Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye Discussion

No I'm saying without good Spatk investment it's not 2HKO on Scizor with hp fire, and if that's the case why even bother. Pokemon doesn't have that great an offensive stat to begin with let alone if you try and run it mixed.

Can somone who already made it to the second island (or cleared the main story) give me a Rowlett egg by the time I start my game (as soon as i choose my starter) next friday? please!

I haven't read through all the pages in this topic yet, but one thing crossed into my mind if his main niche is Spirit Shackle + Baton Pass.

In the Mimikyu discussion, there was talk about how Mimikyu could be a nice setup sweeper with access to Swords Dance + Disguise. Mimikyu is already fairly fast, and has priority in Shadow Sneak, which has almost perfect coverage with Play Rough (hits everything except Incineroar). Decidueye can pass a +6 (or whatever it can) to Mimikyu. Then Mimikyu can Pass in with protection from Disguise, or if Decidueye is slower and can tank the hit (Featherdance maybe?), then Mimikyu gets in with a free boost and Disguise still intact. Mixing this up with other support from moves like Roost or Substitute could prove interesting, and priority + coverage + an amazing ability has the potential to set Mimikyu up for a sweep.

Note: I'm really bad at coming up with sets and stuff on my own, so none of this may even work. But it was just something that came to mind while I've been reading through these discussions...

I'm actually starting to think with decidium this thing might not be so bad offensively. It has a pretty good chance to 2hko ferro after rocks with spirit shackle followed up by sinister arrow strike. still a chance without ricks too. pretty neat to me anyway. I'm just deadset on making making offensive decidueye work though lol.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
Oh hey look this thing get's Defog!
SS + Defog would allow it to lock & kill certain SR setters, and Defog later.
Uturn if the MU is unfavourable.

So considering we won't be getting the HA version of Decidueye for a while, what would the best nature for one be if we are planning to start with Rowlet?

So considering we won't be getting the HA version of Decidueye for a while, what would the best nature for one be if we are planning to start with Rowlet?
Having a hard time with this myself. It's tough because it depends on what you want to try and counter, as trapping mons is kind of Decidueye's bag.

In game i'll go adamant, impish, carefull or sassy. whatever one i get first.
On competitive i'll first try out the defensive sets, so i'll be running carefull or impish at first

I am not sure if anyone has noticed this, but this guy gets Curse and a Very great healing ability AND a trapping move... I smell Shenanigans...

Curse
Spirit Shackle
Roost
Leaf Blade

I am not sure if anyone has noticed this, but this guy gets Curse and a Very great healing ability AND a trapping move... I smell Shenanigans...

Curse
Spirit Shackle
Roost
Leaf Blade
Why not Toxic as well if you want to become that annoying? :P

Its tricky with 5 weaknesses since your opponent can switch into something that bodies you before you spirit shackle still prefer that to trying to make it a sweeper though.

Curse
Spirit Shackle
Roost
Leaf Blade
Yeah, it's not like this have been said in other 3 or more comments already.
Seriously, not trying to be a dick but this is a discussion thread, you should probably read it before posting to avoid saying what has already been said. A discussion should move forward, not in loops.

I prefer the idea of Decidueye as a scout/pivot, myself. Spirit Shackle + Long Reach U-Turn is godly and I want to abuse it.

The only question is whether Speed or HP investment would be better for it, but I guess that depends on how the meta shapes up.

I
I prefer the idea of Decidueye as a scout/pivot, myself. Spirit Shackle + Long Reach U-Turn is godly and I want to abuse it.

The only question is whether Speed or HP investment would be better for it, but I guess that depends on how the meta shapes up.
Can see it having both. enough speed investment to outspeed specific threats and the rest to hp or oneof the defs

Yeah, it's not like this have been said in other 3 or more comments already.
Seriously, not trying to be a dick but this is a discussion thread, you should probably read it before posting to avoid saying what has already been said. A discussion should move forward, not in loops.
Sorry, I didn't look though all 6 pages and it only just came to me. I'll go look and see what has been said.

I think people are underating the Decidueye + Dugtrio/Magnezone combo. Pairing him with a mon with a trapping ability seems pretty deadly to me, it capitalizes on how he prevents double switching.

Decidueye comes out, they switch to their Decidueye counter, you trap it as it comes in with spirit shackle and switch to Dugtrio or Magnezone and there's nothing they can do about it. Obviously if it's something Dugtrio or Magnezone don't fair well against either it won't be good but I think in general they will fair well against most things people might use to counter Decidueye.

Golisopod and Decidueye have a bit of synergy too. Emergency exit procs, free switch in to decidueye if it does well against it, then a free spirit shackle.

I'm sorry I had to register to ask this.
I keep seeing people discussing the workability of Decidueye and Incineroar and everyone keeps listing slow U-turn as a pro. How is using U-turn/Volt Switch after the opponent's attack a positive? I've always relied, and found preference, in faster U-turners, why are slower U-turners a pro?

I think people are underating the Decidueye + Dugtrio/Magnezone combo. Pairing him with a mon with a trapping ability seems pretty deadly to me, it capitalizes on how he prevents double switching.

Decidueye comes out, they switch to their Decidueye counter, you trap it as it comes in with spirit shackle and switch to Dugtrio or Magnezone and there's nothing they can do about it. Obviously if it's something Dugtrio or Magnezone don't fair well against either it won't be good but I think in general they will fair well against most things people might use to counter Decidueye.
I like where you are going with this, it can be called the mine field or something trap related.

I keep seeing people discussing the workability of Decidueye and Incineroar and everyone keeps listing slow U-turn as a pro. How is using U-turn/Volt Switch after the opponent's attack a positive? I've always relied, and found preference, in faster U-turners, why are slower U-turners a pro?
It gives frailer mons a safe switch in. Decidueye tanks the hit then switches out so the other mon, say a fast but fragile attacker, doesn't have to worry about getting hit on the switch in.

A slow U-Turner/Volt Switcher allows the more bulky pokemon to take the hit, then switch out after making sure the opponent's pokemon WILL stay in, therefore, you can bring in your best counter/response to the pokemon, for example: Decidueye uses U-turn against an opposing Heatran, they use lava plume, and decidueye is able to take the hit, it u-turns out and you can bring in dugtrio, which prevents it from escaping and you can kill it.

Edit: ninja'd by Bugzy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)