[RBY] Exeggutor (QC 0/1)

:rb/exeggutor:
Exeggutor
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Rest
- Explosion

RBY OU commonly revolves around Sleep, and Exeggutor's access to Sleep Powder and Explosion, as well as a strong Psychic typing, make it one of the more reliable sleepers in the metagame. One of Exeggutor's main issues is its susceptibility to getting worn down easily as well as status. Unless it's able to switch in on a Chansey or Snorlax healing up, if it wants to use Sleep Powder early it will likely have to eat paralysis as well as Seismic Toss or Blizzard from Alakazam and Starmie respectively, making it hard to use its Psychic typing and solid bulk to continually check the titans of RBY OU. Rest flips the matchup on its head, allowing Exeggutor to come in on and heal up against the likes of Snorlax, Alakazam, and Rhydon multiple times per game. When playing with Rest Exeggutor, be careful not to spread paralysis too early, as forgoing Double Edge or Hyper Beam in favor of Rest makes it harder for Exeggutor to break down paralyzed Jynx, Chansey, or Alakazam that try to block its Sleep Powder. An option is to bring in Exeggutor more freely on an Alakazam for example, trade paralysis for Sleep, and then heal back up later.

I would like to add a replay from SPL / RBYPL / RBY Invitational if I anyone has one ready, but I do not plan to go through hundreds of replays to find one :(

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Unless it's able to switch in on a Chansey or Snorlax healing up, if it wants to use Sleep Powder early it will likely have to eat paralysis as well as Seismic Toss or Blizzard from Alakazam and Starmie respectively, making it hard to use its Psychic typing and solid bulk to continually check the titans of RBY OU.
this is actually not the biggest problem, finding momentum for your egg isn't so hard bc lax and chansey tend to be so passive; i think moreso you should reword this to stress how hard eggy suffers from both chip damage and paralysis generally (since he can't heal either and he needs the speed to be effective vs lax/don)

Rest flips the matchup on its head, allowing Exeggutor to come in on and heal up against the likes of Snorlax, Alakazam, and Rhydon multiple times per game.
'flips the matchup' reads weird because you aren't talking about a specific matchup and moreso just egg's general qualities. you can instead say "rest allows exeggutor to mitigate these weaknesses and hold off wallbreaking attempts from the likes of bla bla bla", or something to that effect

rest looks good + add that marco spies replay from invitational

QC 1/1 when implemented

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)