SM OU RMT What is this magearna (peak 1500)???

Hello so this team was one of the teams I built with someone in trainer school, I really like the spirit of this team and am willing to switch the mega, but I would really like to get further with it anyways with no delay here is the team.

1541090324360.png

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Normal AV set to tangrowth, I use it to counter non flynium z landorus, dragon pokemon, and mostly rain teams. Mostly its my solution to zygarde.

1541089669198.png

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

This is my breaker pokemon and spiker, its a normal greninja-ash set and is just there to poke holes in the other team and to have the awesome priority move water shuriken.

1541089945827.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Defog

I know its a weird decision to have a sash defogger but sash landorus is very good and my answer to outspeed alot of stuff. I put max attack and ev to poke holes in the other team, I often swtich him into earthquake.

1541090024115.png

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

OK so bare with me, this is the only pokemon I am NOT willing to change, we have done lots of calculations and this thing is beast, the assault vest helps with special attach damage, and the ec/def spread is made so that I can live a +2 hjk from hawlucha, and i can live a high jump kick from mega medicham. the ev is to outspeed clefairy, and this pokemon is my solutionto most fairies.

1541090218014.png

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Standard end game sweeper, normal set and speed answer to alot of stuff.

1541090248654.png

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is my lead, taunter and rocker, I also put the z-move on it and put it max SPA and spe to poke holes in the other team, he is there to trap, damage and prevent hazards.

Counter.

Charizard Y: Not common, but gives me alot of difficulty. Most of the time I Have to go in landorus to use explosion first.

Flynium landorus: Counters most of my team and I dont really have a safe switch in too.

Hydreigon: I literally have no counters for it and he hurts and hits like a truck.

Chansey: apart from heatran nothing can really touch her

Stall: Fuck Stall

Thank you, I am tired of using other peoples rmt and really would like to try and climb the ladder with a team ive done for once.

Last edited:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hello there koraku this is on the way to being a good team. There are some things I would change, however.

I noticed that your team was very weak to Kartana. Your only switch-in is Tangrowth, which does not appreciate a Knock Off. The Landorus spread that I have offered allows you to avoid a 2HKO from Kartana's Leaf Blade after Stealth Rock damage. I gave it Stone Edge to help with the Pinsir match up (as Pinsir destroys this team otherwise) and you may be able to pick off a chipped Tornadus-Therian with it too, which is always nice. You should keep this in mind: Calcs vs Torn
148 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tornadus-Therian: 264-312 (72.9 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
148 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Tornadus-Therian: 252-298 (69.6 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Next up, I wanted to tweek the Heatran set a bit. 216 Special Attack investment increases Heatran's damage output, helping it deal with defensive threats it would struggle against otherwise like Mega Sableye and Toxapex. 248 Speed investment coupled with a Modest nature lets Heatran outpace Timid Magearna. 16 HP and 28 Special Defense EVs are run to avoid getting OHKOed by Magearna and Tapu Lele's unboosted Focus Blast after one round of Stealth Rock damage.

I had a think about how this team approaches Tapu Lele-focused teams and figured that Magearna with Wish support would be best, as you wanted to keep Magearna. As AV Magearna checks Greninja already, I decided to replace Tangrowth with Ice Beam Clefable which helps your Gliscor matchup (yes, you have Firium-Z Heatran, but you can mistime your Z-Move, and while Alakazam pressures with Psychic, this is a much more reliable way of defeating it) while still being able to beat Zygarde. If you think that you are able to handle Gliscor fine, however, you could go with Calm Mind as a wincon, Toxic to punish things like Tapu Bulu and Gastrodon, or Stealth Rocks and give Heatran Toxic.

Clefable also gives you a better Mega Medicham and Mega Lopunny matchup, and Wish passing into Heatran is very nice as your Heatran is at risk of being chipped down gradually due to a lack of Grassy Terrain and Leftovers.

I know you liked your Magearna set, but I wanted to change it so that it could better check Greninja and the Psychic types. Also, I would personally have Heatran as my go-to Clefable answer, as Magearna poses less of an offensive threat
0 Atk Magearna Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 146-174 (37 - 44.1%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
than Heatran can. I also wanted to give it HP Fire to help with the Kartana matchup, as I established that your team is pretty Kartana weak already. I chose to replace Ice Beam, as many of the things that Ice Beam targets can be hit with a Fleur Cannon for a hard chunk of damage anyway. I gave it 64 Attack EVs to allow it to 2HKO Mega Alakazam.

I hope you like the changes that I made and that you continue on your ladder journey having fun and improving :)
If you have any questions about the team, don't hesitate to ask me!

Here is the importable version with my changes:
Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 16 HP / 216 SpA / 28 SpD / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 196 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

As for the threats you mentioned:
Flyinium-Z Landorus: Nothing switches in, but it's incredibly hard to switch in to anyway. You can outspeed it with Greninja and Clefable does this.
0 SpA Clefable Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 300-356 (94 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Charizard-Y is another Pokemon that is universally difficult to switch in to unless you have a Chansey or a Toxapex (or a Dragalge lol). You can, however, pressure it with Stealth Rocks. Greninja, Landorus and Alakazam all outspeed it too and can hit it pretty hard (OHKO in Landorus' case).

You can switch Magearna into Hydreigon over the course of a battle with Wish passing from Clefable. Alakazam and Landorus also offensively pressure it.

Chansey - yes, still hard to deal with outside of Heatran. Same with stall in general. Heatran is a very potent stall-breaker, however, so you should play that to your advantage.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)