Regarding the Shadow Tag ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
it has come to my attention that i--despite being sure i had--never made an official announcement nor put out an explanation to the public as to why shadow tag is banned now, so here it is:

we, the uu council, recently came to consider the ability as a whole a broken game mechanic. this is because we noticed that gothorita could do the same thing gothitelle could, in terms of dismantling an entire playstyle (stall/defensive balance). with wobbuffett and gothitelle already banned, we figured the best course of action would be to simply ban the ability and shorten the BL waiting-to-be-tested list.

the way the uu tiering system works, any ban made in the middle of the retest period is simply an amend to the original ban-list. so yes, this means shadow tag will be retested like every other suspect.

if you have any other questions, feel free to send me or any of the council a VM/PM and we'll get back to you at our earliest convenience.

that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)