DOU SM Doubles Fall Seasonal Round 6

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

owo​
SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard SM Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, ALL MATCHES MUST HAVE REPLAYS RECORDED. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me with probably the neutral assistance from a TD, flips will be made on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a roupnd, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles Ubers is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round.
  • Don't be a dick. If I found out you harassed your opponent, or were overly obnoxious or rude, I would have literally 0 problems banning you from future events.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • HypnoGravity Clause: The move Gravity is banned with all moves that can induce Sleep. I am not 100% sure if this is fully implemented on Pokemon Showdown!, so if it is not and you are found to be using it you will be disqualified and banned from future Circuit events.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU' banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:

HOW TO SCHEDULE
^absolutely foolproof

For transparency, here is the challonge: http://challonge.com/smdoufall

Winners:
MiyoKa vs GRAND EMPRESS
Psynergy vs Mishimono
Tricking vs AuraRayquaza
Heliodor vs Toxigen
Frania vs Yuga42
Akaru Kokuyo vs Paraplegic
MajorBowman vs Arifeen
nvakna vs Matame

Losers:
(winner of KoldKappuccino vs Haruno) vs shaian
Elise vs (winner of GreenGogoatttt vs DaAwesomeDude1
Croven vs marilli
kamikaze vs Demantoid
Trelloant vs Mr.GX
n10sit vs (winner of chop vs TSR)
Mint16 vs SableyeMyBae
Yellow Paint vs Mr. Miner

Let me know if I missed or messed up a pairing
DEADLINE IS Oct 8th at 11:59 EST
GL TO EVERYONE :D

Last edited:

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hate to do this, but calling act on Akaru Kokuyo. I showed up half an hour late to our time, but during that time he didn't show either, as evidenced by him not having checked smogon since 2 hours before our scheduled time. I don't see myself being able to play this before deadline or the next couple of days afterwards due to irl obligations, so with it being almost an hour and a half since the scheduled time, I'm going to call act. :/

Akaru Kokuyo

Discord: Akaruyo
is a Top Tiering Contributor
World Defender
Hate to do this, but calling act on Akaru Kokuyo. I showed up half an hour late to our time, but during that time he didn't show either, as evidenced by him not having checked smogon since 2 hours before our scheduled time. I don't see myself being able to play this before deadline or the next couple of days afterwards due to irl obligations, so with it being almost an hour and a half since the scheduled time, I'm going to call act. :/
I just managed to comment on this since yesterday I checked by phone at a late hour, tried to comment, but wasn't able to.

I was online like 20 mins before the hour we scheduled, and actually left at around 20-25 mins AFTER the (scheduled) time. User SableyeMyBae can confirm this since I was asking him help with one of the teams I was going to use. I left because I also had to do irl stuff, and yes it is a big mistake of mine not commenting on the post where we were talking (Since, as he mentioned, I did not open Smogforums) that I was already online or I was leaving.
Though calling act when you showed half an hour later and sayin I was not here at all by using Smogon last-connection, well, i don't even know what to say xddd.

Edit: Dunno what to ask/say about this, lol? I'd like to ask for an extension but Paraplegic said he wouldn't be able to play these days :/

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yo calling act. apparently there was a mixup on the initial scheduled date so he said to pick a time on saturday or sunday to play. i said 8pm PST and showed up at that time both days. he was online yesterday but didn't respond to my pms and i was online for a little over an hour waiting for him to respond (see here). i was also on at that time today and he didnt appear online. :I

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)