Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Dugtrio (244 Atk Dugtrio Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 164 Def Venusaur-Mega: 178-211 (49 - 58.1%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO)

Yoshizilla315 I was just curious and didn't wanna ask a one liner in the VR thread, why 244 attack?
That's the spread the calc gave me, I think it's mainly for something lol. I know it's for something though definitely, just use it haha.

It doesn't really trap steels the way it used to. Magearna has volt Switch and Aura Sphere, Mega Scizor has U-Turn, Celesteela I'm not certain about but I've heard it fails to really trap it too. The low speed really holds Magnezone back. People these days tend to go for Dugtrio, who can be used for trapping other threats too and more successfully traps many of these steel types.

At least, that's what I think.

I got sniped, yay. Also yeah dug + Zard y is bad news, rain isn't pleasant with mega pert, etc.
Celestella doesn't have U-turn or Volt Switch, but I'm afraid it might go to BL or maybe UU. I hope not because it's my favorite Pokemon!

Celestella doesn't have U-turn or Volt Switch, but I'm afraid it might go to BL or maybe UU. I hope not because it's my favorite Pokemon!
The reason Celesteela doesnt have to worry about Magnezone traping it is cause Earthquake Celesteela beats Magnezone if the Celextella is specially defensive.

The reason Celesteela doesnt have to worry about Magnezone traping it is cause Earthquake Celesteela beats Magnezone if the Celesteela is specially defensive.
uhm, this is pretty incoherent.
first of all any viable magnezone will be tailored to outrun celes
second of all the most popular set is sub electrium z, so mag still ohkos the specially defensive set, also they can and mostly run mixed

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

252 SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 408-482 (102.5 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

this is the h o t set rn, but av it's more for pivotal abilities

Last edited:
uhm, this is pretty incoherent.
first of all any viable magnezone will be tailored to outrun celes
second of all the most popular set is sub electrium z, so mag still ohkos the specially defensive set, also they can and mostly run physically defensive

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

252 SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 408-482 (102.5 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

this is the h o t set rn
Wow really? Been way to long since I last played OU

second of all the most popular set is sub electrium z, so mag still ohkos the specially defensive set, also they can and mostly run physically defensive
good post but wanted to point out that physically defensive celesteela doesn't really exist. the bolded mixed spread seems to be the closest thing to it.

Sassy:252/0/4/0/252/0 15.649% | Modest:252/0/0/252/0/4 13.810% | Modest:0/0/4/252/0/252 8.122% | Sassy:248/0/84/0/176/0 6.256% | Sassy:252/4/0/0/252/0 5.650% | Sassy:252/0/52/0/204/0 4.845% | Other 45.668%

good post but wanted to point out that physically defensive celesteela doesn't really exist. the bolded mixed spread seems to be the closest thing to it.

Sassy:252/0/4/0/252/0 15.649% | Modest:252/0/0/252/0/4 13.810% | Modest:0/0/4/252/0/252 8.122% | Sassy:248/0/84/0/176/0 6.256% | Sassy:252/4/0/0/252/0 5.650% | Sassy:252/0/52/0/204/0 4.845% | Other 45.668%

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

it does

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

it does
Ha well yes you can build the set, but in terms of usage, it doesn't exist. Please see the stats in my previous post.

usage doesn't translate to viability, and trust me, it was actually one of the most competent players rn that introduced me to this set

but ok

but tbh mixed is prob most common n best set

Abr/bro fist WCOP tiebreaker team had a physically defensive Celesteela set.
As stan soojung said, usage =/= viability, and that goes both ways. One usage in a WCOP game where both players know each other's styles and typical teams very well does not mean a set is good for standard ladder play.

This is SQSA, not underrated sets from WCOP thread, so people reading this are probably new to the game and looking for tried and true metagame standards.

I'm not saying physdef celes is bad, I've never used it. I was originally responding to this quote:

...also they can and mostly run physically defensive
One usage by a player you look up to in a tour does not make this statement true. Again, please see my statistics posted above for scientifically accurate picture at what sets celesteela is running. I'm simply pointing out (for the benefit of new players who don't know the meta) that far and away the most likely celesteela set they will come across is the standard spdef set. This is not an attack on you or your favorite set. It is a fact.

Last edited:
As stan soojung said, usage =/= viability, and that goes both ways. One usage in a WCOP game where both players know each other's styles and typical teams very well does not mean a set is good for standard ladder play.

This is SQSA, not underrated sets from WCOP thread, so people reading this are probably new to the game and looking for tried and true metagame standards.

I'm not saying physdef celes is bad, I've never used it. I was originally responding to this quote:

One usage by a player you look up into in a tour does not make this statement true. Again, please see my statistics posted above for scientifically accurate picture at what sets celesteela is running. I'm simply pointing out (for the benefit of new players who don't know the meta) that far and away the most likely celesteela set they will come across is the standard spdef set. This is not an attack on you or your favorite set. It is a fact.
It's just an example...that team is also being spammed alot of the ladder. And it's not the first time I seen it, since recently I have seen more physically defensive than special.

Last edited:

Physically Defensive has increased in popularity lately because it deals much better against mega pinsir. Not only that in the Cele-pex core Toxapex is SpDef so it can deal better against gren, so it makes sense to make Celesteela physically defensive when you have a SpDef mon already.

Also the damage calc is yet to add a physically def Cele where as the SpDef set is on there, this means that people using sets from the damage calc will be using SpDef Cele. That is a reason for it not having much usage yet.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Guys, which are Mega Diancie's best teammates in your opinion?
From what I've heard, Volcarona and Tapu Bulu are the best ones. In general, you need something to smash through steels. Dugtrio can trap them, and so can Magnezone. This is all theorymonning though, since it isn't out yet.

Some good partners for Kyurem-B? Wanna build some teams around it.
Z Wild charge Koko not only boosts up Kyurem-B's Fusion Bolt, but it also destroys AV Magearna while Kyurem-B deals with Grass / Ground-types that check Koko, if Kyurem-B is Icium already, then I feel Koko should run the Dazzling Gleam set but any set works tbh. Hazard control is also important, so Mew, Zapdos and even Fini could work. Mew provides a Mega Cham switch in, Zapdos deals with Scizor and Ferro, which are great checks to Kyu-B without HP Fire, and Fini protects it from Status. Also, late game cleaners such as Volcarona and Shift Gear Magearna really appreciate Kyurem-B weakening the opponent's team, specially because they have great synergy with Kyurem-B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)