Rick and Morty

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

So over the past twelve hours, I shot straight through all eleven episodes of Rick and Morty. It's co-created by Dan Harmon (writer of Community) and Justin Roiland, who does the voices for the two main characters (you'll recognize his voice as Lemongrab from Adventure Time). You can currently watch all of the season one episodes on Adult Swim for free (here). YouTube also has it up if you'd prefer to go with minimal ads.

I wanted to post because I can't get over how incredible I think this show is. The dynamic between the two titular characters is absolutely hilarious. Rick's drunken abandon and brashness with Morty's innocence and stuttering generate a lot of witty lines that had me laughing. The supporting cast gets a lot of love, with reoccurring characters feeling fresh enough that you want to see more of them.

But the best part of each episode is the massive scale of it all. Each one has a distinct feel that sets it apart, and I honestly can't say that any single episode stands out. From borrowing heavily from Inception to enter dreams to creating an amusement park inside a homeless man, this show is all over the map. Heck, there's even an episode where all the characters do is watch inter-dimensional television, and I was still laughing hard. But amid all the craziness, Dan Harmon keeps it all grounded with touching moments in each episode. Handling loss, relationship issues, unacceptance, and a variety of other pains are tackled full on, which makes it all much more relatable.

So yeah, if you're looking to burn a few hours, watch Rick and Morty now. It's not going to be available on their site for too much longer, so hop on it. Absolutely 100% recommend. Watch a few episodes, because it takes some getting used to at the beginning. Once you've watch 'em all, let me know which one was your favorite.

It's my new favorite show. I liken it to Futurama, but with a bit more pessimism/realism. Rick Potion #9 is just astounding.

My favorite episode has to be "Meeseeks and Destroy". Morty getting attacked by the jelly bean and the Meeseeks trying to kill each other had me in tears.

_Tonks_

It's my new favorite show. I liken it to Futurama, but with a bit more pessimism/realism. Rick Potion #9 is just astounding.
Oh my god yes! I honestly thought this show was just going to be another stupid as fuck Adult swim show, but it's managed to draw me in and make me actually want to watch it when it's airing. I'm so happy they were confirmed for a second season.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/a-rickle-in-time/

WE'RE BACK, WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

New season is looking great already solely from the premiere. The concept was hilarious and they brought it all back together nicely. I'm glad they continued right from where they left off last season. Jordan Peele was particularly hilarious as the testicle time enforcer. The sideplot was just as good in this episode, in my opinion, with some of the best jokes about the nature of Beth's job. Looking forward to what the writers come up with next; it's always a surprise.

If you're just starting to watch Rick & Morty (DO IT), start with the first episode of season one. While they don't necessarily need to be watched in order, it's much better that way. We're only at twelve episodes at the moment, so it isn't too difficult to get caught back up! Also hit me up on IRC / PM if you wanna chat about it!

I binge watched the whole series last night until 3 in the morning, and I have to say that it's definitely my favourite show at the moment. I havent started Season 2, but ive heard good things and am gonna watch it tonight.

The Meeseeks episode and "Rixty Minutes" are probably the best 2 episodes imo. I loved that the meeseeks episode got super dark, super quick, with the morty bathroom scene and unexpected lines like "Existence is pain for a Meeseek"

I don't always watch TV, but when I do... it's some good shit.
I know the first two episodes of S2 leaked but I still have to watch the first. >-< So glad it's back!

spoiled myself 2 weeks ago so i can't see a new episode for a while

that being said, this is perhaps the funniest show i've ever seen. it's one of those shows that appeals to any intelligence level and i can watch it with different groups of people and enjoy it without having to explain anything. if you enjoy this show you should also give archer a try; the humor is similar and jerry's voice actor plays cyril who's basically jerry working in espionage.

It's just Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty and their adventures, Morty.. RICK AND MORTY FOREVER AND FOREVER A HUNDRED YEARS Rick and Morty.. some...things.. Me and Rick and Morty runnin' around and... Rick and Morty time... a- all day long forever.. all a - a hundred days Rick and Morty! forever a hundred times.... OVER and over Rick and Morty... adventures dot com.. W W W dot at Rick and Morty dot com w..w..w... Rick and Morty adventures.. ah- hundred years..... every minute Rick and Morty dot com.... w w w a hundred times... Rick and Morty dot com.......

After watching the 1st 2 episodes of S2, I have to say that i'm impressed at how they've not only kept up the quality of the humour, but even exceeded it in some cases. As you can probably tell from my avatar, I thought Krombopulous Michael was hilarious and i'll be sad if he doesn't make another appearance in the series. I'll try not to spoil for the people that haven't seen the episode yet, but the Roy scene was definitely one of the best of the series for sure. I'm excited for episode 3 since I've heard good things about it, but what are your thoughts on S2 so far?

Also if anyone knows where you can watch the leaked Episode 3, lmk please.

e: ty

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is the best show I've been introduced to this year. I've known of the series for a while, but this thread drove me to watch it finally, and it is damn hilarious. I've watched four episodes now, and Rick is already one of my favourite cartoon characters. His tendency to stutter and repeat lines is hilarious, especially when berating the family for using their technology on Christmas. I'll have to watch a few episodes before my opinion solidifies, but so far, I'd rank this show as highly as Archer or even Ugly Americans.

Has anyone else noticed, and been depressed by how just about every episode shows the destruction of a relationship or family? I mean like, literally every single episode. Kind of a dark motif.

Birkal

We have the technology.
Has anyone else noticed, and been depressed by how just about every episode shows the destruction of a relationship or family? I mean like, literally every single episode. Kind of a dark motif.
You wanna see destruction of relationships? Then watch the latest episode. MAN ALIVE. Best episode of the season so far, and the previous three were excellent as well. They just keep hitting home runs.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just wanted to say the biggest change I noticed arrived with Season 2 was the banging soundtrack. Goodbye Moonmen and that ending jam from Autoerotic Assimilation really made my eardrums happy.

For anyone who's interested, this is where Rick and Morty came from. It's kinda explicit, but it's authentic (made by Justin Roiland).

spoiler: One of Rick's catchphrases from Total Recall ("Lick, lick, lick my balls!") is a reference to this.

Last edited:

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
This show is amazing and has me in tears almost every episode omg

Its crazy because while on the surface its pretty silly, it actually explores some very dark themes, such as death, the insignificance of human life and how little our position is on the scale of the universe.

Also because this show is primarily based the multi-verse theory and how each of our actions cause an infinite amount of universes to be created, there are a ton of crazy smart mind-fucks that make me wonder "How the hell did they come up with this shit?!" Also Rick is so hysterical I can't even take it.

I definitely recommend this show to any fan of shows like Regular Show or weird cartoons like it, or anyone who likes a show that makes them laugh and think.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Been catching up on the second season and have to agree with pastel its best quality is that it explores into territories other adult animation ignores on account of being busy trying to be vulgar for vulgarity's sake. It shows itself well with the second season by taking time to show the family's dysfunctions in a rather serious light. Auto Erotic Assimilation comes to mind where Rick basically takes every advantage of being in a relationship with a hive mind while al so noting his destructive influence on Unity and not brushing it off. On a lighter side, the show has times where it's more or less fun period like watching tv with all channels from the multiverse (personal favorite) or plain out trolling the Devil.

Also, Ship's AI from 'The Ricks Must Be Crazy' remind anyone else of GLaDOS?

okay, just got through watching the interdimensional tv 2 episode and it was just... a let down. i loved the first interdimensional television episode, and was easily my favorite episode from the first season. combine this with how great this seasons been so far, and i hope you could imagine my excitement when i found out theyd be making a sequel to it!
it was so...underwhelming. the jerry sideplot was dumb and unfunny, and really just failed to go anywhere? i mean, maybe im missing the point, but i found it more uncomfortable and crude than anything else. i guess the skits were okay, but compared to the goddamn homeruns that the last episode like this kept hitting, it just fell so flat. i mean, they werent bad by any means, and i gotta admit that the personal space and tax attorney skits were really funny, the other ones felt really forced and tried to replicate the feel that you got from the last batch of skits, but they just felt like filler more than anything else. idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)