READ ME: Rules & Simple Questions - SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

If a week passes and I bump a proposed metagame thread, and another week passes after that with no comments, can I bump the thread again?

Somebody use prankster smeargle in aaa ubers while it is illegal, smeargle can't use SKETCH,yep
I don't know why you made a whole thread for a single question, but I've moved your post to somewhere more approriate: this thread. Please go to page 1 of this thread and give the rules of this thread before posting further.

As for prankster smeargle being used in AAA Ubers. No, it is not illegal. Look at the banlist: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...aaa-ubers-simple-banned.3528058/#post-6007526 see? I'm not sure what "smeargle can't use SKETCH,yep" is supposed to mean, but if my answer isn't the one you were looking for, please elaborate in this thread and either me or someone will answer it (or we'll try at least!).

Reactions: Mq
where can one learn how to program their own om?
Well, OMs are coded to be playable in PS servers so you have to be familiar with PS code. You have to learn how to code yourself if you don't know how. Once you have a good grasp of the language, you can look over PS' code and see how you can edit it to make it fit an OM's concept. Luckily PS is open source and the info can be looked up anytime using the command /git in a PS room. You'll basically get the following information when you use the command.

Pokémon Showdown is open source:
- Language: JavaScript (Node.js)
- What's new?
- Server source code
- Client source code

Can I bump submissions if I get a reply and reply back, but get no further replies a week after that?
You can keep bumping weekly until your metagame is approved or denied. In fact, I encourage you to keep bumping unless you've given up on the idea; in which case, please state that you don't want to continue pursuit that metagame and ask for the thread to be locked.

New metagame owners: Please stop making 3 and 4 reserved posts. You don't need more than 1 in all honesty. Assuming your OM becomes successful and you need additional posts in the future, we can arrange that. If you really want to make more than 1 reserved posts, make them and then delete them. We can undelete them if they become needed. Chunks of reserved posts in new OM threads is not pretty.

I have 2 questions

1: Is there a place where I can request a banner for a newly approved Other Metagame? Luckily with Lockdown Sobi very kindly offered to make one within a couple of hours of me making the thread.

2: When is it being decided what metas will carry over to SuMo? I would like to make a case for Lockdown continuing in SuMo, as I think it will get better then - Electric Terrain will be much more viable thanks to Tapu Koko summoning it via its ability, and Raichu-A getting +2 Speed in it. And should Bruxish be able to learn Trick Room (many Psychic types can), it will be one of the better setters as thanks to Dazzling it's immune to priority.

I have 2 questions

1: Is there a place where I can request a banner for a newly approved Other Metagame? Luckily with Lockdown Sobi very kindly offered to make one within a couple of hours of me making the thread.

2: When is it being decided what metas will carry over to SuMo? I would like to make a case for Lockdown continuing in SuMo, as I think it will get better then - Electric Terrain will be much more viable thanks to Tapu Koko summoning it via its ability, and Raichu-A getting +2 Speed in it. And should Bruxish be able to learn Trick Room (many Psychic types can), it will be one of the better setters as thanks to Dazzling it's immune to priority.
1. If you know any artists, you can ask if they want to make you a banner. Alternatively post in the workshop in the smeargle studios forum and wait for an interested artist to pick it up. Time it takes to get a response and get an actual piece will obviously vary.

2. We'll probably bring a handful of the more popular metagames (judging from activity) and the rest will need to be resubmitted. It's not 100% decided yet.

What if a meta that was submitted before the submissions were closed was locked, but neither approved or declined? It has been locked since May, and I am wondering if it could get unlocked?

:)

What if a meta that was submitted before the submissions were closed was locked, but neither approved or declined? It has been locked since May, and I am wondering if it could get unlocked?

:)

Why has it been locked since may? Was it denied and moved to closed submissions or?
Edit: I actually found the thread and unlocked it. Not sure why it was locked at all.

Also The Immortal, are tour submissions still open?

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Will the SuMo submission format look substantially the same as the ORAS ones? In other words, can I prepare a submission for when they reopen? If no, can I reserve an idea to submit? (It's likely to be submitted quickly whether I do or not)

Forgive me if this has already been answered in detail, but I couldn't help but wonder if there's more to the ban on metagames that use nicknames from becoming Other Metagame of the Month than simply "it's not obvious how to make a team for it." Awhile back I read a discussion on another thread (I think it was the Type Control thread) about the OMotM blacklist for nickname and Import/Export metas and that (roughly) was given as the rationale, and while I agree on the front of Import/Export metas since that feature isn't generally used for directly editing team data and an explanation would be pretty lengthy I don't see why the blurb for the new metas which appears on PS's main page can't be used to explain what you're supposed to use the nicknames for, so if there's any additional reasoning for why it wouldn't work I'd appreciate hearing it. (Contrary to the argument proposed in that thread, I don't believe nicknames to be fundamentally different than, say, the arbitrarily-assigned items which grant abilities in Enchanted Items)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)