All Gens RoAPL 3: Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Osgoode-Today at 8:58 PM

hey
im not on my laptop
but i need to sub in zf over beds
vs. shake
something came up with beds
cant make a post on smogon tho

zf vs -Tsunami- , p2

Reactions: p2

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's interesting because he didn't bother messaging me on discord. You know, the place I've been on all day.

Just to note: I don't really care, but just I think it's a pretty tall ask to request activity when the opponent was sitting there and 0 effort was made to contact him. Just no contest it or something I think the series is already decided. Or we can play later. Once again, I don't really care

Last edited:
That's interesting because he didn't bother messaging me on discord. You know, the place I've been on all day.

Just to note: I don't really care, but just I think it's a pretty tall ask to request activity when the opponent was sitting there and 0 effort was made to contact him. Just no contest it or something I think the series is already decided. Or we can play later. Once again, I don't really care
He is willing to play later if an extension is granted, which is what I'd prefer but it's up to the hosts.

luckoverskill and rozes were scheduling when rozes disappeared and didn't return. luck got off sometime later for the day. calling for act win

activity. i was subbed in today, but i vm'ed my opponent immediately after i was subbed in and haven't heard from him.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
luckoverskill and rozes were scheduling when rozes disappeared and didn't return. luck got off sometime later for the day. calling for act win
we didnt talk today at all or even yesterday idk where this is coming from. either give an extension / dead game bc either side getting the win is dumb

Lutra

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I won't be able to post the Week 5 OP until about 4PM EDT / 10PM CEST now. Need The Navy Spheal lineup by then.

yeah I hoped I could just play with rozes whenever he was online but stuff happened so I couldn't be on as much as I'd have liked in the past 2 days, and we never really scheduled a time so we're both at fault I guess :(

just give us an extra day to play

Lutra

I think JACOB vs Tony should happen if it's scheduled. Doesn't seem like there is any activity win for LuckOverSkill vs rozes, so it's up to rozes if he wants to play. Rest of the games may as well be played for now if people are on tonight.

Edit: OP might be ready an hour or two late.

Last edited:

Lutra

RoAPL 3 Team Interview of Week #4: Pyrite Town Pichus

Took place at the end of Week 5

Lutra: Hi Genesis7, you are manager of Pyrite Town Pichus. How did you come up with the name? Were you a big fan of colosseum and the Pichu Bros. specials?

Genesis7: Ya I liked Pokemon Colosseum and was just looking for some alliteration.

Lutra: Interesting. Did the auction go well for you?

Genesis7: I think on paper it did but 2 of my players; roscoe and Fiction ended up being completely inactive. I also would have liked to get another GSC player but they were quite scarce in the player pool.

Lutra: RBY seems to be your strongest tier results-wise and you have two SPL level RBYers. Do you feel you have other strong tiers that just aren't achieving the same level of results?

Genesis7: I feel like I had a good draft ADV-wise as well but have only had 3 wins in the tier throughout the tournament. But Cowboy Dan is putting in the effort so the wins will come to him and Sam is someone I have a lot of faith in. Pokebasket has been a great help in that tier as well.

Lutra: What do you think of the RoAPL format? Is it ideal or would you prefer something slightly different?

Genesis7: I don't think I would do it any differently. Only thing I would change is to make team records primary and W/L secondary.

Lutra: What has been your experience in previous team tournaments? How many have you been a part of? I think you said you were runner up in POCL.

Genesis7: Well I've played 3 POWC and 2 WCOP with Team Canada, 3 French Premier Leagues including one win, an SPL, and a POCL where I managed and came 2nd. Probably several other smaller tournaments that I can't remember.

Lutra: Do you enjoy making new friends in team tournaments or do the occasions stress you too much?

Genesis7: That's one of the reasons I like team tournaments so much. Most of my enduring friends online come from team tournaments, especially WCOP!

Lutra: That's great. What tiers would you say you specialize in?

Genesis7: ORAS OU is definitely the tier I'm known for but I also play RBY OU and DPP OU a lot.

Lutra: Do you feel your experience in ORAS OU has helped your ORAS players?

Genesis7: My ORAS guys are fairly independent but I helped prep in some earlier weeks.

Lutra: Were you surprised in Week 4 by being beaten comfortably by bottom ranked Snowpoint Sneasels or do you think they haven't been fulfilling their potential up until now? Was luck a big factor?

Genesis7: I thought they had one of the better lineups after the auction so it wasn't a big surprise. My team has been underachieving unfortunately, but hopefully this recent win will kick-start us.

Lutra: Which week has been the most exciting for you?

Genesis7: Probably this one which has just passed, 2 of my players had to take a week off for personal reasons and we still managed to win so I was very proud of my team.

Lutra: Awesome. Tell us a bit about your individual tournament history, and how did you find Smogon?

Genesis7: I got into competitive Pokémon after watching some DPP Wi-Fi battles on YouTube in 2013, one of the videos linked to Shoddy Battle, which redirected me to Pokemon Lab, which then redirected me to Pokemon Showdown. I played PS for a couple months then quit until shortly before the release of XY. I joined Smogon just before the start of 2014 and didn't really do much on the site until I played for Canada in WCOP 10. I've had much more success team-wise compared to individual tournaments but I did win an ORAS tour a year or so ago and was the runner-up in a couple others.

Lutra: Have any newer players impressed you?

Genesis7: Some newer French players have been really impressing me as of late, namely Kickasser and cdumas. Iloveleague is arguably one of the top 5 SMers at the moment despite being fairly unknown during ORAS and getting ignored in SPL (an oversight in my opinion). I think SM will breed a whole new class of players though, seeing Patlop's clique and the newer French crowd dominating Smogon Tour and SM sells me in that direction.

Lutra: What are your favourite tournaments on Smogon?

Genesis7: WCOP is by far my favorite tournament, I enjoy the big RBY tournaments you host periodically as well.

Lutra: Okay, thanks for giving this interview. Will you be back for RoAPL 4? And anything else you want to say?

Genesis7: We'll see too far in the future to say. Thanks for having me. Go Pichus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)