Project RU Teambuilding Factory (NEW) (Be Sure to Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Approved by: atomicllamas
Old Thread: Here
Builders: Ajna Natural Talent Diogo MrAldo Scythe. Ping_Pong_Along slurmz Brick Small. fran17 DKFirelord

Note: If you were apart of the old thread, or are new and want to help out with the thread, feel free to ask!

RU Teambuilding Factory(Banner would be cool!)
Welcome to the Rarelyused Teambuilding factory! If you're new to the tier, or just need help building around a certain mon/core, this is the place for you. Make sure to read the rules below before posting.

Rules
-Provide a description(two sentence minimum) with visuals of the mon/core you want us to build around, the set(s) you prefer, and what style you want for the team. (refer to the sample post)
-Choose mons that are useable in the meta, we won't build around mons that serve no purpose to a team.
-Be patient. If we are backed up with requests, please refrain from continuously asking about your core.
-If your core doesn't get claimed by someone after a week, it will be deleted. If no one wants to build around your core, it most likely means it was too restricting, or had an unusable mon.
-Only request one team per week. The thread would get too cluttered if everyone was asking for teams everyday.
-Respect the builders. We are spending our time making you guys teams, and just ask that you don't treat us poorly.

Unclaimed Requests:

Requests Being Worked on:
Rubsomebacononit's RP Torterra Team(Scythe)
Froggyboy's Medicham + Houndoom(Scythe)
Esidisi's CB Scrafty Offense(Ajna)
PlatinumBlad3's Tyrantrum + Medicham Team(Brick Small)

Requesting a balance team around Sigilyph and Meloetta. They break down each others counters really well, and break huge holes in balance/stall for other mons to clean.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball/Focus Blast
- U-turn

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Last edited:

Ajna

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Requesting an offensive team with Reckless AoA Hitmonlee. Thanks in advance.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch / Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin

Ajna

Update: To avoid cluttering up the thread, we aren't going to respond to requests until they are finished. Just periodically check the "Requests Being Worked On" to see if someone has started building your team.

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus

Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I'd like a Torterra Rock Polish team to get into RU, please. It's an underrated threat in RU imo

this was from the last thread and hasn't yet been worked on

Hey guys, requesting a trick room team built around powerful threats such as life orb/specs clawitzer, specsploud, mega cameltoe, emboar, thick club marowak, guts ursaring etc. featuring setters which could include aromatisse with its important dark, fighting and bug resistances, and immunity to taunt, audino with healing wish, mesprit with healing wish, carbink with stealth rock, explosion and normal gem, bronzong with "" as examples.
The condition is I want it to not be weak to DRAPION, arguably trick rooms biggest nemesis in RU, with its versatility, resistances to the common dark, ghost and psychic moves trick room teams use, taunt to prevent Trick room going up at all. The SD set is particularly dangerous because stab knock off wrecks the psychic and ghost Pokemon TR commonly uses such as uxie, mesprit, Cofag etc. it has poison jab to destroy mega audino, aromatisse etc. that resist knock off and it has access to Aqua tail should you try to cover it with Pokemon like rhyperior or carbink.
Despite slowking and cresselia leaving the tier, two of the premier trick room setters, I still believe it is a powerful, underrated strat and cobalions exit from the tier is a massive blessing, with it commonly running taunt, and being very dangerous to trick room teams with its SD set. venomoths exit is huge too.
Thank you dudes, excited to see what you create.

Ajna

Firstly, sorry about not being able to change your request, but I spent a considerable amount of time building around Bronzong, and you can always just request again next week. Anyways, I started off by looking for mons that had good synergy with zonger, but also kept up offensive pressure. I ended up picking special Virizion, and banded Tyrantrum, because they greatly pressure balance and stall teams, and they cover Bronzong's fire and dark weaknesses. After this, I realized that I needed a fighting resist, and a Durant check, so I went with Qwilfish. The next thing I needed was a revenge killer. I ended up choosing Emboar due to my lack of a solid Scrafty check. I'm running EQ as my filler just because of how threatening Delphox is to most balance builds, although Toxic is another option. The next thing I needed was something that could check Sigilyph and Delphox, so I threw on a mon not seen much on balance, Spdef Melo. This Melo not only beats sigi and delphox, it also spreads paras, and gets Tyrantrum in for free with slow U-Turns. All in all, this team is really solid, and I hope you enjoy it!
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Synthesis

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Silverwhiteblue

/

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Def / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Virizion @ Yache Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Earth Power

Flygon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Gear Grind
- Substitute
- Shift Gear

OR

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 64 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Here is the team. Fletchinder + virizion make a really amazing combo having fantastic synergy with each other since virizion eliminate the bulky waters and fletch revenge kill faster threats like scarf emboar and durant. Then decided for a good hazard control duo and seismitoad + flygon easily seal the deal since they provide reliable hazard control and the extremely important tyrantrum and emboar switch-ins which are always problematic.

The last 2 were really tough for me to choose since I was looking for a lot of role compression in just 2 teamslots. Was looking for a solid psychic check and secondary fighting check coupled with an ice resist and flying resist. After hours of thinking about this, spiritomb + klinklang funnily enough fullfilled most of the requirements I wanted, klinklang take advantage of the team overwhelming most of its checks so it fits really well. Another option in the last slot is jolteon which is also a flying resist (albeit shaky) and an offensive pivot to bring fletch safely, though isnt mandatory since fletch typing let it switch into plenty of stuff. Just another solid option.

Sets: Fletch is standard swords dance, with virizion decided to run yache berry in order to get rid of sneasel which is really problematic with calm mind cause with this it doesnt depend of its item too much compared to swords dance. You can run swords dance but be wary of switching into status. Seismitoad is standard defensive, flygon offensive defog, spiritomb standard pursuit trapper and klinklang substitute + shift gear along with wild charge to setup and nail flying types. Jolteon with life orb.

Sorry for the extremely lengthy explanation, I tend to do this a lot! Hope you enjoy! You can voice any potential issues, Im all ears.

Ajna

Update: From now on, team requests will require a short description, visuals, and the desired set(s). I don't think this is too much to ask as we're taking the time to build for you guys, and it will just make the thread more visually appealing. If you still aren't sure how to post, refer to the example post located at the bottom of the intro. Make sure to read over the other rules as well!

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
Ajna is so cute acting like a responsible adult

Gorechomp

Paired spiritomb with calm mind delphox as it can setup on fairy types that are baited in by spiritomb pretty freely, usually nabbing a kill or hurting something, unless they have houndoom of course, which is why i went with the obvious flygon for hazard removal as well as a houndoom check and gurdurr which pairs really nicelly with offensive psychic types like meloetta/sigil and delphox since it can setup on/revenge kill all of the common switch ins to these pokemon(also lures in fairies for delphox) was still in need of rocks and since i had no water resists seismitoad was added. Was feeling awfully weak to flygon and a little too passive since the team kinda lacks immediate power at this point so i went with mega glalie since it can pressure flygon teams greatly and is able to punch holes early/mid game so either one of the win cons can sweep.

Fantasia (Spiritomb) @ Leftovers/black glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Foul Play

Paper Moon Shine (Delphox) @ Leftovers/life orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Grass Knot/substitute
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Motion Blue (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Knock Off

Sky Lock Gate (Flygon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Childhood (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Animal Attack (Glalie-Mega) @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Twix

Obvious volt-turn team alert. Rotom-fridge is REALLY good at breaking deffensive teams, extremely good, so i wanted to pair it with something that can pivot around and handle offense, went with scarf ant. As much as i hate to use flygon on nearly every team it's almost necessary to do so unless you're running spikes stack, which i'll wont, it also helps with bringing rotom-fridge in safely so it can sub and get 7 kills. At this point i had too much pressure on flygon to check a lot of mons that are threatening to the other two(durant,emboar,houndoom) so poliwrath was added, giving us a really sexy utility check to these pokemon and a couple more and serving as our bulky water. Rocker will be mega steelix so i'm not as pressured by tyrantrum/glalie and stuff like that.

Runaway (Rotom-Frost) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature/Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

Helter Skelter (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Sky Lock Gate (Flygon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Motion Blue (Poliwrath) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Pacific State (Sigilyph) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Psycho Shift
- Calm Mind

Ballet Mechanique (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Sorry for shit descriptions, it's late and i'm tired. Hope you two enjoy

Last edited:
Requesting an offensive team built around AoA Medicham and NP Houndoom. Houndoom sets up on the things that give Medicham trouble, like Sigilyph, Spiritomb, Delphox, and other Ghost and Psychics in general, while Medicham can weaken or straight up take out the things stopping Houndoom from sweeping, like Gurdurr, Poliwrath, and Hitmonlee. Plus I like Medicham, but he seems to get the short end of the stick thanks to Gallade, so seeing a team built around him would be cool.

Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Requesting a team with a mixed/special emboar, with support from mesprit uxie, which has great synergy with emboar imo. I want to use emboar but all teams i find are very outdated with mons that are now banned, thanks in advance :]

Thanks ajna! As of what you said earlier, what do you exactly refer to when you said "visuals"? Do i have to add in a sprite in my next request or something? Because if so, i don't really know how to do it :/. Thanks again :)

Ajna

Thanks ajna! As of what you said earlier, what do you exactly refer to when you said "visuals"? Do i have to add in a sprite in my next request or something? Because if so, i don't really know how to do it :/. Thanks again :)
No problem! And yes I do mean sprites; there's an example post in the intro post though, so just take a look at that. They don't have to be 3d sprites either, Froggyboy 's post is another great example.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
yo, I don't know a lot on how to build RU trick room. So could you guys hit me up with that.
but... I kind of want to use this fear pumpkaboo that works really well in UU

Pumpkaboo @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
Level: 1
Serious Nature
- Trick Room
- Destiny Bond
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

If you can do that thanks a lot.
All I want is at least 2 other Trick Roomers or 1 Super Sustainable one and all HO

Thanks dudes

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
michaeloche

/

Omastar @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Spikes
- Return
- Earthquake

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Megahorn

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 184 HP / 240 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

OR

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earth Power
This was a pretty fun experience. Ive been wanting to try shell smash omastar a lot myself but never had the chance, this request gave me a solid reason to try it out and here we are. Thinking and trying different ways to build with omastar, this is the one that I feel more comfortable with. Shell smash omastar is really solid but in practice only has a shot in trying to sweep teams so this team is revolved into trying to make that happen.

First is the shell smash omastar, the reason for this team to be a thing. Then I though shell smash omastar would appreciate spikes to weaken bulky and grass types in general and that the spiker itself could beat them, enter mega glalie, ridiculous spiker that beats every defogger / hazard remover bar hitmontop. Then specially bulky psychic types like bronzong like meloetta and bronzong can easily stop omastar so I added an escavalier in order to pursuit trap them and get rid / weaken them. Assault vest cause this team appreciates a specially defensive sponge like esca but band is also an option, making it even harder to switch into.

Now, Fighting types made me want to scream so far so I needed a psychic type. Enter mesprit, why mesprit over other psychic types? simple, healing wish. Having no hazard control on my own and having most of the team being grounded, glalie weak to rocks and stuff provides you a cushion, a safety point where you can play more aggressively, it runs u-turn in order to provide a pivot to bring omastar and glalie safely. Next, I wanted a solid durant, scrafty and sneasel check since esca is kind of pressured to do a lot of things. Scarf emboar fits well, checking the threats mentioned and loving the healing wish support mesprit provides. Earthquake cause you will love to catch delphox on the switch.

Now, the last slot was a really tough one cause I was missing rocks, something for opposing bulky waters in order to support omastar and something to pivot on tyrantrum and general physical tank. Enter torterra! Man, this mon complemented the team extremely well, fulfilling most of the roles necessary. Really neat. Now, overall the team is kind of pressed against opposing fire types but mons like emboar cant really press flare blitz cause they give omastar free set up (talking about scarf variants) and delphox cant really switch into anything and it pressed by hazards. Still Ill leave the option of running seismitoad instead of torterra at risk of making the matchup against opposing water types more difficult (hence why it runs toxic) but provides a safer cushion against those.

This explanation is even longer than the last one! What the?! oh well, guess I cant stop that. Hope you enjoy!

Edit: Just to mention that Ajna provided another reason why seismitoad works since it gives another good safe point against durant not pressing you to keep emboar healthy all the time. Again, at the price of not having a solid answer against bulky waters. Something to consider.

Last edited:

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dr Ciel

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 228 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Delphox @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Trick

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Standard Offense. Specs Delphox breaks a lot of cores for hitmonlee and fletch to put in work. Virizion is a cool Stallbreaker. Durant is a cool cleaner and and checks jolteon and scrafty. While Steelix is our rocker of choice that checks fletchinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)