Role Playing Shadows of Baine - level 3

[3:37 PM] Aura Guardian: so, I can just post the signups thread now?
[3:40 PM] zorbees: y

The #flamel community ( https://discord.gg/24E24Fs ) is soon to be the site of a new campaign, signups open.

Situation:
Dystopian city ruled by 13 mage families who control substance of pure magic, Aeril. The slums are host to the Bloodmages who they view as their only defense against the city-sanctioned thought police. In the middle are the Talents whose magic is officially illegal, but unofficially used by the families as agents in teams called "Ghosts" to bring about their will in a shadow war spanning the city. The city is at a tipping point - will you be the ones to decide the future of the city, or will you die and be left in a ditch, with no one remembering you even existed?

Rules and Guidelines:
SESSIONS WILL BE ON SATURDAYS, 6PM EST, ONCE THE CAMPAIGN STARTS. There will also be opportunities for out-of-session events. You do not need to be able to make every session, but if no more than three players can make a session within 15 minutes of the start time, the session will be cancelled (not the campaign, though). If I cannot host one weekend, I'll give as much warning as I can.
THIS CAMPAIGN IS BASED IN INTRIGUE. IT'S FINE IF YOUR CHARACTER CAN HIT THINGS - BUT IT MOSTLY JUST GIVES A RECOVERY METHOD FOR FAILURE OF OTHER MEANS. Martial characters can work, just make sure they also know magic or can use a decent number of skills. (There *will* be combat, just not as much as in campaigns focused on it.)
Signups on Discord are accepted. There's a document to put your character ideas on, but that's not really certain at this juncture.
To get in, you must confirm your presence on the tabletop community discord.
2 Traits, or 3 with a Drawback (which must be approved by me.)
Standard Pathfinder with some houserules. Houserules are as follows:
  1. Spheres of Power is the only magic casting system; no Vancian casting (Spell-Like abilities are another story)
  2. For further information, if you get in (otherwise, these are just detailed specifics), my general houserules can be found here with my campaign-specific houserules here. My specific rules trump my general rules whenever they conflict
  3. This is sorta open sandbox, but mainly in the city region. Think actions and consequences.
  4. Rules may change based on need.
  5. THIS IS MEANT TO BE A COOPERATIVE GAME. The other player characters are not enemies.
  6. I welcome questions.
I would like between 4-6 players to be able to make it to each session, meaning I can accept up to 8 players for sure, with opportunities for subs. EDIT: ALSO, I WANT A BLEND OF EXPERIENCE LEVELS, SO NEW MEMBERS CAN LEARN FROM VETERAN PLAYERS.
  1. Agape
  2. Hitmonleet
  3. acidphoenix
  4. Temperantia
  5. Maxim
  6. KnightsofCydonia
  7. internet
  8. shubaka17
  9. LightWolf
Low-prio:
  1. theangryscientist

Last edited:
I'll keep signups open for another day or so, then I'll post the list of who's in. I'll want to review what people who're have for their concepts by Saturday, and work will be from there.

Given tas low-prio, and shubaka17 with the tech situation, that leaves 8 players for the 8 max to get at least 4 (probably around 6) each session. As this gives me a good blend of the old guard, newcomers, returning players and semi-experienced, and coming from other systems, I'll call that good. Please contact me ASAP with a link to your idea for your character, even if you're one of the ones who had advance knowledge of this campaign and already contacted me with just that.

In
  1. Agape
  2. Hitmonleet
  3. acidphoenix
  4. Temperantia
  5. Maxim
  6. KnightsofCydonia
  7. internet
  8. LightWolf
Subs
  1. shubaka17
  2. theangryscientist

Posting for the record that due to players being able to make it more frequently than I anticipated, we are transitioning to a split party of sorts with 1) mini-sessions, and 2) smaller groups who will work together; and all groups will impact the story. (Aka, you can do multiple things at once in-game, though not real-time). Saturdays will remain in use for these, though if a specific group can make it on other days, then that can be taken care of easily enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)