Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sp.Atk is really too low to be useful if it's going timid :/ If the Atk and Sp.Atk had swapped*, then maybe!

*the eternal cry of the soft-resetter

I'm looking to borrow Artucuno, Landorus, and Slurpuff for my dex. Also both evos of Aurora and Cranidos. If anyone else is in this situation, I'd be happy to share the guys I have.

On the topic of SR, anybody with a head for probability wanna work out the odds of getting a Raikou(or Thundurus I suppose), timid, with HP ice and >28 in all relevant stats bar Speed (31)? I used to be able to do those calcs myself but it's been years since I've bothered! Mostly I just correct other people's errors, lol :P

I'm just kind of losing hope over mine, it's been several months and I've only bothered to check for Hidden Power twice... And SR'd over two shinies :/ it'd be nice to have a solid number to "aim" for... Or give out about, if I've gone over it! Even if it's not how probability works, heheh.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Too lazy to cover the full IVs part in a post...

But there's 712/655360 chance of HP Ice, with the desired level of IVs. (Note: This includes all 4 possible HP Ice spreads, including the 30 and 28 Speed ones.)

Then there's 13/25 chance of the nature (including Synchroniser and random).

So in total, 1157/204800 ~= .05% or 1 in ~1770.

Edit: This is for ≥28 in all relevant stats (so that those that need to be even have 2 possible values). If you want >28, then it's 318/655360 in the first part, leaving you with 2067/819200 ~= .02% or 1 in 3963.

Does that take into account the guaranteed 3 31s? Because that was the bit I was having trouble wrapping my head around.

In any case, thanks! Now if only I'd kept count of my SRs.

Best ball for Suicune (non-shiny) in 4th gen? I'm not much of "color matcher;" I usually put my Water-type Pokémon in Dive Balls (I've migrated enough of them to do it for Suicune too) and others in Premier Balls. As far as I know though, Suicune doesn't swim; it just walks on water, so I'm on the fence about the Dive Ball here.

Best ball for Suicune (non-shiny) in 4th gen? I'm not much of "color matcher;" I usually put my Water-type Pokémon in Dive Balls (I've migrated enough of them to do it for Suicune too) and others in Premier Balls. As far as I know though, Suicune doesn't swim; it just walks on water, so I'm on the fence about the Dive Ball here.
Suicune learns Surf. Therefor Dive works well. Since this is HG/SS though, you could go for Lure Ball even though you don't fish for it. (don't believe the green on the ball: it's its correct blue color once transferred to gen 5 and up)

Are these IVs good by Latios ?
IVs: 31/31/16/29/31/31
Nature: Timid

Should i do more soft resets to get a better one ?

BriarRose can't input the Japanese Arceus event serial codes she has into her non-Japanese game cart and 3DS to retrieve the Arceus from the delivery girl, so she's looking for someone with a Japanese game cart and 3DS to do so for her. She's also asking for video proof that the person agreeing to do this actually does so and legitimately, and if one of her 5 codes happens to end up being the shiny Arceus, the person doing this for her soft reset it for flawless Jolly/Timid/Bold. If you still don't understand... go into Mystery Gift and select 'Get with code'. If you act now, you can get Contrary Serperior, Reckless Emboar, and Shell Armor Samurott. (input POKEMON followed by 497, 500, or 503 respectively)
I would redeem them but I don't have a Japanese 3DS or game either.
STILL LOOKING FOR JOLLY ARCEUS

Last edited:
Still looking for a Ho-Oh with its HA. It doesn't have to be competitive. I've got basically any Pokémon to offer except for event Pokémon, as well as a lot of essential items.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Still looking for a Ho-Oh with its HA. It doesn't have to be competitive. I've got basically any Pokémon to offer except for event Pokémon, as well as a lot of essential items.
I got a HA Ho-Oh relatively quickly through GTS after depositing a few breeding leftovers, but unfortunately have already traded it away a while ago. You could try out the GTS yourself though, if you're not too concerned about competitiveness and legitimacy ;)

I got a HA Ho-Oh relatively quickly through GTS after depositing a few breeding leftovers, but unfortunately have already traded it away a while ago. You could try out the GTS yourself though, if you're not too concerned about competitiveness and legitimacy ;)
That's the thing, I do care a lot about legitimacy. Competitiveness doesn't matter. I might just try some on the GTS and get them hack checked.

That's the thing, I do care a lot about legitimacy. Competitiveness doesn't matter. I might just try some on the GTS and get them hack checked.
I could sacrifice my Ho-Oh chance on one of my gen 5 games. I have every possible Ho-Oh alread anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)