SM OU Rate My Team!

Which mon do you think does not fit in that team?

• Genesect

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Tapu Fini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alolan-Marowak

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Landorus-T

• Celesteela

• Pheromosa

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Hello everyone! LOSING IS SUCCESS here. With the release of SU/MO i thought that it would be awesome to create my own teams and pass them out so i started team building again. It's my first SU/MO team so i have no idea of the meta and i'm hoping someone ,who does, to help me improve it! So, with no further due let's get started!

1) I really like genesect so i wanted to build my first team around it.

KickassTorrents (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Explosion

2) As Fire being the only weakness of Genesect, choosing Tapu Fini was expected.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 60 SpA / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Defog

~Not sure about the evs tho. :/ I want a defensive set to be able to absorb hits.

3) Tapu Fini's weaknesses are Poison, Grass and Electric so the first mon that came to my mind was Alolan- Marowak.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

~ So the idea of that mon is to absorb electric moves with my Lighting Rod ability and hit hard under certain circumstances. That's the reason why i chose a bulky attacker set. Don't think it's the correct one tho :/

4) There is no specific reason why i chose Landorus-T. I just wanted a bulky-rocky helmet-stealth rock user. :pimp:

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

"16 SpA? , Hidden Power [Fire]? What?! what is he doing? scrub player"
Well, let me explain myself. I have faced a lot of Scizors and Ferrothorns who switched in to my defensive Lando and ate EQ's for breakfast so i calced some things to see if it's worth.

• In an OU Bulky Swords Dance Scizor set (248 HP, 200 SpDef) , HP Fire does 45.4 - 53.6%
  • In an OU Utility Ferrothorn set (252 HP, 168 SpDef) , HP Fire does 39.7 - 47.7%
So, in my opinion it's worth to 2HKO those mons under certain circumstances. Also have in mind that EQ does way less dmg than hp fire. :)

5) Celesteela? Why not? (lul)

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Autotomize
- Leech Seed
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash

~ I'm running an offensive set because the majority of people expect a defensive one! So you can catch them off guard sometimes! At least i guess...

6) Originally my last mon was Tapu Lele but i got swepped by a mixed Pheromosa and i got jealous of it. So i replaced it with this!

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

~ Have no clue about the set! I just coppied-pasted it from my opponent that i faced. It can hit really hard.

So guys!

That's my first SU/MO team! Please feel free to leave your suggestions and opionions on this shit in order for me to be improved in team building! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)