Board Game Secret Hitler 1

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Description:

Secret Hitler is a dramatic game of political intrigue and betrayal set in 1930's Germany. Players are secretly divided into two teams - liberals and fascists. Known only to each other, the fascists coordinate to sow distrust and install their cold-blooded leader. The liberals must find and stop the Secret Hitler before it’s too late.

Rules:

http://www.secrethitler.com/assets/Secret_Hitler_Rules.pdf
  • In the beginning of the game, everyone receives a role card of which there are 3 of, Liberals, Fascists, and Hitler.

• Fascists will know who Hitler is and who other Fascists are, and Liberals and Hitler won’t know anything.

• Starting with someone random, the President will choose a Chancellor.

• Everyone will vote Ja or Nein on whether or not they want this President/Chancellor to be voted into office.

• If they win the vote, the President will draw 3 policy cards, discard 1 and give the other 2 to the Chancellor.

• The Chancellor will then choose one of the policies to enact.

• Then the presidency will rotate to the next player on the list, and they will choose a chancellor who wasn’t a president or a chancellor the round before.

• Fascists win if they get all the Fascist policies on the board passed, or if Hitler is elected chancellor after a certain point.

• Liberals win if they get all the Liberal policies on the board passed, or if Hitler is killed.

Voting will happen in PMs and will be revealed all at once as to not influence other peoples voting, and all discussion will happen in the discord that will be made.

Players:
Blazade
Hitmonleet
Xayah
zorbees
Exploudit
Earlio
Whydon
Granny Pie
LightWolf

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[1:05 PM] sam-testings: i randomly rolled the dice and zorbees
[1:05 PM] sam-testings: is the first presidential candidate
[1:05 PM] sam-testings: choose a chancellor and you guys will vote

blazade is my chancellor

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Votes are all in!

Blazade: Ja
Hitmonleet: Ja
Xayah: Ja
zorbees: Nein
Exploudit: Ja
Earlio: Ja
Whydon: Ja
Granny Pie: Ja
Lightwolf: Ja

Congrats to President zorbees and his chancellor Blazade! I will send you your policy cards soon.

LightWolf

lightwoof
this is why you guys need to go through more votes rather than just willy-nilly vote in whoever
liberals have one reason to nay, they either WANT to be part of it, or NOT to be part of it to get more info on others. Your assumption that fascist will not just pick one of those attitudes and stick to it for he first vote where we have no info is silly. Until we hit Hitler Wins If Elected, we just want as many people as possible to touch policy cards. This ain't mafia, voting patterns matter little unless fascist are idiotic and I don't play assuming my opponents are stupid.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I mean I'm viewing this as similar to resistance, since the game structure is pretty similar. This is where my view comes from, since I've never played this game before. I know you've played resistance LW and I know you should know the value of having past voted to look back on. I know there are differences between this game and resistance but I don't see how the differences are enough for you to say voting patterns dont matter.

the way i see it right now, the other 7 players have no way of knowing which one of me/blazade is lying, and the fact that everyone except me voted for us doesn't help a damn thing. The fact that you say we want as many people to touch policy cards doesn't sit well with me, again from the resistance background. In resistance, I'm usually a fan of mix and match team proposals (as in, 1 person that was on the last mission, the rest that weren't) so we can actually figure out which people are bad and which people aren't. Otherwise, every time a mission fails we will just get into a 50/50 screaming match like me/blazade where we cant solve anything.

BTW I'm auto downvoting Exploudit and his chancellor so we can get more voting info

LightWolf

lightwoof
See the difference is, I'm not falling back on resistance experience here, I'm falling back on having watched streams of Secret Hitler. Major difference to resistance is, this game is math, card counting is important. In this game, even if BOTH chancellor and president are fascists, you still can get a liberal policy out simply because that's all they drew(minus if only one fascist policy is missing). Similarly as long as the president OR chancellor is liberal and 2 liberal policies were drawn, it is guaranteed a liberal policy will be played. This is not resistance, the goals are different, the game gets completely fucked, if you don't pass the torch around enough, as unknowns are left whose votes tell you nothing, because hitler just hard libs while a fascist just goes with the flow till they can score a fascist policy.

Good time as any zorbees, how many fascist cards did you draw, and what did you give to Blazade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)