[RMT]: You touch my tralala.

This team is mostly based on defensive sweepers and killing in support in the form of speed due to paralysis inducers(Thunderwave FTW!).

Here's the overview of the team.

The Team

Moltres@Choice Specs**Supernova
Modest Nature
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 HP
-Overheat
-Hidden Power:[Grass]
-Air Slash
-Flamethrower/U-turn

Mostly my special sweeper and new lead. She hits harder than Specsmence with her Overheat nuke-age. Air Slash is for STAB and kills Infernape. Hidden power grass is for the pogeys that resist it's awesomeness(Bulky waters like Swampert, Milotic, Slowbro). It's a lead since it can't take stealth rocks. It also counters the ever common Infernape and Swampert leads which is much needed as Infernape would rape otherwise. The last slot is undecided for now, I'm not very sure. U-turn seems adequate. For now.

Starmie@leftovers**Shimmer
Timid Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP, 216 Spe, 120 SpA
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

She's my rapid spinner. This is to bring in Moltres a little easier. Hopefully. Boltbeam gives nice coverage and Recover is for recovery purposes :/ Enough Special attack to kill a garchomp & co. with ice beam.

Mesprit@leftovers**Fire Lily
Bold Nature
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 176 Def, 80 SpA
-Ice Beam
-Shadow ball
-Thunderwave
-Calm mind

I'm using her as my bulky sweeper. She counters chompy and co. She also helps with the nape problem, though it can't handle it alone. Calm mind and Shadow Ball is for those annoying cresselia's that seem to wall most of my team. Thunder wave is a must to provide support for the rest of the team, Starmie is a sucky T-waver.

Metagross@Choice Band**Titan
Adamant Nature
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP, 232 Atk, 16 Def, 8 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Thunderpunch
-Meteor Mash

Hard hitter and defensive hunk of metal. Bullet punch as a priority STAB-ed CB-ed move kills lots. EQ and Thunderpunch for coverage. Meteor Mash is self explanatory; who would want to get hit by those anyways? Explosion doesn't seem like a bad option but seeing as how defensive pokemon are these days, I'm not taking that chance.

Machamp@leftovers**Tempest
Adamant Nature
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Cross Chop
-Stone Edge/Ice punch

What can I say about him? He has brute strength, he can take a beating, he's a good sleep absorber, His female form doesn't wear a bra. Cross Chop and Stone edge are for coverage and Guts boosted attacks are painful to take. I was thinking boltbeam in punch form but Starmie and Mesprit already covers those areas. However, Ice punch does solve my Gliscor problem. :/

Blissey@leftovers**Amaranth
Bold Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def, 20 HP, 236 SpA
-Thunder wave
-Wish
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot

Obi's Bliss from his last RMT with Different EVs and Wish replacing softboiled for team support. Wish allows Moltres to survive something despite stealth rock killing it.

Help me improve on this with criticism and suggestions. Thanks!

--Cyl3x

A good team. I cant seem to find many holes in it. Electrics die to EQ, Moltres lols at bugs and Machamp kills dark types. The only thing you need is something to kill ghosts. Dusknoir/Spiritomb screws this team I think. Dusknoir/Spiritombtomb blocks rapid spins from Starmie and Shadow Sneaks him.

wow i like the team. i think cress will give you a bit of a problem. anyway you can fit a dark, ghost or a bug attack not named u-turn on the team?

o and i almost forgot. U TOUCH MY SHALALALA! MY DING DING DONG!

Moltres: I'd keep U-Turn just so you can GTFO if a Tyranitar or something ends up as your opp's lead.

Starmie: Standard Starmie is standard.

Metagross: MMash over Ice Punch to get those wonderful stat boosts. Keep Thunderpunch seeing as the rest of the team may have trouble with bulky waters. And maybe Explosion>Bullet Punch if you want to just switch in lategame and get an easy kill on a troublesome wall. But the set works fine as is.

Mesprit: Azelf does the same thing better. Put shadow ball on it for your Cressy problem maybe?

Machamp: Good, especially if you can switch into a Toxic Spikes.

Blissey: Take the EVs out of speed. Now. You're not outspeeding anything.

A good team. I cant seem to find many holes in it. Electrics die to EQ, Moltres lols at bugs and Machamp kills dark types. The only thing you need is something to kill ghosts. Dusknoir/Spiritomb screws this team I think. Dusknoir/Spiritombtomb blocks rapid spins from Starmie and Shadow Sneaks him.
Yeah, I've noticed. Which is why I have come to add Shadow ball to Mesprit for that case. Metagross already 2HKOs Spiritomb.

Ahaha, Youre a gunther fan too xD.

Solid team mate.
Kind of. Thanks :)

wow i like the team. i think cress will give you a bit of a problem. anyway you can fit a dark, ghost or a bug attack not named u-turn on the team?

o and i almost forgot. U TOUCH MY SHALALALA! MY DING DING DONG!
Yeah. Shadow ball's on Mesprit now :D

Moltres: I'd keep U-Turn just so you can GTFO if a Tyranitar or something ends up as your opp's lead.

Starmie: Standard Starmie is standard.

Metagross: MMash over Ice Punch to get those wonderful stat boosts. Keep Thunderpunch seeing as the rest of the team may have trouble with bulky waters. And maybe Explosion>Bullet Punch if you want to just switch in lategame and get an easy kill on a troublesome wall. But the set works fine as is.

Mesprit: Azelf does the same thing better. Put shadow ball on it for your Cressy problem maybe?

Machamp: Good, especially if you can switch into a Toxic Spikes.

Blissey: Take the EVs out of speed. Now. You're not outspeeding anything.
I agree with Meteor mash on Metagross, how did I not put it before?

However I completely disagree that Azelf does that better. Azelf doesn't have the boltbeam combo, nor does he have awesome defences. Shadow ball 4-5HKO's Cresselia with that moveset, so I'll give it Calm mind :)

I'm going to replace Stone edge with Ice punch. I really hate gliscors now. :(

For some reason I was thinking that blissey needed to outrun other blisseys. Silly me.

I appreciate the comments :)

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
i would like to see u-turn and hp electric on moltres, for gyarados and t-tar which are common leads.

U TUCH MY TALALAALA

MY DINGDING DONG!@#!@

seems to be the thing to say on this thread..

i would like to see u-turn and hp electric on moltres, for gyarados and t-tar which are common leads.

U TUCH MY TALALAALA

MY DINGDING DONG!@#!@

seems to be the thing to say on this thread..
Swamperts are far more common that Gyarados as I've seen, therefore, I choose to run HP:[Grass]. Air slash 2HKOs, but Moltres has no business staying in on gyarados. T-tar isn't too common of a lead, but even then, it gets 2HKOed with HP grass. But I agree that U-turn is a good choice.

:doom: MY DING DING DONG!

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Swamperts are far more common that Gyarados as I've seen
Gyarados (13090 leads)

Swampert (4509 leads)

those are the January stats from shoddybattle.com hp elec. will be really useful for taking out gyarados in the first turn. If hp grass two hit kos t-tar your screwed, it will either own you with stone edge or dd up and own you.

Gyarados (13090 leads)

Swampert (4509 leads)

those are the January stats from shoddybattle.com hp elec. will be really useful for taking out gyarados in the first turn. If hp grass two hit kos t-tar your screwed, it will either own you with stone edge or dd up and own you.
Hmmm... :/ I'd usually U-turn though, not that I don't like Hidden power Electric or anything. I have Starmie to T-bolt or Mesprit to set up on him. That said, the rest of the team(barring blissey) has no effective way of taking out swampert. Machamp obviously takes out T-tar in a punch. Unless I put in grass knot on Starmie or something. :/

I see a weakness with Choice Specs Heatran and Nasty Plot/Taunt Houndoom. Basically only Metagross and Machamp can even hurt Heatran and Houndoom, and those die fast. I'd consider either HP Ground on Blissey or Surf on Starmie. I'm also going to mention Ninetales, whose Base 100 Special Defense is hard for unSTABed Special attacks to get past and it can Hypnosis and Nasty Plot on Blissey (Though Moltres wins out in the end due to Air Slash).

I played you on shoddy (Colonial Union) ahnd you were getting absolutely raped by my breloom. So you might want to add a counter for it, i know you have machamp but even then its only 2/3 chance of even attacking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)