Questions about "Colors" for the ds

Hi, I've been thinking about buying an r4 to download the home-brew program colors, and I have a few questions.

1. Does an r4 work with an original ds, because it says that they recommend lite ds' for use with colors, on their site.

2. What is this about buying memory for r4's? I don't own an r4, so i haven't the slightest idea on how they work... they said something about buying memory for it on their site.

I'm not entirely sure if these questions would go here, so if I'm in the wrong area feel free to move my topic to wherever it should be. I didn't see a SQ/SA topic in here, so I just made a topic. Thanks in advance, to however gives me the first answer.

1. No idea, sorry.

2.Basically, the memory is so that you can save your progress (in games) and put your movies on.

Mini-mini-SDs are needed for it, they are smaller than the ones for wii.

Hi, I've been thinking about buying an r4 to download the home-brew program colors, and I have a few questions.

1. Does an r4 work with an original ds, because it says that they recommend lite ds' for use with colors, on their site.

2. What is this about buying memory for r4's? I don't own an r4, so i haven't the slightest idea on how they work... they said something about buying memory for it on their site.

I'm not entirely sure if these questions would go here, so if I'm in the wrong area feel free to move my topic to wherever it should be. I didn't see a SQ/SA topic in here, so I just made a topic. Thanks in advance, to however gives me the first answer.
1) It works on the original.

2) You need a micro SD card.

yamipoli

the only person more obsessive than jumpman
is an Artist Alumnus

microSD. You want to buy either a 1GB or 2GB card, no more or less. r4 can handle up to 4GB, however if you have a Wii, it will only handle up to 2GB cards. I use my microSD cards in my ds, Wii, phone and camera, personally. 1GB will run you about 10$, and two will run double that.

With everything popped up.

normal

Alright guys, thanks for the quick responses. I'll check into this sometime soon, colors seems like a pretty sweet program. $10 for just 1gb isn't too bad, I guess it's the r4 that kills ya then...

EDIT: 1 more question; is it possible to buy an r4 at a store anywhere? I'm not a big fan of ordering things off the internets...

Alright guys, thanks for the quick responses. I'll check into this sometime soon, colors seems like a pretty sweet program. $10 for just 1gb isn't too bad, I guess it's the r4 that kills ya then...

EDIT: 1 more question; is it possible to buy an r4 at a store anywhere? I'm not a big fan of ordering things off the internets...
You might find one in chinatown or your non-new york city equivalent, but other than that, no.

yamipoli

is an Artist Alumnus

No. The closest you're going to get is Datel's Games 'n' Music, but that is terrible and regardless what it claims, handles homebrew games much like trying to ski down an active volcano.

Alrighty than, I'll be ordering it over the internet. Wouldn't want to waste money on a crappy variation. Now, does it come with a memory card when you by the r4 revolution, or not? This one looks like it does.

yamipoli

is an Artist Alumnus
The ones from the factory I don't believe have anything included, mine did not as I had to go and get one myself. Assuming you order that "MicroSD TF Card : 2GB MicroSD (+13)" then yes you are set.

I don't know, I didn't buy it yet. I'm not buying anything until after august. I can't afford to. Saving for a tennis ball machine. ;D

yamipoli

is an Artist Alumnus
Colors! is a brush type program, so trying to sprite in it would be pretty futile. there's another program called UAPaint that might be what you are looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)