SM OU Teambuilding Competition Round 12: Alakazam (Building Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna close voting for once. BlazeLatias isn't here to snipe me week after week.
The winner of this round is Team 6 belonging to user Gondra (rip i cant count sorry) sedertz .

This week's Pokemon for you to build with is;

Primarina.

I'm lowkey trying to steal some teams so build some good ones.

Building ends May 11th.

Last edited:

Jayphoenix

Banned deucer.
Sexual.

Importable.
Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Tail / EQ
- Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Fire
- Earthquake

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Description.
It is clear that Primarina has been at the competitive level the most benefited of the initials. Obtains a double type or very good combination offensively. Thanks to that it covers many things like spam Dark, Fire, Fighting and Dragon immunity. It also has good atk esp and is bulky. For many common threats like Latios, Heatran, Keldeo or Weavile among others. Maybe the bad thing is his poor speed, but something had to flinch. I honestly think that your best set is the Specs if you want to take advantage of the maximum. I guess it will be viable other versions with Scarf or Expert Belt like that. Of the movements the highlight is HP Fire, because if you want to do something vs Ferrothorn comes well. The rest is pure stab move water + fairy. Charizard X is probably my favorite mega of the tier. You can not ask for more, good double offensive type and it covers Primarina of electrical type threats. Well, Dragon Dance is the excellence to increase your physical attack and speed. Apart from being able to surprise or overcome pokémon that lean on Scarf. EQ is an interesting option for Heatran, but I decided in this set and team that fits better without him. So DClaw for stab + Flare Blitz for higher power thinking in steels type like Celesteela, Ferro or Skarmory. Roost for a long time. We give way to the pokémon with z move, in this case Waterium z hydro vortex. I found it quirky and it was also great. Scolipede can be a great wallbreacker. He is a pokémon that can play several papers, is like an abanic. He presumes to have access to EQ to defend himself against Heatran or Tapu Koko. It is also the terror of the fairies with their Poison Tail + Megahorn for Mew + Latios and company. His double type helps a lot offensively as does his attack cover. LandorusT, one of the most used pokémon in OU. No wonder, good is always used. Finally, taking Scolipede Z decided that LandoT occupied Rocky Helmet, since it is another viable option for SR spam. As for moves, EQ per stab, HP Ice because it scratches good damage against dragons or other LandoT. Uturn to control the battle and the moment. Tangrowth in this metagame has become very important. I honestly am glad, it is good pokémon with a good ability as a method of recovery. I thought it necessary to cover something like Tapu Koko, Greninja (Ash), etc. Between the two HP that is recommended, I take it Fire to prove it like this, I see it more necessary. Gigadrain by stab + recover some life points. Knock Off to disable bulky things and EQ so Heatran does not have it that easy. Last but not least, you will find Zapdos, the team defogger. Immunity to Ground and excellent defensive type. Counter or Check of many things to keep in mind, as can be MScizor, Kartana, TornadusT, Mpinsir and so on until a long list. Turning to the subject of the moves, Disharge stab and has high percentage of power to paralyze the opponent 30%. Heat Wave For all annoying and seen MScizor, Scizor or Ferrothorn. Roost because without it would not be what it is, allows it to last longer. Defog to support the team especially my mega since it does not fit very well Stealth Rock to enter.

Last edited:
Listen to the Sirens

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Punch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Primarina is an awesome pokemon, the only GSI that it has is Chansey lol. It has a very good movepool and break all with Specs set. I chose Zard X as a partner because it covers Primarina from Electric Types and Primarina helps Zard breaking Lando and other pokemons so Zard can sweep more easily. The next pokemom I selected is Landorus, it helps with rocks and with other Landos, it's the best pokemon. Then I included one of the best pokemon in the Tier, in my opinion, which is Mew. Mew is absolutely awesome. It checks all physical threats such as Zygarde (with Ice Beam), MMawile or MMedicham, it's simply awesome. It also is the defogger of the team, it's necessary due to Zard is very weak to Hazards. The next pokemon was Garchomp to check Volcarona. It also helps with Koko and it revnge kills some pokemons. The last pokemon is Gengar, I chose it because I didn't have any answer against stall and Gengar Scarf Trick was a pretty nice option which is good for the team.

The EV spread of Primarina is to outspeed normal MMawile and the other evs go into HP to improve its bulk. Zard X runs FPunch because I don't want to lose against Fini, Pelipper or other Pokemons and I need to run TPunch. Mew's ev spread is a modificación that I do of Subject 18's ev spread. My Mew is more Bulky and resist amazingly and It defog extremely good. It has Ice Beam because is my Zygarde check. Some calcs are:

252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 120+ Def Mew: 156-185 (38.7 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 120+ Def Mew in Electric Terrain: 181-214 (44.9 - 53.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 120+ Def Mew: 163-193 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Outrage vs. 248 HP / 120+ Def Mew: 217-256 (53.8 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. 248 HP / 120+ Def Mew: 168-198 (41.6 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Mew Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 304-360 (79.5 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.

Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 104 HP / 228 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

some goons

Flamita [Old]

Banned deucer.
The awakening of fantasy

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Touch Me C: (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Come Tierra >:c (Landorus-Therian) @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Chispitas (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- Heat Wave

The idea of the Team is basic, to make a dual core between primarina, ferro and charizard. FWG and Fantasy.
Primarina is a pokemon that has the biggest special attack of the 3 initials of alola and the most remarkable so the variant choice specs is the one that best suits you. Charizard complements to make a good synergy for its types in its form x.
Ferrothor covers the defensive part and fulfills the roll of hazzard stack next to landorus in its variant offensive Z rock.
Gengar checks lele, koko, and other pokemon. Trick is optional by destiny bond
And Zapdos it is the defoger that I chose for this team

Fairies with a touch of Underworld

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Primarina (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 5 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Tapu Koko @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Nature's Madness
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Hydro Pump is a solid choice over Scald, if you think you can't miss, otherwise, less power, but still, a 30% burn rate and 100% accuracy, having said that:
Team started with a Tapu Koko+Primarina build, I decided to use a different Tapu Koko set, reason being, Assault vest Tangrowth is everywhere and can wall/scout which move Prima will be locked on without problems, physical Tapu Koko allows me tho comfy 2hko tangrowth with a combinaiton of Nature Madness+Brave Bird, same for other more uncommon, but threatening stuff like Amoonguss and Pdef Mega Venusaur (the latter requires Stealth Rock in order to 100% ohko though) Iapapa berry is used in order to lure the opponent into thinking it's one of the taunt set, which helps me against stall, it also helps me against Specs Ash Ninja somehow, if Scizor can keep rocks off the field (or if Greninja is orb) but more of that later with a replay.
Decided to add MScizor in order to get a steel check, especially a Mega Metagross check, Defog support, and basically excellent type synergy + slow u-turn in order to give Primarina an easier entry since it's actually quite frail and slow, ev spread is nothing too fancy, just speedcreeping Specs/av/chople Magnezone who wants to speedcreep Mega Scizor, and also 80 uninvested base speed like MVenusaur, rest goes to defense in order to tank Megagross, even if it were able to get a Meteor boost. Team by now lacked speed control and serious ways to handle stall, enter Scarf Ninja, the only fast scarfer with U-turn, since I'm planning to use Landorus later on, Greni also helps me with Volcarona without charti, though it has difficulties setting up on its own against this team, especially now that I'm not scared to click Primarina's water stab, with a core of 3 uturners that can help Primarina coming in, I now decided to concentrate the last two slots on having better odds against stall, and, of course, Stealth Rocks. So i added Swords Dance Lantherian with Stealth Rocks, Jolly in order to outspeed other Fast Adamant Landorus who can be dangerous if left on his own devices, after this, the team had troubles against 3 atk Zapdos, and, while I prefer Rock Head Marowak generally, Lighting Rod was the better choice here, in order to have a better matchup against Tapu Koko, 3 atk Zapdos, MManectric when released, it also helps me against stuff like Mega Venusaur who I mentioned earlier, sure Koko can 2hko, but how can it take a Sludge Bomb from it? I must have something to switch into it and scare it off, and since I already had Defog MScizor, why not SD Marowak? Bonemerang could be a better choice since it breaks sub, but honestly it's the same thing with Hydro Pump to me.

All in all, I had fun with the team, however Primarina sometimes wasn't able to do much, maybe it had something to do with me finding bulky offense teams with a random Chansey slapped on it wth but there were some battles that primarina was allowed to shine.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-574076456
Thanks to the turn 3 prediction, I was able to kill zard, giving MScizor an easier time later on in the match, turn 20 also shows how iapapa is great on Koko, probably I would have lost without it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-574054388
VS a Volbeat bpass, turn 22 shows max atk Brave Bird Kokos' usefulness

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-574029851

A very rage inducing moment when Aqua Jet crits me, especially since I had this Trick Room on the builder and MMawile didn't have Sucker Punch (though of course, I can't remember if it was the original version or if I did some changes), this was back when i had Hydro Pump on Primarina, which helped me 2hko Cresselia, stopping her from setting up Trick Room, anyways, Primarina is able to clean, once Greninja was able to weaken Marowak with Rock Slide, overall, of the three battles, Primarina is clearly the MVP here.

Primarina @ Waterium Z
EVs: 176 HP / 148 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

amoonguss is jesus and can help pivot everything in.

Ban Baton Pass (Primarina) (F) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ban Dugtrio (Heatran) (M) @ Shed Shell
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Ban Pursuit (Gengar) (M) @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Ban Zygarde (Tangrowth) (F) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Ban Volcarona (Garchomp) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Ban Greninja (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 88 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

Specs Fini for wallbreaker, Heatran and Gengar to press stall, Garchomp for speed control, Tangrowth to try not to lose to Zygarde who says '' who cares? '' for his Ground immunity. Zapdos for Defog and M Pinsir.
Full SpDef Mega Sableye is a pain for this team, so Modest Heatran is considerable, since Gengar can use Taunt in things faster.
88 Spdef Zapdos EVs allow you to survive an LO IB Protean Greninja or 2 Dark Pulse Specs before Battle Bond activates.
Iron Head Garchomp to maximize damage on Lele and Mimikyu.
Yes, without a mega evolution. ;-

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 160 HP / 212 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 96 SpA / 160 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Bonemerang

This team was basically made to cteam a whole shit ton of the popular ladder shit running around now which makes building a goddamn pain in this meta. Specs Primarina is just a fun mon to use due to having basically no switchins. The spread allows it to 2HKO AV Tang after Rocks with Moonblast while outspeeding Ada Marowak. SD Grassium-Z Bulu helps beat down stall, Offensive Zapdos which outspeeds Jolly Lando and helps out with annoying Steel- and Ground-types. Next up is Scarf Gren cause Volcarona is busted; Gunk Shot helps against Koko and Lele which are giant nuisances, but not much you can do about that. Mold Breaker Excadrill to help get em up against stall; Lum Berry because fuck Spore Smeargle and everything it stands for. Finally Alolan Marowak helps a ton against Baton Pass and helps me not get 6-0'd by Koko which is always nice; by the way Sub on this mon is fucking great and I recommend the rest of you to try this out more. Lele takes a dump on this team since your counter aside from Exca is doubling between Gren and Marowak but that thing is broken so its all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: BM

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 224 HP / 112 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Thunderbolt
- Fly
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 16 SpA / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

wanted to make something a little different. hazards + thundy-t is to take care of bulky water resists so that prim can spam hydro. objective is to wear down steels and execute sweeps with nihilego. SD mawile helps vs fat/stall. nihilego provides a good fire resist and yache on lando is to alleviate the electric weakness somewhat. not a perfect team but fun to use.

Sorry for being late, but I'm always late so its all good. Building phase ends now.

Team 1

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Tail / EQ
- Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Fire
- Earthquake

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Team 2

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Punch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Team 3

Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 104 HP / 228 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Team 4

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Touch Me C: (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Come Tierra >:c (Landorus-Therian) @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Chispitas (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Team 5

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Fire]

EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 5 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Tapu Koko @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Nature's Madness
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Team 6

Primarina @ Waterium Z
EVs: 176 HP / 148 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

Team 7

Ban Baton Pass (Primarina) (F) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ban Dugtrio (Heatran) (M) @ Shed Shell
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Ban Pursuit (Gengar) (M) @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Ban Zygarde (Tangrowth) (F) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Ban Volcarona (Garchomp) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Ban Greninja (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 88 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

Team 8

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 160 HP / 212 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 96 SpA / 160 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Bonemerang

Team 9

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 224 HP / 112 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Fly
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 16 SpA / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Voting ends May 16th (probably won't since im always late)

Last edited:
Team 1: Too slow, thus weak to breakers like Mega-Metagross and Mega-Medicham. Also weak to stall.

Team 2: Weak to stall and loses to BP but looks nice in other matchups. Double Scarf might seem weird at first (especially considering that both scarfed Pokemon have a 100+ speed base) but that helps alleviating the Tapu Koko and Greninja weakness, I guess.

Team 3: When you have 3 fairy types and no steel resist. o_o I'd replace Gengar with something that helps checking Mega-Metagross and Scizor while not being weak to Tapu Koko which seems like another big threat (maybe scarfed Heatran? Idk). At least this team has a decent matchup vs stall and BP.

Team 4: Looks weak to BP but seems just Ok vs stall. Protean Greninja is a huge threat and the team seems a bit too slow.

Team 5: The Tapu Koko set bugs me, lol. Other than that the team seems fine, also has a good matchup vs stall and BP.

Team 6: Too slow, thus weak to Mega-Metagross and opposing Mega-Medicham. Also loses to stall and BP.

Team 7: Too weak to Mega-Metagross for my liking although you can play around that with some smart switches. You kinda struggle vs stall if Mega-Sableye knocks off your Shed Shell on Heatran or if you face Alomomola stall. Also looks weak to BP.

Team 8: Nice Tapu Bulu and Marowak core although I must say your team looks kinda weird. Too weak to Mega-Metagross and Peotean Greninja for my liking but your team matches up well vs stall and BP.

Team 9: Your team looks very cool offensively. But I'm not a fan of Thundurus without hazard removal. My first thought was replacing Thundurus with another Pokemon which helps breaking stall like Specs Trick Latios but that would make your matchup vs Mega-Metagross worse. Perhaps scarfed Thunder Wave Latios instead of Nihilego could work since that + Primarina should be enough vs Volcarona but I'm not sure about that change. Also not a fan of your matchup vs BP but the team looks good otherwise.
Team 5 (team 9 would be my second choice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)