Rina's Artworks | Art Trades -Open- | Requests -Closed-

I love the architecture piece its absolutely fantastic, the perspective and the building against the bright blue sky makes it really pop >< the other stuff is great too but that really caught my eye

It's been a whole Rina! Miss you <3
Been super busy in grad school and haven't even gotten a copy of OR/AS yet :(

Anyways, your art never ceases to amaze! I love the drifloon (absolutely adorable) and that watercolor architecture is fantastic! Make it so we can get prints ;)

I'M NOT DEAD I HAVE A NEW PIECE
"Alex"
Acrylics, 2-3 days

Thank you everyone for the kind words ;w; I will keep working hard ;;w;;

Hirshey Miss you too <3 I haven't gotten ORAS either haha, busy here as well. Which piece would you want prints of? :o I'll try to take good quality photos for you :)
- Stuff for The Smog
- Take pics of / upload the architecture pieces
- Finish up all the requests so I can take new ones :D

Congrats on The Smog cover! ;u; It was not only top-notch but also appropriate based on the timing of the issue. I had wanted to give you input in the AW, but it ended up slipping my mind. All I wanted to say was Rayquaza's head should have more yellow tones while the rest should be more blue to help differentiate its snaky body. Apparently though, you didn't need the help. ;p

The flower pot oil painting is phenomenal, wow. All of the contrasting tones are so pretty and blend so smoothly.

I'm not a big fan of the LC-themed painting, though. I'm aware it was rushed for release, but the lighting seems rather odd, especially in terms of the vignette (?) effect? It's clear that you have a lot of proficiency with traditional work, something that isn't the case for me, but you're less familiar with digital work and your drawing proportions can be somewhat iffy. This shows in the pencil portrait, which has an "uncanny valley" effect, as well as in some of your 'mon drawings. The biggest thing I can say is I have a feeling your art will reach the next level when your drawing expertise matches your painting, so try to take time focusing on practicing illustration. Your work is really diverse, and I'll be looking forward to whatever you do next!

Congrats on The Smog cover! ;u; It was not only top-notch but also appropriate based on the timing of the issue. I had wanted to give you input in the AW, but it ended up slipping my mind. All I wanted to say was Rayquaza's head should have more yellow tones while the rest should be more blue to help differentiate its snaky body. Apparently though, you didn't need the help. ;p

The flower pot oil painting is phenomenal, wow. All of the contrasting tones are so pretty and blend so smoothly.

I'm not a big fan of the LC-themed painting, though. I'm aware it was rushed for release, but the lighting seems rather odd, especially in terms of the vignette (?) effect? It's clear that you have a lot of proficiency with traditional work, something that isn't the case for me, but you're less familiar with digital work and your drawing proportions can be somewhat iffy. This shows in the pencil portrait, which has an "uncanny valley" effect, as well as in some of your 'mon drawings. The biggest thing I can say is I have a feeling your art will reach the next level when your drawing expertise matches your painting, so try to take time focusing on practicing illustration. Your work is really diverse, and I'll be looking forward to whatever you do next!
Thank you so much for the detailed feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to type all this out :)

I will keep your feedback in mind for the Rayquaza piece, and try to work in hue contrasts in my future pieces.

I agree that the LC painting has odd lighting. It's not my best work, and I was hoping to have the time to do it over, but unfortunately the deadline was so close that I didn't have the chance to. The weird lighting was because I didn't consider the lighting from the start and the painting ended up looking too flat. Next time, I will remember to decide on the lighting before I start a piece instead of trying to make it work at the end.

I also agree that I need to work on my drawing skills. I kind of started off by coloring other people's works instead of drawing my own, and that kind of leads to my lack of drawing skills compared to my painting/coloring. I'm aware though that it is not an excuse, and I will have to keep practicing in order to do better.

All in all, thank you again for the helpful feedback, and I will keep trying my best to improve :)

Someone *cough PixelMoniac_ cough* made me revive this thread, so I added a bunch of new stuff and three featured pieces:

Edit: Also, requests are currently closed, but if you have already requested something from me before, feel free to drop me a message and I'll work on it. I'm just not sure who is still active, so I'm not sure which ones to work on.

Last edited:
Someone *cough PixelMoniac_ cough* made me revive this thread, so I added a bunch of new stuff and three featured pieces:

Edit: Also, requests are currently closed, but if you have already requested something from me before, feel free to drop me a message and I'll work on it. I'm just not sure who is still active, so I'm not sure which ones to work on.

I am loving that Altaria! Glad to see you around. I've been very busy, but shoot me a message if you wanna catch up a bit!

Marvelous works. Especially the pokemon+medieval style art(like the stain glass works).
Thank you so much!

I also do apologize for the hiatus, I'm a little burned out on working on Pokemon artwork so I haven't had many things to post here lately. I suppose I could post non Pokemon stuff but idk haha. I'll try to update the thread when I can ;A;

Hello! :) I love ALL your work, but I just wanted to say the way you paints flowers is just stunning, I could stare at them all day. When I was in high school, I'd visit the art gallery and just stare at this one piece by Monet, and your works reminds me so much of that. So colorful and full of life <3

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I welcome this opportunity to say that I definitely endorse Hotbunlily's previous statement.
I can confirm that you definitely know both how to get the most out of the color spectrum and how to use it to your advantage in your artworks.

Your "Watercolor Starmie" artwork is a fine example, underlining the previous statements:

Starmie's jewel is of course the main focal point of the artwork and the range of color continuously expands the further away it moves from Starmie's center core.
The "stain-glass window" style that you used for this artwork also significantly allowed you to play with the lighting and place additional emphasis on the color spectrum.

In addition to this, Starmie's Pokédex entry in Pokémon X states that its "central core glows with the seven colors of the rainbow".
Who knows? Maybe it could be interesting for your future self to try and recreate this artwork with actual stained glass and let the sunlight shine through it?
I think that it'd be only fitting since Starmie can have the "Illuminate" ability!

You can actually create a lot of fascinating effects with light and stained glass:
Church architects use this to their advantage as well in order to create a safe and quiescent atmosphere, allowing the church visitors to focus on their prayers for example.

Either way, I wish you good luck and (more importantly) lots of fun with experimenting and working on future projects that have yet to see "the light of day".

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)