rate my team

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:doom:plz make some suggestions to my team:

swampert
evs: 252 s. defence, 112 defence, 144 attack
item: dont know yet
nature: jolly
moves: earthquake, waterfall, ice punch, mirror coat

swampert acts as my tank. with high defence, s. defence, and attack, usually he gets in at least one strong attack. earthquake and waterfall are there for stab attacks, ice punch to take out grass, and mirror coat to take out those pesky special sweepers, like roserade or milotic.

tyranitar
evs: 252 attack, 252 defense, 4 hp
item: dont know yet
nature: adamant
moves: aerial ace, crunch, rock slide, dragon dance

personally, my t-tar is my favorite. even though he is 4x effected by fighting moves, he generally lives through at least ONE attack( yay for high defence), unless it is STAB. with his sand stream ability, plus spikes and stealth rock, it makes fof a relatively easy battle. nonetheless, heracross is a major threat, due to his speed and attack. so, to me, a scarfed t-tar is the way to go.

dragonite
evs: 252 s. attack, 252 attack, 4 speed
item: life orb
nature: mild
moves: thunderpunch, fire punch, ice beam, dragon pulse

IN this team, dragonite acts as a mixed sweeper. setting up substitute, then focus punching usually takes out the opponent in 1 hit, sometimes 2. its object is to adapt to whatever is in front of it and take out as many pokemon as possible.

ferrothorn
evs: 252 s. defence, 112 defence, 144 attack
item: leftovers
nature: relaxed
moves: earthquake, spikes, explosion, stealth rocks

ok. this guy is mainly used to set up stealth rocks and spikes, to generally make it easier when i throw in a sweeper. due to his incredibly high defence, he can spam spikes and set up stealth rock. givinng him something to do afterwards is advisable, so i include earthquake. when his health gets to a point where he is about to faint, i use explosion, generally taking out the opposing pokemon.

gengar
evs: 252 speed, 252 s. attack, 4 hp
item: wiseglasses
nature: modest
moves: dark pulse, substitute, shadow ball, pain split

To me, this guy is THE special sweeper. only real threat is blissey and choice scarf alakazam with psychic. otherwise, gengar generally takes out everything. gengar's main goal is to break through physical walls who would other wise take out half my team, like weavile. although not perfect, he makes a really good s. sweeper.

metagross
evs: 252 attack, 112 speed, 144 s. defence
item: expert belt
nature: jolly
moves: explosion, ice punch, meteor mash, earthquake

O metagross... how i love thee. let me count the ways. one, your ice punch takes out ground type
pokemon; two, your meteor mash is a great stab move, and your earthquake takes out fire types. like ferrothorn... when your hp gets low you use explosion. with your attack stat, you make a great physical tank.

feel free to make suggestions and improvements!!!
my bt record is 87 wins

the order of my pokemon would go as this:

forretress: to set up spikes and act as a suicide lead
tyranitar: to induce weather and sweep opponents
lapras: if its a bulky water everyone likes. it would absorb water moves and t-bolt the crap out of it.
dragonite: to set up subpunch combo or special attack a physical wall
gengar is used to revenge kill
blaziken or electivire(again, which one?) are to be used to knock out special walls,like blissey

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
You need to add descriptions, or else a mod may lock this.

Also, Blaziken cannot legally have Speed Boost in Gen IV.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To be honest, none of these sets are fully viable in 4th Gen OU.

Lapras has few useful resistances and is weak to too many common attacking types. Lanturn, Vaporeon or Suicune would be better special Water-type tanks.

Scarftar needs full Speed and Jolly to be useful, and typically has a moveset of Stone Edge / Pursuit / Crunch / Superpower (or Earthquake).

Subpunch Dragonite is much better achieved by Tyranitar, using the standard Boah set; however, this is outdated due to few good players using SkarmBliss in stall cores. DDNite or BandNite are much better in the current metagame.

Forretress is fine, just use Shed Shell or Leftovers over Iron Ball, which does very little. Earthquake is the best attack to use as the EVs are meant to let Forretress KO Heatran and Magnezone.

Gengar has an abysmal set - just use the standard SubSplitGar.

Electivire is not useful in the team at all. A better physical attacker in this role would be a Physically Mixed Infernape.

Note that I'm just correcting the sets, not the team structure itself.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so who could i use instead of lapras as a s. tank? i picked lapras because of it shariing a great moveset with starmie. i didn't want to use starmie because EVERYBODY uses starmie. gengar acts as my special sweeper

i see what you mean about dragonite, but wouldnt gengars horrible defences work horribly in setting up a substitute? why not just hit as hard and fast as you can?

btw, i only picked electivire because of his moveset. who do you guyses think would go with my team?

as for t-tar, i considered pursuit and superpower, not at the same time, but i chose rock slide because it is more reliable, and aerial ace for coverage. not many fighting types are faster than scarftar. i guess i could use pursuit over superpower. i just dont like losing attack

ok... so i've been online and narrowed lapras' position down to: milotic, vaporeon, swampert, and quagsire. which one would go great with my team and what moveset should it hav? also, which pokemon could i use to replace electivire and what moveset should it hav?

again, sry if i appear noobish and/or impatient. so far no one has even given an acceptable answer based on my question, which was to rate, my team, and to give suggestions. i KNOW my team is not perfect. so instead of saying that my team basically sucks balls and you are unable to rate it and help me, try actually giving some advice and making it into a good team. so far, only one person, mikel, has fulfilled at least PART of the post.

okay lucarioark, i changed my team. can you rate it now?

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Stop with the a) unhelpful posts, and b) abuse to the people trying to help you.

This team obviously is not constructed with knowledge of the metagame. No matter how you feel about it, it is against the forum rules to post teams without serious thought and knowledge of the metagame. As such, I'm going to get a mod to lock this thread, as nothing constructive is going to happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)