Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition V2 - Round 19: Stakataka (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
Voting is over, and écarlate wins with Team 1!

Round 7:
Mega Diancie has arguably made the strongest impact of all of the new megas, so this round will be focused on making the strongest team with it. This round will last until Monday, August 21st, happy building!

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earth Power

I built this team around Diancie + Tapu Bulu. Tapu Bulu checks Ash Greninja, Tapu Koko, Dugtrio, Garchomp, Lando (not Flyinium)... While Diancie checks Pinsir. Then I chose Heatran to help with Celesteela and Magearna. The team was so weak to Duggy so I decided to choose Mantine as my next pokemon because it checks a lot of things and can run defog. After it I chose Landorus Therian because I didn't have an electric immunity and Intimidate helps a lot. The glue of the team was Ferrothorn because the team didn't have a good steel defensive type to check LeleZam por Latios. Ferro was the best option because it helps with spikes, so MDiancie and Bulu can sweep easier.

All the sets are pretty standard with the excepción of Lando. It runs the scarf because I didn't have good speed control and with the scarf ir checks better LeleZam and can put rocks always first. Also it could win a lot of battles on the late game thanks to its scarf.

Haven't posted in this thread yet, but I really like M-diancie so here goes!

Carbink-EX (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Atlas (Volcarona) (M) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Top Bull (Tapu Bulu) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer

SCRAMjet (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick

Severus (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 56 Atk / 104 SpD / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute

Teddy West Side (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover

Having played around with Diancie a lot in late ORAS, I immediately wanted to partner it with a 'mon that appreciates Magic Bounce + a way to deal with Flying types: Volcarona. The support Diancie offers this thing is pretty great since it always beats Pinsir 1v1, defeats Heatran and 2HKO's Toxapex with Earth Power and 2HKO's Unaware Clef after Rocks. HP Fire/Endeavor seemed unappealing and since Diancie scares out a lot of mons it's a pretty nice SRocker. Volcarona in return deals with stuff like Ferro, Tangrowth, Celesteela, Skarm and acts as a soft check to M-venu, which Diancie all can't really touch with this set.

As an offensive core this duo is really solid, though it has some exploitable weaknesses to stuff like Scarf Keldeo, Scarf Chomp, Lando (always survives Moonblast) and A-gren, amonst others. This is where Bulu comes in. I knew I was gonna use it as a pivot for incoming attacks, so I went with an AV set that outspeeds defensive Heatran and Rotom-W and max speed Azu and A-wak (SEdge has a chance to OHKO). This set can take pretty much any attack from the previously mentioned scarfers, gives A-gren a really hard time to transform, deals with other Tapus and with Water types in general. Grassy Terrain also is a godsend for both Diancie and Volcarona.

M-venu seemed like too much of an issue at this point and I still needed a way to remove hazards so Scarf Latios was a logical choice that helps with both the offense and blob matchup if needed. It also has some defensive synergy with Diancie. Not much else to add here.

Next for the Zygarde set: the team needed a secondary wincon as Volcarona isn't the bulkiest and some Balance teams still troubled me. This Sub + Double Dance set is a cool compromise that I've wanted to try for a while now since apparently noone expects something like SubCoil anymore. It improves the team's matchup against both offensive and bulkier teams. 188 HP EV's let it make 101 HP subs to set up on Chansey, 56 Atk Adamant reliably kills Magearna at +1, the speed EV's let it outspeed everyting up to A-gren at +1 and the rest is dumped in SpD which lets it do things like keep the sub intact vs 252 SpA Heatran's EPower more than 55% of the time and M-venu's Giga Drain. This thing is really awesome to set up on stuff like defensive Celesteela or Ferrothorn when Volc is down or can't switch in.

The last slot was quite hard to fill, but Gastrodon eventually turned out to be the best fit. Bulu can get overwhelmed against teams that pack multiple threats to Diancie/Volc and having and additional water resist + something that just shuts down Magearna, Koko and Rain has proven really valuable.

https://pokepast.es/0a0b945a3b46f6cc

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Psyshock

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Keldeo @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Ferrothorn (M) @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick
This team is centered on the synergy between M-Diancie and Chandelure. M-Diancie helps keeps Stealth Rocks off the field for Chandelure, while Chandelure pressures steel types which will commonly check M-Diancie (Celesteela, Magearna etc..). Coverage on both is pretty standard, minus Psyshock on M-Diancie which is primarily used to pressure M-Venusaur which is crucial for Keldeo to break through many teams.

Fightium-Z CM Keldeo is a cool set and it shares many checks with Diancie (Toxapex, Gastrodon, M-Venu, etc..), allowing one to break for the other.

Ferrothorn provides the team with SR and a strong defensive backbone to fall back on. Chople berry is key to improve the matchup against strong fighting types who can otherwise be a problem.

This particular Lando set was added to improve the match-up against stall as dugtrio is usually able to trap Diancie and Keldeo cannot reliable break stall on its own. Also provides intimidate, ground-immunity etc..

Scarf Latios proves speed control and defog, checks things the team was otherwise weak to (Keldeo), and can trick things which is always useful.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Mega Diancie is one of the best megas in the current SuMo metagame rn. I decided to use HP Ice on this diancie set considering the rest of my team handles Ferrothorn and Scizor Pretty well and having a nice check to offensive lando that isn't scarf is nice. Z Fly Lando just pairs amazingly checking all the steels and hitting mega venusaur and tangrowth. General defensive core of celesteela, toxapex, tangrowth which generally checks most things in the metagame. scarf tapu lele for nice speed control as well as gren and mega diancie check. Enjoy :]

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 132 HP / 192 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Everybody here is going for standard boring balance team, so here is my Diancie-Mega offense team. I started with the DragMag + Diancie core. Then Landorus-T and Greninja-Ash fit well on offensive team. I chose Z-Greninja because I don't like specs on offensive teams, you can lose a lot of momentum. Finally Infernape is the Scarfer of the team and forms a VoltTurn core with Landorus-T and Magnezone. Knock Off Landorus-T + Magnezone annoys stall, Latios + Mag + Landorus-T is useful against stall and Diancie Rock polish helps against offense.

Eclipse

is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been on a teambuilding spree now that I have more time on my hands:

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Nature Power

Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 88 Atk / 200 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

I haven't seen any team feature the core of Diancie+Koko yet, which is suprising as I feel that it is one of Diancie's very best partners for breaking past CelePex due to Nature Power. Standard 4 Attacks Diancie paired up with Supersonic Skystrike Koko which is a fire set which I wanted to use to break past Venusaur, thereby fucking CeleVenuPex even further. Don't mind the fucked up EVs, theyre designed to give me the most reliable chance of OHKOing defensive Venusaur after Tbolt and Rocks damage. Next up is fast Rocks Mew with Volt Switch + Ice Beam (one of my favorite combos on Mew nowadays). Ash Gren appreciates the assistance Diancie+Koko give them in terms of dealing with annoying shit like CeleVenuPex and is the team's main cleaner. Band Zygarde helps alleviate matchup issues with stall, and finally a random Celesteela cause no ground resist = x. Also it's the team's mandatory water resist, cause who needs those. Team gets fucked hard by Ash Gren but that mon's broken so lul.

Last edited:

Eclipse

is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright time to get to voting:

Team 1

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 44 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earth Power

I built this team around Diancie + Tapu Bulu. Tapu Bulu checks Ash Greninja, Tapu Koko, Dugtrio, Garchomp, Lando (not Flyinium)... While Diancie checks Pinsir. Then I chose Heatran to help with Celesteela and Magearna. The team was so weak to Duggy so I decided to choose Mantine as my next pokemon because it checks a lot of things and can run defog. After it I chose Landorus Therian because I didn't have an electric immunity and Intimidate helps a lot. The glue of the team was Ferrothorn because the team didn't have a good steel defensive type to check LeleZam por Latios. Ferro was the best option because it helps with spikes, so MDiancie and Bulu can sweep easier.

All the sets are pretty standard with the excepción of Lando. It runs the scarf because I didn't have good speed control and with the scarf ir checks better LeleZam and can put rocks always first. Also it could win a lot of battles on the late game thanks to its scarf.

Team 2

Carbink-EX (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Atlas (Volcarona) (M) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Top Bull (Tapu Bulu) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer

SCRAMjet (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick

Severus (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 56 Atk / 104 SpD / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute

Teddy West Side (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover

Having played around with Diancie a lot in late ORAS, I immediately wanted to partner it with a 'mon that appreciates Magic Bounce + a way to deal with Flying types: Volcarona. The support Diancie offers this thing is pretty great since it always beats Pinsir 1v1, defeats Heatran and 2HKO's Toxapex with Earth Power and 2HKO's Unaware Clef after Rocks. HP Fire/Endeavor seemed unappealing and since Diancie scares out a lot of mons it's a pretty nice SRocker. Volcarona in return deals with stuff like Ferro, Tangrowth, Celesteela, Skarm and acts as a soft check to M-venu, which Diancie all can't really touch with this set.

As an offensive core this duo is really solid, though it has some exploitable weaknesses to stuff like Scarf Keldeo, Scarf Chomp, Lando (always survives Moonblast) and A-gren, amonst others. This is where Bulu comes in. I knew I was gonna use it as a pivot for incoming attacks, so I went with an AV set that outspeeds defensive Heatran and Rotom-W and max speed Azu and A-wak (SEdge has a chance to OHKO). This set can take pretty much any attack from the previously mentioned scarfers, gives A-gren a really hard time to transform, deals with other Tapus and with Water types in general. Grassy Terrain also is a godsend for both Diancie and Volcarona.

M-venu seemed like too much of an issue at this point and I still needed a way to remove hazards so Scarf Latios was a logical choice that helps with both the offense and blob matchup if needed. It also has some defensive synergy with Diancie. Not much else to add here.

Next for the Zygarde set: the team needed a secondary wincon as Volcarona isn't the bulkiest and some Balance teams still troubled me. This Sub + Double Dance set is a cool compromise that I've wanted to try for a while now since apparently noone expects something like SubCoil anymore. It improves the team's matchup against both offensive and bulkier teams. 188 HP EV's let it make 101 HP subs to set up on Chansey, 56 Atk Adamant reliably kills Magearna at +1, the speed EV's let it outspeed everyting up to A-gren at +1 and the rest is dumped in SpD which lets it do things like keep the sub intact vs 252 SpA Heatran's EPower more than 55% of the time and M-venu's Giga Drain. This thing is really awesome to set up on stuff like defensive Celesteela or Ferrothorn when Volc is down or can't switch in.

The last slot was quite hard to fill, but Gastrodon eventually turned out to be the best fit. Bulu can get overwhelmed against teams that pack multiple threats to Diancie/Volc and having and additional water resist + something that just shuts down Magearna, Koko and Rain has proven really valuable.

Team 3

https://pokepast.es/0a0b945a3b46f6cc

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Psyshock

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Keldeo @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Ferrothorn (M) @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick
This team is centered on the synergy between M-Diancie and Chandelure. M-Diancie helps keeps Stealth Rocks off the field for Chandelure, while Chandelure pressures steel types which will commonly check M-Diancie (Celesteela, Magearna etc..). Coverage on both is pretty standard, minus Psyshock on M-Diancie which is primarily used to pressure M-Venusaur which is crucial for Keldeo to break through many teams.

Fightium-Z CM Keldeo is a cool set and it shares many checks with Diancie (Toxapex, Gastrodon, M-Venu, etc..), allowing one to break for the other.

Ferrothorn provides the team with SR and a strong defensive backbone to fall back on. Chople berry is key to improve the matchup against strong fighting types who can otherwise be a problem.

This particular Lando set was added to improve the match-up against stall as dugtrio is usually able to trap Diancie and Keldeo cannot reliable break stall on its own. Also provides intimidate, ground-immunity etc..

Scarf Latios proves speed control and defog, checks things the team was otherwise weak to (Keldeo), and can trick things which is always useful.

Team 4

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Mega Diancie is one of the best megas in the current SuMo metagame rn. I decided to use HP Ice on this diancie set considering the rest of my team handles Ferrothorn and Scizor Pretty well and having a nice check to offensive lando that isn't scarf is nice. Z Fly Lando just pairs amazingly checking all the steels and hitting mega venusaur and tangrowth. General defensive core of celesteela, toxapex, tangrowth which generally checks most things in the metagame. scarf tapu lele for nice speed control as well as gren and mega diancie check. Enjoy :]

Team 5

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 132 HP / 192 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Everybody here is going for standard boring balance team, so here is my Diancie-Mega offense team. I started with the DragMag + Diancie core. Then Landorus-T and Greninja-Ash fit well on offensive team. I chose Z-Greninja because I don't like specs on offensive teams, you can lose a lot of momentum. Finally Infernape is the Scarfer of the team and forms a VoltTurn core with Landorus-T and Magnezone. Knock Off Landorus-T + Magnezone annoys stall, Latios + Mag + Landorus-T is useful against stall and Diancie Rock polish helps against offense.

Team 6

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Nature Power

Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 88 Atk / 200 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

I haven't seen any team feature the core of Diancie+Koko yet, which is suprising as I feel that it is one of Diancie's very best partners for breaking past CelePex due to Nature Power. Standard 4 Attacks Diancie paired up with Supersonic Skystrike Koko which is a fire set which I wanted to use to break past Venusaur, thereby fucking CeleVenuPex even further. Don't mind the fucked up EVs, theyre designed to give me the most reliable chance of OHKOing defensive Venusaur after Tbolt and Rocks damage. Next up is fast Rocks Mew with Volt Switch + Ice Beam (one of my favorite combos on Mew nowadays). Ash Gren appreciates the assistance Diancie+Koko give them in terms of dealing with annoying shit like CeleVenuPex and is the team's main cleaner. Band Zygarde helps alleviate matchup issues with stall, and finally a random Celesteela cause no ground resist = x. Also it's the team's mandatory water resist, cause who needs those. Team gets fucked hard by Ash Gren but that mon's broken so lul.

Voting will last until Friday, August 25th!

Eclipse

is a Contributor Alumnus
Team 1 by Hicron wins this round, congrats!

Round 8:

Mega Latias has been seeing success as a strong bulky wincon mainly in part due to its threatening CM Stored Power set, but it also makes use of a strong utility set due to its defensive typing and bulk. The goal for this round will be to build a team with Mega Latias. This round will end on Friday, September 1st, good luck!

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

just some fat spikestacking stuff- cofag stops spin + takes on things like mega lop which can be annoying. shuriken ninja bc i needed the prio, yea thats it. i considered putting bisharp for defog and shit but i didnt like it, throw over tang if u wanna wtv. runnin shift gear over av magearna although av helps with fini/keld so u can run that if u want but i didnt think i needed it with tang.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)