk so maybe Wisp would be ok here. Thief doesn't need tons of dmg to KO though so idt this is that important.
Mega Mewtwo X - Outspeeds so you either Sneak if you fear it has the Psy move if it doesn't why wouldn't you just Spectral Thief it?
Mence, Scarf Lando-T, Rayquaza - HP Ice does this, Mence is especially important because if you burn a Facade Mence while it dances, you're in a whole heap of trouble.
On the note of Swords Dance Arcs, wisp only really helps vs Arc-Ground I feel, you have the STAB SE move to deal with Arc-Ghost and ekiller although it's worth noting Life Orb Thief doesn't OHKO Ghosty from full(75% to OHKO after rox). Based on all of this put together, I still feel it's more than valid people are seeing HP Ice as the more likely option that Marshadow will run.

On the note of this thread becoming kind of gimmicky, I'm finding it hard to be inspired to build creatively when Mega Gengar turns 80% of the tier into a 60-40 coinflip in it's favour with precious little counterplay, I'm honestly sick of playing vs the thing.

Also Muk whacks Psychic spam and Gar better than oranguru, especially since it gets Pursuit
I've been using Alolan Muk quite a bit lately and it isn't half-bad, being able to pursuit trap Psychic-types and Ghost-types, which are very prevalent as of right now. Poison Touch is a HUGE bonus for Muk so that it can punish Pdon switching in. Not only that but it isn't 2HKO'd by Xerneas' Moonblast and can be used as a switch-in if you're in a pinch and Muk is healthy.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot / Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

AV is the best set that I've used so far and generally is the most efficient set in most games. Muk can eat quite a few hits with AV and retaliate back with a strong hit. You can Jab can be used over Gunk if you hate missing or just aren't as lucky as Pohjis. Sneak is there to hit pick off weakened mons or something like Deo-A if Psychic Terrain isn't up, but can really be Explosion or any filler move you want.

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam

this is the best celesteela set by far. you beat mence 1v1 and check a wide variety of things such as psyspam and non fire move don. toxic leech let you widdle down teams fairly quick as does tect. heavy slam is the main stab.

Arceus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force

ghostceus with z move to just obliterate teams:
+2 252 Atk Arceus-Ghost Never-Ending Nightmare vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 306-360 (71.8 - 84.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
this set differs from ariis because its actually max speed ghostceus, which you need for anything (i assumed arii thought it kept being ekiller but thats not the case)

money trees (Arceus-Grass) @ Meadow Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

no i wont drink bleach dice.
this set is actually really nice vs most cores nowadays and can break down teams for a late game z xern sweep quite easily. gk for a powerful stab, ib nails dragons and flyers, ep nails steels like leo and gar and se kills ho-oh.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankubers-482866806 was able to lure pdon and ho oh for z xern but he was roar gira-o lol...
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankubers-482364999 grassceus actually gets 4 kills vs aurora.

Solgaleo (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 112 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Morning Sun
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

takes 2 +2 xern moonblasts from full.
toxic is just rlly nice bc u force so much out to pressure stuff
sun for recovery
eq and strike as main atks
56 spe evs are for outspeeding 36 spe z xern to prevent it from getting the +1 def in a 1v1 situation

Lunala (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast

max def possible, while outspeeding base 70s by 1 point, outspeeds adamant xca by 1 point, outspeeds smeargle by 1 point while avoiding 2hko from 252+ pdon with shield in tact. does 40 ish in response to pdon

thanks okay for helping w evs

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Psych Up
- Judgment
- Earth Power / Ice Beam

able to 1v1 z xern reliably
+3 24 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Poison: 186-219 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+3 8 SpA Toxic Plate Arceus-Poison Judgment vs. +3 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 308-366 (70.1 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Darkrai still has it

Darkrai @ Psychium Z
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Hypnosis
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb / Thunder

Being forced to run Hypnosis as your best sleep move gives Darkrai the new option of running Z move on it, which gives it +1 Spe. Basically, you can now run what is the equivalent of SubSalac Darkrai without having to gimp yourself down to 25% and losing a move of coverage to Substitute, in exchange for a 60/40 coinflip in Hypnosis. Overall, that's probably a very good trade. As for moveset, you'd use basically the same as in ORAS/XY, you can even use Focus Blast if you really want to hit Tyranitar.

Blissey @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Nature: Calm
- Snatch
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy / Wish
- Softboiled

I'll leave aside the jokes about Blissey's snatch, and I'll leave it to someone better than me to come up with the definitive Gen 7 Stall Team. But I think this is the best set for Blissey in this current metagame. You need Snatch to defeat CM/Refresh Arceus forms. I like Aromatherapy to save my teammates from Sleep and Poison, and it works better if you're running Resttalkers. If not, you can always run Wish. Softboiled for healing, though Protect is an option alongside Wish.

In terms of team options, you obviously want Primal Groudon, which checks a ton of things - including Poison and Steel Arceus, whom Blissey can't beat. Blissey also takes the pressure off Primal Groudon to check Xerneas. Finally, it allows Primal Groudon to use Rest to stay healthy, or you can pass Wishes to it!

I've been using Blissey on a defensive/balance team similar to user calais' Yveltal/Aegislash Balance team here. My team is:

PDef Yveltal / SDef Aegislash / SDef P-Groudon / SDef Blissey / PDef Cro-Zygarde-C / Support Fairceus

Last edited:
Zygarde-Complete @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Substitute

I've been testing around with coil and dragon dance builds and I am liking the Dragon Dance build a lot. Even without Coil, Zygards defense is strong enough to take most physical moves, even super effective ones, so I figured Dance would suit him a lot better. With 152 speed evs, Zygard can outspeed timid base 130's with one Dragon Dance, namely Mewtwo and Mega-Gengar. Subtitute helps zygard get into complete form more safely and protects against status moves. Rest and Chesto are the icing on the cake, filling Zygard back up to full and making him immediately a threat again.

252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Zygarde: 195-231 (30.6 - 36.3%) -- 55.1% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Zygarde: 227-269 (35.6 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Zygarde: 265-313 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO(I'm trying to adjust for the aerilate nerf, my math might be wrong, feel free to correct me)
252+ Atk Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Zygarde: 153-183 (24 - 28.7%) -- 98.2% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 261-308 (41 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 474-560 (74.5 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 576-680 (90.5 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Arceus Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 428-504 (67.2 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Gengar was one of the most troubling things for Zygard, but with the DD up, you can outspeed and kill it, paving the way for a early or midgame sweep. Strong icebeams and fairy types will be Zygards kryptonite, taunt and phazing will also be annoying.

Despite those downsides, I think Zygard Complete adds a lot to the ubers metagame, checking so many strong physical mons like Arcues/Groudon/Salamance while also being able to deal major damage to things that "counter it".

Last edited:

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

So with Lugia dead and support arceus being a little more vulnerable because of mega gengar this thing can do a better job of nuking things then it could before. Draco Meteor can one shot pdon after stealth rock and easily one shots zygarde. Dragon's Ascent + Espeed will KO arceus lacking hp investment without stealth rocks, and those with hp investment will die with a bit of prior damage. V-create is supposed to kill of steel types that can switch into you, but it feels like they've grown a little rare :/.

It's actually not half bad, and it's speedy enough to be faster then stuff like rash yveltal. Maybe a spread that maximizes attack is better but Draco meteor will loose power.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fun mons

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers / Terrain Extender
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
- Defog
- Protect / Moonblast / Grass Knot
- Nature's Madness
- Shadow Ball / Moonblast

For some weird reason this mon gets Defog, so you may as well use it. The main attraction of this thing is obviously Misty Terrain, which makes everyone status immune for 5-8 turns. This makes certain setup Pokemon very happy, eg Ekiller, SD P Don (Waterceus now cannot touch it), GeoXern and a few others. Not only that, but Tapu Fini itself can check stuff like Yveltal, as well pivoting into P Ogre so P Don can come back in safely. Since this thing doesn't get Rest (even if it did get Rest I don't think you can use it since status immune anyway), Leftovers + Protect is the best thing you can have for recovery. If you want, you can always use Terrain Extender but then Tapu Fini won't last as long. NM is the only way you're going to hit P Don properly since Toxic can't hit it in Misty Terrain. As for last move, Shadow Ball is your only defense against Gengar, but if you don't really mind, just use Moonblast so you can hit Ygod.

Lunala @ Salac Berry
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast

Pretty self explanatory. Make sure you use that 4 HP tho, since you need them to get your HP divisible by 4. Being immune to ES is nice.

EDIT:

Anyway just played around with Tapu Fini a bit more, and if you don't need Defog, you can just use the following:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Protect / Nature's Madness

Seeing as how specially bulky Tapu Fini is, you tank Gengar's Sludge Wave pretty well. Here's some calcs:
Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs +1 Tapu Fini: 44.31% - 53.06%
Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs +2 Tapu Fini: 33.82% - 40.23%
+2 Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs Mega Gengar: 90.04% - 106.13%

With this set, you can also easily defeat Yveltal and Darkceus. Protect is still preferred in last slot for the recovery (which lets you take on Gengar better), but NM gives you something to hit Groudon with.

Last edited:
Speaking of Ray sets here's a gimmick:

Rayquaza @ Flynium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake

Yep it's Tailwind again. If SD Ray still exists later in the meta this might be a fun lure. Z-Tailwind is pretty gimmicky but +1 crit chance and double Speed for 3 turns isn't a bad trade off, which gives Ray slightly more power than LO would with Tailwind which ignores stat boosts. If Tailwind isn't needed you can always SD then Supersonic Skystrike to melt anything that isn't a resist and not get the stat drop from Dragon Ascent (not that it matters lol). Since support arc and Lugia aren't as common this set is a bit more viable.

tl;dr it's slightly more powerful than LO SD Ray and gives Tailwind sets a lot more versatility and cleaning potential but you lose to defensive Zygarde period.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

So with Lugia dead and support arceus being a little more vulnerable because of mega gengar this thing can do a better job of nuking things then it could before. Draco Meteor can one shot pdon after stealth rock and easily one shots zygarde. Dragon's Ascent + Espeed will KO arceus lacking hp investment without stealth rocks, and those with hp investment will die with a bit of prior damage. V-create is supposed to kill of steel types that can switch into you, but it feels like they've grown a little rare :/.

It's actually not half bad, and it's speedy enough to be faster then stuff like rash yveltal. Maybe a spread that maximizes attack is better but Draco meteor will loose power.
I edited this set a bit to look like this:

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 Atk / 220 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

You still achieve the OHKO on no-bulk Pdon after rocks as you originally intended while now being able to outpace positive 90s such as Timid Pogre/Dpulse Pdon and Jolly Band Ho-Oh. Also 29 IVs in HP for minimum LO recoil.

shrang

General Kenobi
Prankster can't affect Yveltal now? No problemo!

Klekfi @ Leftovers / Fairium Z
Ability: Prankster
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon / Spikes / Toxic

This thing is dank af. If you can't status Yveltal any more, you've got to take out the next best option, which is to just straight up kill it. Prankster still lets you use priority that only affect yourself and/or Spikes against Dark types normally, so you can CM in the big black bird's face and eat it for breakfast. While it's weak, given how large HP stats are for Ubers, Draining Kiss is still a relatively reliable way of healing off passive damage. T-wave is still mandatory as it can still save you from a potential GeoXern sweep. Flash Cannon can let you defeat Xerneas more easily (if they try to Geo some more after paralysis), but Spikes still gives Klefki some support options. Toxic is fine in last slot too to get those Donner switch-ins. As for item, Leftovers is obviously best, but Fairium Z decreases Knock Off damage and lets you take out some more HP with first hit, which is nice.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
zygarde-complete.gif

Zygarde-Complete @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed / Glare / Dragon Tail
- Rest

Cool set I have been running on my HO teams, this set is really good on setting up on physical attackers such as Solgaleo and Primal Groudon with ease due to Zygarde-C's incredible bulk. I am using RestoChesto to ensure that Zygarde transforms safely into its broken form and also helps cure status like burn and toxic which would otherwise really annoy this set. Extreme Speed is kinda expandable and could be replaced by something else like Substitute, I just like it to pick off Scarfers who would want to revenge kill (besides Lunala ofc).

Edit: I think Dragon Tail is the best option for the third slot as it allows Zygarde to beat out other phazers. Thanks for pointing that out Shrang.

Last edited:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Assuming that bulky Lunala/Solageo sets become popular, Hoopa-U could find itself with a modicum of life breathed into it this gen(because lord knows it likely won't get past C+ unless some metagame breakthrough happens) after it's miserable time in ORAS. Even unboosted, both get 2HKOd at worst depending on investment by Dark Pulse. Interestingly, if boosted it can also break through the behemoth that is Complete Zygarde, which can't outspeed a Modest Hoopa-U without 212 EVs in Speed minimum(or 124 and a boosting nature), which cuts into it's magnificent bulk and makes killing it easier. Maybe there's reason to look into it again, if just a little.

Prankster can't affect Yveltal now? No problemo!

Klekfi @ Leftovers / Fairium Z
Ability: Prankster
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon / Spikes / Toxic

This thing is dank af. If you can't status Yveltal any more, you've got to take out the next best option, which is to just straight up kill it. Prankster still lets you use priority that only affect yourself and/or Spikes against Dark types normally, so you can CM in the big black bird's face and eat it for breakfast. While it's weak, given how large HP stats are for Ubers, Draining Kiss is still a relatively reliable way of healing off passive damage. T-wave is still mandatory as it can still save you from a potential GeoXern sweep. Flash Cannon can let you defeat Xerneas more easily (if they try to Geo some more after paralysis), but Spikes still gives Klefki some support options. Toxic is fine in last slot too to get those Donner switch-ins. As for item, Leftovers is obviously best, but Fairium Z decreases Knock Off damage and lets you take out some more HP with first hit, which is nice.
how does cm help u beat yveltal at all? it can just attack, whittle on the swap, and switch out. no yveltal is gonna let u cm then attack it. this removes your ability to effectively gimp defog arceus, hit xern for more dmg, and threaten groudon at all. even arc-dark comes down to a losing cm war. i just don't see the purpose for this.

To make matters worse for Klefki, Z-Draining Kiss at +1 doesn't even have a decent chance to OHKO 132 HP variants of Yveltal after Stealth Rock, and would just fail to do so vs Defensive Yveltal:

+1 0 SpA Klefki Twinkle Tackle (100 BP) vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 272-324 (63.8 - 76%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

If you wanted to use Fairium-Z on Klefki for raw power, you would have to run Dazzling Gleam, but then there goes the recovery option unless you, for some reason, run Draining Kiss alongside it, which is bad.

I also fail to see how any decent player would allow an opposing Klefki to gain multiple boosts when they could just force it out with Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh or even Solgaleo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)