1. Our third apparel sale is live. New design + reprint of the athletic design. Support us and get a shirt!
  2. The moderators of this forum are Nexus, .com, religiousjedi, shiny finder, and TheMantyke.
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  5. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by TheMantyke, Jan 26, 2014.

1. BlizzardHero

BlizzardHero

Oh, it's not that most people don't trust WT, it's just that if something looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

If it has horrible stats, or at least resembles a spitback of sorts, you're usually good. Your parent Mimikyu looks fine, beacuse there's no competitive value in it. Your Mimikyu is probably fine to be used.
  2. christopher_ 1942

christopher_ 1942

Phew, thank you. I was worried I might get into trouble because of that.
  3. IQMathlete

IQMathlete

Recieved this Shiny Genesect from a PS! trade. There doesn't seem to be much wrong with it other than being 6 IV, but I would like feedback. Probably an RNG.
    Language: JPN
    Species: Genesect
    OT: Something Japanese
    ID No.: 07133
    IVs: 6 IV
    EVs (optional): None
    Ability: Download
    Pokemon's name: Genesect
    Level: 100
    Pokeball: Cherish
    Shiny?: Yes
    Pentagon?: No
    Moves: Shift Gear, Blaze Kick, Extreme Speed, Iron Head (all pp maxed)
    Nature: Hasty
    Region of origin: Unova
    Characteristic: Somewhat vain
    Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
    Other comments (optional): According to my trading partner, it was obtained in a discord GA.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  4. Sondero

Sondero Giveaway Extraordinaire
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

There doesn't seem to be anything directly illegal about it. The fact that its name is Genesect and not written in Japanese could be a clue that it's hacked, however unless I'm mistaken, it's possible to RNG the TID and SID to get a save file where the Genesect is nicknamable.
    However from what I remember, that event Genesect has been hacked and traded around quite a lot in the past, so unless there's solid evidence that the Genesect was originally obtained and RNG'd by someone very trustworthy, I consider it highly likely to be hacked. (it could also be worth reporting to a staff member in the Wi-Fi room, if you got it from a trade there)
    BlizzardHero likes this.
  5. IQMathlete

IQMathlete

Oh oops, the name is indeed Japanese. My bad. Is the nickname the only thing suspicious about it?
  6. Sondero

Sondero Giveaway Extraordinaire
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

From the details you provided: no, it seems to be legal.
    The main point that leads to why I'd consider it hacked is that it's 6IV and has a relatively sketchy origin, along with the fact that it was a popular Pokemon to hack.
    I definitely wouldn't trade it around on these forums or in the Wi-Fi room on PS!, but since there doesn't seem to be anything directly illegal about the Genesect, I suppose you could keep it to use in Wi-Fi battles where legal hacks are allowed.
    BlizzardHero likes this.
  7. LegoFigure11

LegoFigure11 :thinking:
    is a Community Contributor

That Genesect behaves weirdly in terms of RNG (to the point where several experienced RNGers have failed to do it properly), so that combined with what Sondero said about it being a frequently hacked 'mon lead me to err on the side of caution and call it a likely hack, unless it can be traced back to a reputable source.
  8. christopher_ 1942

christopher_ 1942

I've had this Eevee for quite a while back in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and it was used to get myself a Sylveon about a couple of years ago. But...looking back at it now before this warning of suspicious Wonder Traded Pokemon, I had to do a hack check now.

Language: JPN
    Species: Eevee
    OT: (Japanese Name)
    ID No.: 49691
    IVs: 30/30/30/30/15/30
    EVs (optional): N/A
    Ability: Anticipation
    Pokemon's name: (Japanese Name)
    Level: 60
    Pokeball: Luxury Ball
    Shiny?: No
    Pentagon?: Yes
    Moves: Baton Pass / Double-Edge / Last Resort / Trump Card
    Nature: Calm
    Region of origin: Hoenn
    Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
    Ribbons: None
    Other comments (optional): Egg received from Day Care helpers on 12/17/2013 and hatched apparently 12/17/2013 on Route 7 so I think what happened was this Eevee in the Egg was transferred to Pokemon X / Y to hatch and then transferred back to ORAS. Also if my memory is correct, she was Level 1 since I started breeding Eevees.

It's still in my Alpha Sapphire game so if the Eevee really is hacked then I'll release it along with sadly, my Sylveon...I should've checked her summary back then...
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  9. mertyville

mertyville

I just traded from someone this Genesect and wanted to get it checked.

Language: JAP
    Species: Genesect
    OT: えいがかん
    ID No.: 07133
    IVs: HT/31/HT/HT/HT/31
    EVs (optional):
    Ability: Download
    Pokemon's name: ゲノセクト
    Level: 100
    Pokeball: Cherrish Ball
    Pentagon?: non
    Moves: Techno Blast, Gear Change, Espeed, Blaze Kick
    Nature: Hasty
    Region of origin: As shown in the pictures below
    Characteristic:
    Ribbons: As shown in the pictures below
    Other comments (optional): I am a bit irritated by the position of the ribbons because it doesn't seem in Chronological Order

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ゲノセクト
  10. LegoFigure11

Nothing about that is suspicious, imo. Everything seems correct, and the order of ribbons is not something that is changeable by hacking - it's fixed, so the order of ribbons adds no suspicion at all. Overall it certainly looks legal to me :)
  11. RazorLeafVGC

RazorLeafVGC

One from GTS needs checking please.

Language: FRE
    Species: Yveltal
    OT: yann
    ID No.: 56331
    IV: HP, DEF, SPD, and SpD 31 ATK decent Sp.Atk pretty good
    Ability: Dark Aura
    Name: Yveltal
    Level: 80
    Pokeball: Masterball
    Shiny: No
    Pentagon: yes
    Moves: Foul Play, Oblivion Wing, Sky Attack, and Focus Blast
    Nature: Mild
    Region of Origin: Kalos
    Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
    Ribbons: Alola Champion and Kalos Champion
  12. LegoFigure11

It looks like a regular playthrough Yveltal, but with modified IVs to make them... worse?
    Anyway, gen 6 Legendaries must have a minimum of 3 IVs that are 31, so if what you've said is true then it's a hack/edit and should not be traded here.
  13. PsIana

PsIana

As far as I see, it has 4*31 Ivs and seems ok for me

31/decent/31/pretty good/31/31
    LegoFigure11 likes this.
  14. LegoFigure11

Ah, my bad. I misread (it's still early here haha). If this is the case then yes, there's nothing visibly wrong with it. I still wouldn't trade it here though, due to it being from the GTS.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  15. AlphaVoxel

AlphaVoxel

Good afternoon. I was trying to participate in Das_eisenherz's VGC giveaway, and my Pokémon was sniped. I had asked for a Clefairy, and I received this:

Language: English
    Species: Clefairy
    OT: Noah
    ID No.: 57295
    IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    EVs (optional): 252 Hp/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Pokemon's name: Clefairy
    Level: 95
    Pokeball: Premier Ball
    Moves: Calm Mind/Moonblast/Body Slam/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Bold
    Region of origin: Kalos
    Characteristic: Alert to sounds
    Ribbons: N/A
    Other comments (optional): I was trying to trade for a Clefairy for my Tiny Tourney Evoboost team, and got this. I don't have time to train one myself, and I do not dare use something I believe could be hacked.

If I could have this checked, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably go request another from Eisen, but I am running out of time...

Thanks,
    -AV
  16. Viridi

Viridi

From what I can gather, it looks legal, at the very least. However, since it is a perfect shiny from the GTS, it's most likely a legal hack. You're probably better off asking Eisen for one again.
    LegoFigure11 and Sondero like this.
  17. AlphaVoxel

AlphaVoxel

Thank you.
  18. Unowninator

Unowninator

I heard that same parents have a 50/50 chance to pass down each ball. Is this true? Because if it is, then this is outdated:

Edit: This part is definitely outdated thanks to Island Scan:
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  19. gkh1997

gkh1997

I just wanted to add on a few more OTs that shows hacked Pokemon:
    * AuSLove.TV or AuSLove.TV E (very bad hacks such as shiny Victinis)
    * TomBrownYT
    * KAMINO
    * RoC (seen a lot of times)

There could be more. These are either Youtubers or twitch users that use Wonder Trade and Link Trade to distribute Hacked Pokemons on Festival Plaza.
    I have encountered Shiny DBHA Lugia with OT AuSLove.TV and someone has encountered a Shiny Victini with that OT. Regarding TomBrownYT, he is a Youtuber, and he distributes hacks.

I have been going on Festival Plaza looking out for hacked OTs nowadays. Hopes that this information helps. :)

EDIT: Added a few more. :)
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  20. callofjilly

callofjilly

May i ask: Is a dive ball Lvl 1 HA male nidoran legal? and where can i find an updated legal balls list that specifies unavailable balls for HA? thanks :)
  21. Max. Optimizer

Max. Optimizer the greatest alive

Yes, a male Nidoran bred in a Dive Ball is legal with all of its available abilities.
    Here's the complete Gen 7 Breedable Pokéball Legality Guide put together by TheMantyke.
    Viridi, callofjilly and Sondero like this.
  22. LugialordTRG

LugialordTRG

Back in gen 6 while i was wonder trading I got a shiny 6IV treecko from AuSLove.TV I trained it up to lv.50 and then traded it to sun and moon. After reading through this tread I now assume it's hacked should I just release it or just keep it in my P.C for battles with friends that aren't competitive.
  23. LegoFigure11

Yes, it's hacked. Having it on your save and using it in battles with your friends etc won't harm your game in any way, but trying to trade it (or Pokemon bred using it as a parent) here will get you in a spot of bother.
    Max. Optimizer likes this.
  24. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Language: English
    Species: Sneasel
    OT: Rosa
    ID No.: 05595
    IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
    EVs (optional):
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Pokemon's name: Sneasel (no nickname)
    Level: 1
    Pokeball: Moon Ball
    Shiny?: No
    Moves: Fake Out, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Pursuit
    Nature: Jolly
    Region of origin: Lumiose City
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Ribbons: None
    Other comments (optional): I was planning on breeding Sneasel for the upcoming Weakness tourny and while rummaging through my PC box within X to see if I had a Sneasel to start the breeding process I happen to find this Pokemon. Now I forgot where I got it from and I seen one instance of this OT/ID combo on Smogon here so I'm wondering if this Sneasel legit and okay to use for breeding.
    Sondero likes this.
  25. BlizzardHero

BlizzardHero

Couldn't find any reference to it anywhere, nor could I find anything fundamentally wrong with it. The OT that matched and had the correct IGN was from a TSV hatch, so it's possible that whoever ran that thread might know how to track down the original owner, but I doubt that this individual is active enough for such. It's possible that the OT was listed on Smogon's TSV list (I checked all other TSV Databases), but the list has shed inactive users and is no longer complete and thus OT's from that time period may be hard to find. However, since you don't where it came from, it's probably safer to not use it for breeding, but there's nothing wrong with it, and Moon Ball Sneasel's are common enough.
    Sondero likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)