Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this is the wrong place to ask, I'm sorry. But I couldn't find a better place to post this.

I own a 3DS XL. I never use the 3D function. I never really experience lag or frame drops. Even if I do (when Primal Groudon enters the battlefield for instance) I don't mind. I really like the size of the screens. But I hate the fact that the top screen feels so loose. That's why I'm hesitating to buy a 2DS.

I play a lot when lying in bed. That's when the 3DS XL feels stupid. The top screen keeps tilting back and forth and it annoys me to death. But the 3DS XL feels just nice when just sitting on the couch.

I've never used a 2DS before. But I can imagine it feels way more solid and sturdy, because it's simply just a solid console. I'm sure it'll be way more comfortable playing in bed than it is with my 3DS XL. And since I never use the 3D function anyway, I don't care that the 2DS doesn't have it. I'm only still concerned about the size of the screens. When playing in bed the console will be close to my eyes anyway, so then the size of the screens don't really matter. But when just sitting or hanging on the couch (when the console is way further from my eyes) the small size of the screens might become a problem...

Any advice from people who have a (New) 3DS XL and/or a 2DS? I'm asking because Metroid is coming out soon and I just know I'm going to play it till death. Hence I need the console that's most comfortable for me. If my final verdict is going to be 2DS, I'd obviously also like to know if it can run Metroid.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this is the wrong place to ask, I'm sorry. But I couldn't find a better place to post this.

I own a 3DS XL. I never use the 3D function. I never really experience lag or frame drops. Even if I do (when Primal Groudon enters the battlefield for instance) I don't mind. I really like the size of the screens. But I hate the fact that the top screen feels so loose. That's why I'm hesitating to buy a 2DS.

I play a lot when lying in bed. That's when the 3DS XL feels stupid. The top screen keeps tilting back and forth and it annoys me to death. But the 3DS XL feels just nice when just sitting on the couch.

I've never used a 2DS before. But I can imagine it feels way more solid and sturdy, because it's simply just a solid console. I'm sure it'll be way more comfortable playing in bed than it is with my 3DS XL. And since I never use the 3D function anyway, I don't care that the 2DS doesn't have it. I'm only still concerned about the size of the screens. When playing in bed the console will be close to my eyes anyway, so then the size of the screens don't really matter. But when just sitting or hanging on the couch (when the console is way further from my eyes) the small size of the screens might become a problem...

Any advice from people who have a (New) 3DS XL and/or a 2DS? I'm asking because Metroid is coming out soon and I just know I'm going to play it till death. Hence I need the console that's most comfortable for me. If my final verdict is going to be 2DS, I'd obviously also like to know if it can run Metroid.
If you are talking about wobbly screen, I don't know 2dses can do that but the New 3ds XL wobbles foward and back sometimes.

LF: a Timid non-english Electrike, preferably in a unique or matching ball (Quick Ball, Safari Ball, Dream Ball). I can give you multiple Aprimons

EDIT: Actually found one on the GTS of all places. Never mind!

Last edited:

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This is gonna seem like a blast from the past, but I'm after someone with a DItto in their XY Friend Safari. I can do custom RNGs in gen 3-5 and 7 if you need something in return, please PM/VM me if you can help me out!

EDIT: Helped

Last edited:
any lad out there have a truant durant? any nature or ivs it dont matter i can offer a bunch of pretty solid spitbacks or whatever theyre called including aqua jet, belly drum marills among others. pweeeease i cant get HA durant any other way

LF: Froslass, cranidos. I need them for dex completion so I don't care about anything about them. Offering: breedject squirtle, venonat, dhelmise, non-Alolan vulpix.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Can you get the shiny charm before you beat the elite four in ORAS? realised i may be limiting myself a lot without it...
I know that you can get the Shiny Charm as soon as you either beat or capture Primal Groudon or Primal Kyogre. I'm less sure about whether or not you can get it before that point, though.

as someone who has a 2DS let me just tell you , it is not comftable, maybe the upcoming 2DS XL will be but the current one will make your fingers hurt after an hour or so of play

Last edited:
as someone who has a 2DS let just tell you , it is not comftable, maybe the upcoming 2DS XL will be but the current one will make your fingers hurt after an hour or so of play
Why so? I've been hearing for everyone that the 2DS is wayyyy more comfortable than the 3DS consoles with the two separated screens.

Would you rather have a 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)