Retesting the Suspects

I think everyone will stop whining when we get a couple dropdowns from OU due to usage/whatever. GREEN00's post is interesting. A Tentacruel or Mamoswine metagame would be fun, but not broken.

As for bringing down BL's just to "mix things up" or "give poor Crobat a chance", we'll have a shift in the metagame soon enough. And without any effort on our part whatsoever.

I like the whole "lie in the bed you've made" mantra.
I've generally found this community to be too "ban-happy".
Sure a good player may be able to win more consistently without some of the more gifted Pokemon around.
However, your victories often start to feel routine, even inevitable rather than hard-fought.

I appreciated that stale, paint by numbers gameplay is not what makes Pokemon fun for me.
But it is possible that some people were caught up in the vague theoretical notion of "balancing" wthout considering whether the result would be entertaining at all.
So I think living with the result of the votes will help return bans to their place as a very drastic step that should not be taken lightly.

The other side of the issue is that sometimes bans do need to be rethought.
The nature of UU means that new Pokemon can "drop down" that would have functioned in a properly antagonistic way with Pokekmon that were previously banned.
However, the procedures to test those ideas in an *efficient* and completely empirical way isn't clear at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)