sketches by me, Foreys!

alright i've been getting into drawing again recently. i'll admit that i'm not very good -- i've always enjoyed drawing my own goofy shit but i never really put too much time into it. i want to get better! i've been drawing a lot of people recently, because i want to start getting the human anatomy right. i've been using pens, too, because they're a lot of fun and i like the stark contrast of black ink against the paper.

here are a few of my recent sketches. i know there are at least a few good artists around here so maybe some tips for improvement would be nice?

the reason that i'm drawing mostly girls is because a) they're more fun to draw and b) you can't get laid by showing someone a picture of bulbasaur.

anyway i am planning to maybe flesh out these or similar sketches with watercolor. i will post pictures if they turn out really cool!

thanks for looking :doom:

Lol @ reason b).

See, I could never draw like that. All the sketchy lines would drive me insane. Nice job with the cross-hatching shading, though. Another thing I can't pull off well.

Cross-hatching is the only good form of shading as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not too impressed with your pictures of girls. What you fail to realize is that girls and boys do not have the same body shape. With pictures of males, you can get away with two adjacent lines for a body, but with most pictures of girls, you want more of an hourglass shape. You could say, "But I'm trying to kill the stereotype that only thin girls are attractive!" Well, fat girls are just fatter hourglasses.

On that note, you're really good at drawing men. I really like the SUBTLE drawing.

Awesome stuff, foreys :)

I like your girl art but I still think you need to draw us a bulbasaur :X

This IS smogon after all. You never know. Maybe some girl around here has a fascination with bulbasaurs.

the first one is absolutely stellar dude

loving the subtle pic, dose looks ridiculously cool (im assuming its dose ?_?)

also either ive got anticon. on the brain (yes i KNOW subtle isnt anticon. whatever man) or that mustachioed guy is why?

keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing what you can do!

i like your style and wouldn't change it if i were you. just focus on cleaner lines and your art will look that much cooler, you do kind of need to work on your anatomy though. your chicks are too thick in the abdomen which makes them look manly and wierd. just like cooper said, women look like an hourglass whereas men are more of a box. your proportions are a little off as well but anyone who doesn't draw a lot probably wouldn't be able to tell. what i like to do is just go to some cafe or a park and draw people as they walk by. its fun and helps to learn how different body parts move together along with developing a sense of proportion, i use other static objects like trees to measure how long and wide different parts are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)