Real Life Applications of Pokemon

I remember through all the games is tiny bits of pokemon doing work of normal people. Also going back to a personal favorite pokemon thing of mine, the original manga series. Green could use her pokemon through a lot more ways the just battling. and lets talk about the reality of the anime. It used real life physics to make things really realistic. So, out of curiosity what do you all think would be useful to use?
Thanks for stickin with me, mates and lasses, companions and everything else. Have a great day!

Well, we have seen Pokémon Dairy Farms with MooMoo Farm in Johto and the Baa de Mer Ranch in Kalos, using Miltank and Skiddo respectively. Speaking of farms, while we haven't seen one in the games, Mareep's wool is harvested, much like real sheep. Makes you wonder what other kind of farms exist.

Well, we have seen Pokémon Dairy Farms with MooMoo Farm in Johto and the Baa de Mer Ranch in Kalos, using Miltank and Skiddo respectively. Speaking of farms, while we haven't seen one in the games, Mareep's wool is harvested, much like real sheep. Makes you wonder what other kind of farms exist.
What about cotton farms with Whimsicott and Jumpluff? Or fruit farms from Tortera? Countless farms. It really is an interesting topic, almost one worthy of its own thread

Power plants. Hydro, wind, electric, any of them. All you need is a Gyrados shooting water into a turbine all day, a hoard of Pikachu powering a generator, or loads of flying types doing anything for wind mills.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
What I think would happen in a realistic wold with Pokemon (lol) is that while the predictable stuff like Electric types being used for power generation and grass types being used for their produce would happen, I believe that highly intelligent Pokemon Like Alakazam an the Lati Twins would be the reason for advance civilization the cities that benefit from that kind of stuff. Why? No humans. That's right, I believe that in a realistic Pokemon world Humans would die out way before they start civilization. Pokemon can use moves like Double Team or Dig to defend themselves and humans have pointy rocks on sticks at best before carnivorous Pokemon use us as a defenseless meat source. Even the non-carnivores would be lethal to us with their self defense. I don't need to use individual Pokemon as examples, because I can use entire types instead. Fire burns us, Ice freezes us, Poison poisons us, Electric electrocutes us, and Ghost eats our souls. In the unlikely case that humans do survive long enough to see civilization, I believe that it would be as livestock. From a Pokemon's point of view, humans are so stupid that we can't understand them, so they shouldn't have any reason to feel bad about anything stupid as human, right? Long story short, were ether dead or Man Chops.

But we could come up with something other than just commercial use. I was thinking more on the stuff you couldn't do in the games. For example, the disguising abilities of Ditto or the Jetpack abilities of Blastoise. Those are both examples

I always was a fan of actually just using a Pikachu or other small electric type to charge a battery. Those cheeks of Pikachu sound like they would go great with the + and - terminals of a battery. Or even better a Plusle and Minun holding hands (why we never got that event is disgusting even though the Pokemon just aren't special)

What I think would happen in a realistic wold with Pokemon (lol) is that while the predictable stuff like Electric types being used for power generation and grass types being used for their produce would happen, I believe that highly intelligent Pokemon Like Alakazam an the Lati Twins would be the reason for advance civilization the cities that benefit from that kind of stuff. Why? No humans. That's right, I believe that in a realistic Pokemon world Humans would die out way before they start civilization. Pokemon can use moves like Double Team or Dig to defend themselves and humans have pointy rocks on sticks at best before carnivorous Pokemon use us as a defenseless meat source. Even the non-carnivores would be lethal to us with their self defense. I don't need to use individual Pokemon as examples, because I can use entire types instead. Fire burns us, Ice freezes us, Poison poisons us, Electric electrocutes us, and Ghost eats our souls. In the unlikely case that humans do survive long enough to see civilization, I believe that it would be as livestock. From a Pokemon's point of view, humans are so stupid that we can't understand them, so they shouldn't have any reason to feel bad about anything stupid as human, right? Long story short, were ether dead or Man Chops.
Should Pokémon exist on our exact planet, its likely our genetic engineering advancements. Humans have guns and whatnot now, and something else by then perhaps. Is it that they kill all the stupid humans? or is the world just not prepared for pokemon. Pokémon games seem to take place in a utopia. But as the three justice pokemon lore says, there was a war between us races. was this perhaps the reason why? I mean, there is no chance our primitive weapons did so much damage. This brings up an interesting conversation about the technological advancements of pokemon, like with Alakazam. Maybe hes just a superadvanced human that might exist in thosends of years. But this is an incredibly scientific and serious conversation. This gets a bit deeper than what I intended

I always was a fan of actually just using a Pikachu or other small electric type to charge a battery. Those cheeks of Pikachu sound like they would go great with the + and - terminals of a battery. Or even better a Plusle and Minun holding hands (why we never got that event is disgusting even though the Pokemon just aren't special)
That really logical.

CTNC

Should Pokémon exist on our exact planet, its likely our genetic engineering advancements. Humans have guns and whatnot now, and something else by then perhaps. Is it that they kill all the stupid humans? or is the world just not prepared for pokemon. Pokémon games seem to take place in a utopia. But as the three justice pokemon lore says, there was a war between us races. was this perhaps the reason why? I mean, there is no chance our primitive weapons did so much damage. This brings up an interesting conversation about the technological advancements of pokemon, like with Alakazam. Maybe hes just a superadvanced human that might exist in thosends of years. But this is an incredibly scientific and serious conversation. This gets a bit deeper than what I intended
My theory involved what would happen if Pokemon and humans lived in the same world from the beginning and was basically that natural selection would cause humans to die because everything else survived better, but your post made me realize that even though the background I imagined was the most realistic, (unless genetic programming of the future proves me wrong) it was the only one where humans were likely go extincted. I recall hearing in one or more games that it's rumored that Pokemon come from space. If that happened, and if they came around after humans have advance far enough to protect themselves, then the Pokemon world we think of happening makes sense. (Also, my theory on humans dieing quickly now only applies only to every other animal on earth. That means death to squirrels, but it's worth it. :P) As for genetic advances, due to Pokemon being around for thousands of years before the games take place, I think we can rule that out as a possible background for the world in the games, (except for Mewtwo and Genecect) but if Pokemon being made through genetic programming happened in this world, a similar world to the one in the games would probably result. The only differences I can think of are there would be no legends and no extinction of squirrels.

Right, and to say just a last few comments on my theory, I do wish to show you the possible time gap of Pokémon. Genetic engineering to Pokémon type level would probably exist if we've somehow figured out shrinking, healing a creature to perfection, and the digitizing and materializing of physical objects, and warp technology. We've hardly figured out how to make something hover for 5 minutes. As for Pokémon coming from space, that's a whole discussion for another day, perhaps a Pokémon world origin thread somewhere. Its a little more out there than yours or my theories, but it is possible. But all pokemon cant come from space. Following the lore of Sinnoh, Dialga and Plakia are gods of all space and time. when they become, the world becomes. Arceus is actually after the two, because Arceus, the good Lord of the Pokémon world, actually makes a similar effect to the Big Bang, but the Big Bang can only exist in a world of time and matter. This discredits a space theory, but also opens up multiple possibilityies. this is a great conversation, but this is a bit off-topic and a better saved topic for another thread, I might create a thread soon to explore origins of Pokémon, but we have strayed much too far from the topic at hand. I suggest we close this certain side conversation, Climmy, for a thread on Origins of Pokémon, or Lore of Pokémon. Said thread will not exist for a while from me, but if any of you care enough to make one, as long as it follows rules of Smogon. Bring it to my attention, and I will participate and follow the thread.
I'm going to go back to the topic now.
A cool application of Magnizone could be for levitation research.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon with Harvest are basically endless food machines.

Any Pokemon can control the weather to a degree (seriously, so much shit gets Rain Dance and/or Sunny Day), which can to be used to help grow crops. Or ensure it doesn't rain when sporting events are happening.

The anime already gave use nurses and health care support in general, while the games have given us the idea of using Mons for transport.

The possibilities are honestly endless.

CTNC

Everyone's thinking about the larger picture on how Pokemon can help humans. (or in my case, not help) I've got some ideas for every day uses for moves.

Hypnosis: Great for parties
Thief: Great for when Hypnosis has been used on everyone
Pay Day: Great for bribing the cops
Brick Break: Great for breaking out if Pay Day doesn't work
Cotton Guard: Great for pillows... I want an Altaria.

I can certainly imagine the likes of Bidoof and Bibarel being used to gather wood for their owners in construction and such; going back to their origins.

I think it'd also make sense to consider the wild habitats of Pokémon when thinking about this - it'd be a much easier, quicker resource for the people nearby to get and use rather than send from far away, like someone in Kanto requesting the magical uses of a Delphox. For instance, Sinnoh's Valley Windworks. I'll use the Platinum version for this example; Shinx, Mareep and Pachirisu are rather common outside and it's not hard to see them powering up generators and the like, that part's obvious... but what about other Pokémon? Shellos could do it's part using mud-slap, mud sport etc. to shore up the river surrounding the area to defend from the likes of wild Gyarados and Tentacruel. Buizel likewise could help save any worker unlucky enough to fall into said river - remember, the Valley Windworks are practically on the water's edge. But why would they be that close? Why, taking advantage of the area's Finneon, Lumineon and maybe even Tentacool and Tentacruel to light up the place at night, of course! Going back to this area with a super rod also uncovers the likes of Shellder but I can't quite imagine a use for those, nor the Pelipper and Wingull. Maybe they steal a poor worker's lunch or something.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Basically any psychic type can become really useful.
I don't see why they officially use Machokes to move houses or cardboardboxes... psychic types can do that too and they can do much more, with greater efficiency.

Anyway, officially, Gothitelles become very good maids. (manga)
Officially, Jynx can mentally calculate sums with sin, cos and tangent. (manga)
Officially, Metagross are said to have brains that function like super computers. (pokedex), so I'd imagine humns ordering their Pokemon to calculate stuff for them?

Thinking about it... I could actually see a rather tame Rotom being used by like an electrician or such. A Rotom flies around into electronics and electrical machinery so it might know when things just aren't right and might be able to help diagnose what's wrong. (Akin to how people can at least help doctor's diagnose their own problems by telling them their symptoms unlike regular animals)

Pokemon would be pretty awesome for transportation. I'd totally ride an Arcanine literally everywhere. Or a Braviary if I needed to get in the air. Or a Floatzel for the water. I hope I can afford scuba gear.

My theory involved what would happen if Pokemon and humans lived in the same world from the beginning and was basically that natural selection would cause humans to die because everything else survived better, but your post made me realize that even though the background I imagined was the most realistic, (unless genetic programming of the future proves me wrong) it was the only one where humans were likely go extincted. I recall hearing in one or more games that it's rumored that Pokemon come from space. If that happened, and if they came around after humans have advance far enough to protect themselves, then the Pokemon world we think of happening makes sense. (Also, my theory on humans dieing quickly now only applies only to every other animal on earth. That means death to squirrels, but it's worth it. :P) As for genetic advances, due to Pokemon being around for thousands of years before the games take place, I think we can rule that out as a possible background for the world in the games, (except for Mewtwo and Genecect) but if Pokemon being made through genetic programming happened in this world, a similar world to the one in the games would probably result. The only differences I can think of are there would be no legends and no extinction of squirrels.
By that logic, shouldn't humans have become extinct in our world? We can't run as fast as a cheetah, we don't have as much force as a bear, we don't have as many teeth as a wolf, we can't fly like birds do, we can't swim or dive for too long. What allowed us to evolve the way we did was that we managed to invent whole languages and that we farmed and all that stuff. Our brains got us through, not our physical strength. So who's to say we couldn't repeat the same feat in a Pokemon world. Who's to say Humans aren't Psychic- and/or Fighting-type? Who's to say Humans aren't Pokemon? After all, humans are considered animals irl, just more advanced animals

Ok this is deviating too much. Back on-topic:
I guess Hypnosis could be used for people with Insomnia problems, and Cresselia's Lunar Wings for people with chronic night terrors

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)