Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind

Always good to have a Hurricane abuser for fighting/grass types, plus Tailwind for non-Swift Swim mons, Scald for STAB and to fish for burns, and Ice Beam for Dragons.

SparxXx (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Just recently swapped him in for Mega Sceptile because I needed someone that could abuse Thunder and still keep Lightning Rod for predicted switch-ins on electric attacks (usually on Pelipper or Politoed). Flamethrower for coverage/surprise if rain setters are down, signal beam for coverage and HP Ice for Lando-T.

Kelly Slater (Kingdra) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

Here's one-half of my offensive core. I'll rarely use anything besides Surf save for when Specs get Knocked Off, but it'd be stupid not to have 4 moves. Specs + Swift Swim ensure this thing will hit hard and fast. Surf's up.

Beartic @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
- Icicle Crash

Primary (really only) physical attacker with coverage to take down common mons like Heatran, Garchomp, Chansey, Ferrothorn, etc. I think i'm overlapping my coverage with these moves since Play Rough covers the dragon and dark types that are taken care of by Icicle Crash and Brick Break, but they're needed for steel/grass/rock/ground/flying/normal as well. Maybe swap PR for Aqua Jet?

Binyah (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Haze
- Scald
- Encore

Usual lead along with Kingdra, Haze/Encore is for attempted setups, Scald for STAB, Blizzard for coverage. I don't actively fish for freezes, but they pop up a lot more than I would've expected, so that's a nice added bonus.

Lily of the Valley (Cradily) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

The other half of my core offense, Storm Drain ensures protection + boost from Kingdra's surf, toxic for stalls, and Sludge Bomb for grass/fairy/coverage (as GD and don't have the widest coverage). Giga Drain helps get rid of opposing water mons that may try to benefit from rain as well as health recovery. Earth Power is for Toxapex, Heatran, etc.

Usually goes something like this:
T1 - Politoed/Kingdra lead, Kingdra Surf and switch to Cradily
T2 - Surf, Surf, Surf, boosting Cradily and switching as needed. Kingdra usually doesn't make it all the way through the battle so I don't really worry about switching to preserve him. Just ride it out till he passes, then play as normal. I've noticed that Sun teams and Trick Room teams usually give me the biggest trouble, particularly Charizard Y (which is why I added Manectric and removed Sceptile). Thinking about dropping the IV's on Cradily, Pelipper, and Politoed to 0 to try and check TR teams since they aren't outspeeding anyone anyway. Any advice on checks, strategy, or even the mons themselves would be appreciated. I'm fairly new to Smogon so if there are any glaring holes that I'm overlooking, pointing those out would be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)