Other Metagames RMT - Anything Goes

This is just a quick team that I built for AG. I have fought a decent number of battles with it, but I haven't went through every threat yet, so if someone could give me some recommendations and/or advice, that'd be nice. Thanks.
Also, this is my first RMT post, and I'm not exactly descriptive when it comes to writing, so sorry if I am doing it wrong.

=== AG ===

Bambi (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

I chose Xerneas as my main counter for Dragon-Types, namely M-Rayquaza. It does its job really well, but it gets stomped on by M-Metagross. To go along with a typical Geomancy/Moonblast set I have Thunder for threats like Kyogre, and Focus Blast for Darkrai. The Power Herb is self-explanatory.

Gengrene (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Gengar is a great team-player, because of the way Hex doubles if the opponent has a status condition. This means Gengar and Klefki can set up on a tough Pokemon like Arceus-Normal and take it down with little difficulty. It can also go Mega if need be (which is quite often). If Klefki is killed by my opponent, Gengar can use Will-O-Wisp to boost Hex instead. I have Focus Blast for common Dark-Type Mons like Darkrai, as well as being another counter to Arceus-Normal. Overall, he is a valuable asset that I don't intend to get rid of.

Fluffles (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Primal Groudon is my setter on the team. I chose him because... well, why not? With Precipice Blades, he checks himself, as well as other Mons like Blaziken (which I saw a lot of in my battles) and Azu (which 2HKO's it). I also have Roar in case a threat comes out and I can bounce it back for a more vulnerable Mon. In most of my battles, Groudon is the one that I lead with, and the one that I win with.

Smogon Tears (Rayquaza) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

M-Rayquaza just destroys. Despite Xerneas being a common threat, Rayquaza is usually the one to thank for my 6-0 sweeps, thanks to its ridiculous Attack and Speed. Dragon Dance is almost always the first move I use when I switch in to Ray, because it boosts Rayquaza's
Attack and Speed for the Dragon Ascent sweep. I have a Lum Berry because it can get rid of any status condition that may hinder Rayquaza during its sweep. Earthquake is on there to check Mons like Primal Groudon and Keldeo. I also added Extreme Speed because Rayquaza's physical stats, combined with priority, can make for some interesting plays. All in all, M-Rayquaza is my late-game sweeper, and it does a great job doing it.

Designated Driver (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Klefki is probably my only check for other Fairies, but it wasn't picked for that. I picked (get it?) Klefki so it can fuel Gengar's Hex, mostly. Spikes is also a nice touch, because you can never have enough entry hazards. T-Wave is good for shutting down Mons that go crazy on my team because it can (obviously) paralyze them. The status condition, once again, allows for a boosted Hex from Gengar. Toxic is good against some Pokemon, but I've yet to find a particular situation it shines in, except maybe Fairies (even though it doesn't damage). I have Play Rough in case my Xerneas goes down and my opponent has a Dragon on their team, like Lati. Leftovers is good because, in the event I just mentioned, it can keep Klefki alive long enough for it to take out a Dragon with Play Rough.

Totally Not Helix (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

This is a typical EKiller Arceus set, and it does what you think: revenge kills. Swords Dance and ESpeed allow for a boosted physical hit with priority. I have Shadow Claw for threats like Giratina and Gengar. Earthquake has pretty much the same use as every other Mon on my team: taking out Groudon and those pesky Fire-Types. Overall, Arceus is a good Mon, and that's why I chose it.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man, and welcome to Smogon. This is a pretty solid team already, so I only have a few switches and nitpicks. The main issue I see here is running 2 mega evolutions, since both are generally mons that are pretty integral to a team I don't think it's optimal to just try to muddle out which one should be mega'd each game, especially since non mega gengar is pretty useless. There definitely is some room to play with this slot, but considering you really just need a strong attacker faster than Arceus (trapping isn't really feasible to keep), I think your best bet is to replace it with standard Mewtwo. If you wanted the team around Gengar specifically then my bad, I didn't really see a preference so I went with replacing it and not Ray.

To start with the nitpicks, changing the Xerneas spread to 176 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 52 Spe is a pretty easy change, the 8 EVs from HP to Speed will allow you to outspeed Scarf Jirachi, so there's not much reason not to go ahead and beat a potential check (I mean you still have to hit Focus Blast, but other than that). With the removal of Gengar, there's also a few changes that should benefit the team. V-Create over Earthquake becomes pretty useful on Rayquaza since you can no longer trap and remove Skarmory and the like, which can wall a decent portion of the team with proper support on stall. I also found an updated Klefki set to be useful, Flash Cannon over Play Rough can help hit annoying Fairies which Gengar helped with to a certain extent and Toxic is generally useless enough (really only for Pdon which you should probably be spiking on) that Swagger could definitely make it on the set to help do annoying Klefki things. If you'd rather stay above that though, that's understandable. Finally, you could definitely look into running Lum Berry on Arceus instead of Life Orb, the team doesn't exactly favor Klefki spam right now and Darkrai can be a bit of a pain although I dont think it's too necessary. I tested this edited version of the team out a bit and it felt pretty good (also won a roomtour in the AG room although it was only 3 games for what it's worth), so I hope this helps you out and good luck with the team!

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 176 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Flash Cannon

Arceus @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Wc to smogon, nice team.

What Megazard said above, ig.
  • Probably switch Swagger and Spikes in Megazards team with Reflect and Light Screen, helping Rayquaza or Arceus to set up without much interruption, preventing them from dying from hits that might OHKO it, allowing them to sweep the opponents team with a higher rate of success, at the cost of being unable to set up or cause confusion, which will be nerfed in Gen 7.
  • Ig switching out Fire Blast for Will-O-Wisp on Mewtwo makes use of its ability, being able to burn Mega-Rayquaza or Arceus, thus crippling them and causing them to be unable to sweep.

potato

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)